• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
And @caregiverken how's the battle? E Every time I put up recent post. I see u two. Good two know I will still spy in the grass and occasionally slither on in. m

SunGrown

SunGrown

I had to move some extra ladies from inside to out, I needed the space, so I decided to document their growth in the outdoors here for the rest of their lives

All of these are in 3 gallons promix hp each and have had nothing but water their entire life so far. No food, no b1, no nothing, but well water.

They were freshly rooted clones roughly ten days ago. They have been under indoor hps their whole life from a cutting to today.

I will try to take a picture once a week or so from the same position to document their growth here.

So here we go

Super Silver Haze
ssh.jpg

Capitalizer
cap.jpg

Ole Betsy
betsy.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies
gsc.jpg

Now I want to share some reveg plants. These are the phenos from the dep a few weeks back.

This is the Blue Crack x Merlin's Kush
bcXmk_reveg.jpg

And here a bunch of close ups of quite a few different plants I am revegging so I have them in clone form.
They were all documented in this thread already.
reveg.jpg

reveg1.jpg

reveg2.jpg

reveg3.jpg

reveg4.jpg

reveg5.jpg

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Can U tell me about ol Betsy ? Recently got franchise seeds slaughtering Betsy

SunGrown

SunGrown

Can U tell me about ol Betsy ? Recently got franchise seeds slaughtering Betsy

Unfortunately no one can tell you about ole betsy. Just rumors about where she came from that likley aren't true.

But she is a solid producer that gets big with quality flowers. Been around norcal and southern oregon for a long time. The large outdoor growers around here have kept her sorta as an elite and she does not get shared much. There are a few like that around here.

SunGrown

SunGrown

Been pulling seeds from flowers some today. These are from the dep a little while back. STICKY ICKY! Strong White Widow smell in the room!

I hope I have the terminology right as far as IBL, etc. Please any breeders that see this that wants to school me, feel free!

I am generally happy with the quality of the seeds. I only pollinated a couple small flowers on each. I was hoping to get at least 40 or so seeds of each and I got more than that so I am happy with that.

The F1 seeds of the (Blue Crack x Merlin's Kush) x (Afcrack x (White Widow x Blueberry)) came out real small but mature.

The three girls that were pollinated and harvested were all left with popcorn for a reveg and those pics are up above in the thread.

Some of these seeds along with the revegged plants (clones of) will make back crosses and more over the winter.

First pic is of a fully seeded flower:
flower_with_seeds.jpg

F1 of (Blue Crack x Merlin's Kush) x (Afcrack x (White Widow x Blueberry))
bcXmkXafXwwbb_F1.jpg

Next up:
IBL
Afcrack x (White Widow x Blueberry) x Afcrack x (White Widow x Blueberry)
Brother x Sister
The Pollinated Female had an Indica Phenotype

afXwwbb_IBL_indica.jpg

Next:
IBL
Afcrack x (White Widow x Blueberry) x Afcrack x (White Widow x Blueberry)
Brother x Sister
The Pollinated Female had a Sativa Phenotype

afXwwbb_IBL_sat.jpg

SunGrown

SunGrown

If you have been following along, you will know that I like to either dep a plant for a couple weeks or I will run a plant indoors on 12/12 and then put them outdoors to finish flowering.

With many strains this works well. I am finding more and more that the more "kush" or indica a plant leans the more likely this is to work and work well.

So I wanted to update this and et you know if you do this, to keep that in mind. In particular, the strain most recently to hate this treatment is the Casey Jones. It has too much of a sativa influence I suppose.

I do have a couple that are doing ok, but there are quite a few that I started inside and then moved out that are now trying to reveg....no biggie to me really, they will flower soon, but I will update here as the year continues to show how these ones grow.

Some pics below of three different tops of three different plants:
cj_reveg.jpg

cj_reveg1.jpg

cj_reveg2.jpg

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Good morning Brother
Cool Beans :) love the stripes!
Everyone should make their own seeds! It is fun too.
Im not making seeds this year though. and only grew one of my own crosses
Obs and Aligee have lots of beans I wanna check out..loompa too.
and Baba G. and Garden of dreams, BOG too! ....lol
I aint got time for my own home made crosses right now lol

R

RPsmoke

Looking good. And just to share what I understand IBL to mean: IBL refers to a true breeding plant (homozygous) that has been breed for generations selecting the traits desired until those genes reliably reproduce the traits you want. Basically a breeders attempt to get a seed population as close to 'clone like' as possible, if that makes sense. Obviously 100% would be ideal, but I don't think it's possible. Breeders get extremely close to 'true' and often refer to those stable genetics as IBL.

SunGrown

SunGrown

hey thanks Ken and RP

Very cool beans! :D

from what I understand the first part of an IBL is having a phenotype that I know I like and having her have sex with either another f1 produced from this original mother or skipping that step to have her mate with her brother and this creates the first line of the inbred line...I think anyway

I could be wrong, but they are inbred!

so from reading this page ( http://www.cannabase.com/cl/bcga/breeding/inbreedingoverview.htm) here again for the millionth time, it would seem the pheno I liked, for an example, I will use the Sativa dominant version of the AF x (WWxBB) that I chose and have now revegged for future use.

The male that I used to pollinate her was her brother chosen from the same set of seeds. He displayed all the same characteristics that she did even in how well his male flowers developed. The male and female grow Large resinous flowers.

And so now they mated and produced seed

And this part in particular seems to be what I have done:

In another situation, sometimes a farmer will notice a few individuals in his fields that stand out from the crowd in a positive manner. Like say the are resistant to a problem pest. In this case, he will collect the best of the individuals and his starting population will contain several similar individuals and not a unique single individual as in the previous example. He would skip the hybridizing step (making the F1s) and go straight to the generational inbreeding step.

So I think the start of IBL can skip the part where you would make the first set of seeds using a different male, making f1's in the process. Then you would take a male from those seeds, and pollinate your original phenotype that you chose and kept as a mother. Anyway, I did skip that part.

This mother/original phenotyped female is always called P1, if I am right!

Someone that can school me without being a dick, please stand up!

SunGrown

SunGrown

And this says:
Your starting point of an inbreeding project can involve two parents that are related or two parents that are not. You could even start with a single parent and self it. In each case, we will arbitrarily assign the parents making up the starting point the P1 parents. In a typical inbreeding project, the progeny of the P1 parents will be called the F1 cross. When you cross individuals from an F1 generation together, you get an F2 generation. Cross the F2 generation and you get an F3 generation. The F3 generation gives rise to the F4 generation, and likewise, the F4 gives rise to the F5 generation.

So maybe the brother and sister are both P1 and these seeds are considered F1, then if I mate these seeds together is that F2?

Or do I select a new male from these seeds and mate that back to the P1 original pheno?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
good questions..idk
..but, when i have bred a male and a female from the same pack of breeders beans, i have just called them F2's:confused:..im not sure what makes a "true" "f2"

SunGrown

SunGrown

good questions..idk
..but, when i have bred a male and a female from the same pack of breeders beans, i have just called them F2's:confused:..im not sure what makes a "true" "f2"
exactly.

No one does unless they know what plants had sex with each other. And then was there a P1 involved later? It gets complicated

So, you start to see that what someone may have given you as an F2 or IBL, may actually be a misnomer, or wrong altogether

SO I am on a mission to start doing it in very clear and accurate detail, so my labeling for the future is always spot on!

SunGrown

SunGrown

Unless I really fucked up on my notes along the way, these DOG flowers I am about to show you are at day 30 of flower! I have zero reason to BS about it. I just wish I knew what I did to have flower so good and so far along on these plants this time.

These were vegging outdoor plants planted into contractor bags of Patio Plus. Then they were moved indoors with 800 watts vert hps for a couple weeks of 11/13 then moved out. It is all documented here.
wcd.jpg

wcd1.jpg

And for size comparison. These are ROCK hard nugs too
wcd_bottle.jpg

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Nice man! Lots of big trichomes!
30 days you have red hairs..any pollen flying around there?
Been real hot though too. I think heat could do that.
Or climate change?:cool: IDK

Ask SeaMaiden about climate change..
:)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I have buds outside too :)
You, are making me, want to take some portraits :D

SunGrown

SunGrown

Nice man! Lots of big trichomes!
30 days you have red hairs..any pollen flying around there?
Been real hot thought too
If you saw these in person you would think they were done. She is a great strain!

nope, no pollen on these gals. Or anything else outside right now. I will be pollinating the af x bbww male to the blue dream this fall though.

Sometimes I think about making seeds with dog but she is so fantastic as she is. Indoors I usually get her ripe enough to cut at about day 43ish

So this isn't too far off that. Anyone who has this cut pretty much never would get rid of it. Been growing her steady since 2010 and will never stop

SunGrown

SunGrown

I have to share this rhyme that @BushyOldGrower , me and @Max Frost came up with spontaneously almost it would seem

made me LMFAO for real!

"If you have a skeeter on ur peter knock it off...
dun dun
If you have a skeeter on ur peter knock it off...
dun dun"
...If there's a skeeter on your Peter,
Not the right time to beat 'er!
If there's a skeeter on your Peter, knock it off...dun dun" !!

the thread is here:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/sour-grape-ala-bog.59976/page-9#post-1303225

anyway, I think its funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom