Hoops And Flowers

• Thread starter SunGrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
SunGrown

SunGrown

Well, before anyone following along starts to think that it all went to shit, I figured I would get a couple pics of some healthy gals.

Here is a descent sized SFV that is healthy. She hasn't been pruned much and her ass end is shaped funny, but she is about 7 feet tall by about 6 feet wide
sfv_clean.jpg

And this sfv is only 3 plants away from the worst russet mite affected plant there is in the garden

And this is a general pic with a couple Hindu Skunks, DOG, Purple Diesel, and if you look close you may spy a large Casey Jones in the very back...none of these are infected with the mite. All have nice healthy growth and all have mucho pistillate growth! But all are in the same garden...

clean.jpg

waayne

waayne

Man those look like the picture of health
I'm glad to see they haven't spread to everything in your garden,and that you've got those little bastards on the run now.

SunGrown

SunGrown

Man those look like the picture of health
I'm glad to see they haven't spread to everything in your garden,and that you've got those little bastards on the run now.
Thank you so very much waayne!

I am wanting to not hate my sfv!

The healthy sfv's I have are fine but grow funny, if you have grown her outside large like this I would love some tips on her. She is sooo dense, that top 6 foot round section you see in the pic has easily 200 or 300 main tops, long and lanky like she is.

I just don't know if there is a way to train her, this is my first year outside with her. Indoors she is much easier for me!

My other strains I am very familiar with and they grow "normally", lol

Even the Larry grown normally.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yeah!
Those are beautiful plants Bro.
I have a few that grow kinda like that SFV with a million little branches like that. I dont like it either

waayne

waayne

@SunGrown I've ran OG's outdoors,but never anything approaching the size of your plants.....
I always use hog wire to support them,as it's rainy here nearly every Fall,and they collapse
from the rain,if not well supported.....

SunGrown

SunGrown

@SunGrown I've ran OG's outdoors,but never anything approaching the size of your plants.....
I always use hog wire to support them,as it's rainy here nearly every Fall,and they collapse
from the rain,if not well supported.....
ok, thank you waayne.

yeah I have them already supported in 5 foot round by 4 foot tall hog fence, and already trellised a few times over with horti trellis...I will just keep with that

I get heavy rain in the fall as well, but the last couple years actually has not been bad, but I am always prepared for it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I hope your family is ok down there! I saw on the news what happened in AZ, I think it was? Serious stuff!

And I will try to convince the rain gods to at least go fill up your water storage tanks!
San Berdoo Co is where I saw the flash floods had killed some people. One person was in a vehicle, got flipped by the flood and they drowned. My family is ok, they're above a wash, but the wash became a raging river!

The rain gods mocked us here yesterday. Ha! Ha ha!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Are you spraying the healthy ones with the Met?
Surely you are spraying them with something right?

SunGrown

SunGrown

@SunGrown That's odd that they're not attacking the whole garden. Must be too stoned :)

Good thing though, the unaffected are monsters!
It is odd, that is why I am researching about if perhaps they were in that one soil bed in particular, or if perhaps they were dormant somehow and on only the sfv's...the latter makes little sense due to the fact that I have dozens of strains in clone and seed form...why only sfv??

And the former makes almost no sense, due to the fact the beds this garden has have all been used for many years straight now.

I did add new coco, cow shit and happy frog to each bed this year. But if the bugs came from any of those then why not the whole garden??

Color me be-fuckin-fuddled on it....but it seems i got it under control now, hopefully

Thank you so much for the compliment, it is always nice to hear. The infected one(s) is/are the same size as the rest, just too ugly to care to share pics of really...

SunGrown

SunGrown

Are you spraying the healthy ones with the Met?
Surely you are spraying them with something right?
oh yes, every plant gets sprayed. I have so far sprayed the met two times, and I am doing a soil drench this morning with met. And I will spray the girls today with takedown as well

SunGrown

SunGrown

After scoping at least ten samples so far today I have found nearly all dead...sigh...

I just found two little fuckers maggot-ing around the leaf. Interestingly enough, not at all on the pistils, maybe because there are no pistils...but they were crawling at the crux of the leaf where the leaf fingers meet at a point.

I am killing that plant right now.

Then I will sample some more tips, may kill a couple more too, we will see. I hate these russets!

But only finding one or two live ones doesn't have me too worried. I think likely they are eggs that just hatched, and they will eat the met52 and shortly after die.

SunGrown

SunGrown

OK, so I chopped down that one, and there may be two more right next to her that I can not see them recovering in a good enough fashion to produce anything worthwhile flower wise.

Anyway, after cutting down this one, I noticed something. The maple tree right above this particular plant looks like shit.

RUST color leaves, not perky and happy like last year at all...I scoped a leaf and did not find a live mite at all, but what looks like MANY eggs that have hatched...

any thoughts?

Has anyone following this/researching this came across these guys on maples?

I found many articles list star thistle as a known carrier but what about the maple?

I am almost thinking the deer could have brought them this year as well..

I want to know what brought them here!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
OK, so I chopped down that one, and there may be two more right next to her that I can not see them recovering in a good enough fashion to produce anything worthwhile flower wise.

Anyway, after cutting down this one, I noticed something. The maple tree right above this particular plant looks like shit.

RUST color leaves, not perky and happy like last year at all...I scoped a leaf and did not find a live mite at all, but what looks like MANY eggs that have hatched...

any thoughts?

Has anyone following this/researching this came across these guys on maples?

I found many articles list star thistle as a known carrier but what about the maple?

I am almost thinking the deer could have brought them this year as well..

I want to know what brought them here!
yeah It could be deer bringing them! Damn Deer! :mad:

SunGrown

SunGrown

I seriously dislike deer, they are just giant rats. In the mountain places like where I live, some of the older people think they are cute and feed them like they are pets.

I HATE the deer and the meat isn't even that awesome, stupid nuisances that I can not see how they are good for anything

I found this from the university of Utah and yes, the russets do like maple...seems like these mites like anything really

https://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/factsheet/eriophyid-mites2010.pdf

SunGrown

SunGrown

I suppose there is a chance what I have is not hemp russet, there are so many russet types, but it seems like they all suck...just because it is on hemp doesnt mean it is hemp russet.

Not that that matters, but I just thought it would be worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom