Hoop House Killa 2017.

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

We have three more hoop houses at the other garden that need to be finished tomorrow. First we're gonna head over and check out the plants and see how they are liking the sunshine. Then get 60 more pvc sand try to get everything completely ready for the big transplant right around April 7th.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I got a new drift boat so we took it up to the Garcia river at 5 am this morning and fished all day. I caught a good steelhead but it got off right before I landed it. FUCK
IMG 2659
IMG 2660

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

We put in a good day of work today. Watered everything. Sprayed everything. Transplanted the biggest ones that we're getting rootbound in one of the big beds. They look really good. Gonna finish transplanting the big ones tomorrow then spread out all the smaller ones and give them another week before we plant everything
IMG 2674
IMG 2675
IMG 2676

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Thx @GrowingGreen we have some issues we need to deal with. We have tons of mud everywhere and it just keeps getting worse every time we water. Hopefully all this sun helps. We're gonna rent a trencher and try to do small French drains all the way down along all the hoop houses.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

THe level of mud at my house with all the projects I have going is maddening. I am ready for the rain to stop.
I believe it. It's been a sloppy winter. Besides the crazy amounts of rain creating water every time we water it drains out of the bottom sides of the beds. Are black out tarps are lined down the whole side of the hoop house and never let the massive puddles get any sun or wind flow. We're gonna have to do something pretty quick. Once we get the other 20 more important tasks we still have to do done. :)

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I have a question!!! So we transplanted the biggest ones into the hoop house without any supplemental light two days ago... They were ready and the roots were starting to get root bound.. The next day I realized i might as well hook up some lights and put them back on 20 hours of light and give them another week of grow and keep them on the same schedule as everything else and give the roots and chance to explore the whole bed during this nice weather.. This morning my buddy that pulls the tarps said that he got scared of all the DUI checkpoints last night and wasn't able to pull the tarps and he was super sorry.. So one of the greenhouses with the biggest plants has had 2 days no supplemental light.. All the others one have only had one night with no added light...
What do people think is gonna happen??????? @Blaze @Seamaiden @Bulldog420

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

They should be fine and continue to veg.. Im a little worried about the ones just transplanted that had 2 days of back to back 12.5 hour days of light... Also we keep our lights on almost 21 or 22 hours so the change in light is dramatic

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you should be fine it takes more than one or two missed cycles to throw them off.

IME, it depends on strain and sensitivity. I left my tarp on for too long one day and I got hermi flowers on some spots. I think that was due to the high heat under the home depot plastic, but only took an extra 3 hours.

I think 95% chance you will be just fine. 5% chance you get a few problems, maybe a reveg or two. Overall you should be fine IMO. Good unwanted experiment though..... keep us informed.

Your worker though.........
e9a6e7041defcc34a9ffc32daac694eb.jpg

Alcohol is bitch. Drunks suck.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

IME, it depends on strain and sensitivity. I left my tarp on for too long one day and I got hermi flowers on some spots. I think that was due to the high heat under the home depot plastic, but only took an extra 3 hours.

I think 95% chance you will be just fine. 5% chance you get a few problems, maybe a reveg or two. Overall you should be fine IMO. Good unwanted experiment though..... keep us informed.

Your worker though.........
e9a6e7041defcc34a9ffc32daac694eb.jpg

Alcohol is bitch. Drunks suck.
He's been pulling the tarps for me for two years now and has only missed three days without giving me a heads up and each time he told me the next morning. He's a savage at pulling them. This first month has been so muddy and wet that we had the tarp almost collapse the greenhouse so he was out there by himself for two hours in he storm trying to fix it before he called me. He's part of the team. Shit happens.
It's not an easy job either. I've seen him pulling full force and the grommet breaks and he flies backward into a mud puddle at ten at night. Shit is not easy :)

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Don't have to tell me the ins and outs. Last year I pulled tarps day and night, for 180+ days. I know it sucks, I know about the mud, and if I could, I would pay a guy to do it also. Falling in the mud, check. lol.

Just giving you a hard time. Cool you respect your workers that much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom