Hoop House Killa 2017.

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
The first round it's a little bit colder outside. I'm hoping to get around 20 units out of the 80 foot beds in the early spring run. The mid summer run hopefully closer to 30. Then the final replant when they finish naturally if I could get 15 I would be stoked
You must not be a mathematician, those numbers sound low.........

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

What numbers are you thinking @baba G .. I always like to set my expectations low.. I could easily post the number that I think i could achieve if everything went perfect... But the numbers I posted are what I think i can pretty easily achieve if i don't make any monumental mistakes.. When growing cannibus outdoors its very easy to get excited and come up with crazy projections and then you end up being disappointed when your 8 pound plants only turn out to be 2 or 3 pound plants :)

Last edited:
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Heres some pictures of last years light dep.. The top two pictures are of the early spring run.. I had one 90 foot hoop house and one 70 foot hoop house.. I pulled 47 pounds between the both of them.. This was my first time ever doing it and had a crazy variety of plants that weren't all uniform.. I should be able to improve some but overall it went very well..
Image 1

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

The next two pictures are of the mid summer run... These were very healthy plants I had started for my outdoor in 10 gallon pots.. I decided to do another round of dep and put them in 100 gallon pots.. A couple improvements could be made but not much.. I pulled 35 pounds off of the 90 foot long hoop house...
Image 2
Image 1

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like you have some things down.

Clones instead of seeds, less blue dream, lots of crack.

What soil did you use? Did you test it yet?

What market does your cannabis usually go to? I been hearing the strains you picked are popular in L.A.

Where did you buy your dep tarps from? Cost? Or link?

IMO, that picture you posted about drippers in the beds will be perfect. However this year my design I am trying to add double the rows, for half the time. I noticed many dry spots in between my rows, and had to hand water to keep things even once a week. More cost upfront but less time hand watering in the long run, for my situation at least.

I don't see any gypsum on that native soil............"throw some gypsum on it!"

As far as yields go, I have a 48 long x 12 w hoop house I pull 15 -30 depending on the time of year. Last year mid season I pulled 18 pounds with another 5 of little's. I hope to crush that this year, much room for improvement. I had been recycling coots mix and it was on it's 4-6th crop with only light amending after each year. This year I am pulling all the soil on the property and mixing it all up like you did last year. Shooting for a much higher Ca level this year, 85+%.

BTW - Stoked to tag along. You are one of the growers I enjoy following the most. Thanks for sharing.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
You just contradicted urself in front of ALL sober people.

1. the roots don't need to go deeper.
2. this helps the roots go deeper.

You ready to talk about ur kid going to Jail yet? Shit lady wtf.

What is wrong with you? Why would you attack her family when you cant read? She clearly said no need to go deeper in the "BEDS" because "they're sitting directly on soil, the roots have a place to go." Seriously man, you have made a career out of talking nonsense, adding nothing to threads, troll just about everybody, and now attacking a mods family for no reason. Please reevaluate whatever it is that is making you bitter, cause right now, you are a virus and embarrassing your self over and over. You are now on ignore, so I don't care what your response might be.

Sorry mendo, but this stuff skates by ALL THE TIME.

The Terps

The Terps

@Blue Berry you aren't a very good reader obviously as sea said the roots can go as deep in the native soil as they want. As cannabis roots prefer to stretching rather than dig down. Nice low blow though, you and gray always let everyone else know your trashy and stupid.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Thx everyone for following along. Thx for the input bulldog. Yeah I probly screwed up not putting down the gypsum. Seadmaiden even advised me about it a while ago in another thread and I didnt listen. It's prettty good soil underneath. It's a grassy field in Sonoma county with not much clay so the roots should be able to break through.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

@Bulldog420 i used sequoia landscapes growers choice i get here in town. It's 80$ dollars a yard with free delivery. I feel it's a better deal then a lot of these 140$ a yard places and I have to pay for delivery with the other brands. My market for my herb is a couple local brokers who handle everything. I have one big guy who has a distribution license but he always try's to low ball me. Not sure where it goes after I give it to my buddies but everything I do stays in Sonoma county.

I got the soil tested two years ago and it came back almost perfect. I haven't done it since but I stick to the same formula of ammending it.
I probably should test it again. :).
I'm excited to run the green crack and try some new genetics. I have heard good things about the candy land and I ran some sunset sherbert last year and loved it so I hope everything turns out good

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I order my blackout tarps from Santa Rosa hydro right off the 101. It's about 1800$ for the tarp that covers a 10ft wide by 100ft hoop house if I remember from last year.
I'm about to go buy 11 more tarps in a week or so and will let you know what price I can beat them down on a bulk order. I believe it all gets shipped down from Humbolt.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Has anyone ran the green crack clones in light dep. would love to hear about it.

My main fertilizer I use is growilla top dressing fertilizer. I use a 2000 lb tote of veg and bloom. I will probly only use the bloom this year because I'm not trying to grow monster plants anymore. I feel like the top dressing is very well put together and will fill in any deficiencies I have in my soil.

Top Bottom