Hoops And Flowers

• Thread starter SunGrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RPsmoke

Sounds about right to me. Might help, so I'll add: P1 stands for Parental generation. Those Parents create first filial generation, or f1. You can cross these sibling together for an f2. In your case sounds like two siblings are from an earlier cross? Same parents? Crossing them together would produce f2. If you are outcrossing to new genetics, then you could call them P, and their seeds would be the f1 generation. F1 tends to be fairly stable, and is what a lot of popular breeders produce. When you take two f1 and create the f2, you tend to see greater variations in phenotypes (more recessive). You can pick siblings to cross back to the parents (sounds horrible, but... its breeding) and help strengthen the genetics you want, getting closer to IBL. You are trying to create a homozygous pair of chromosomes for that specific trait (say, purple bud). This trait would then be a dominant gene and would carry those purple traits with it. Crossing it with another sibling that reached 'IBL' for that trait would result in 100% purple buds, or close to for your environment. Basically inbreeding until there is little to no variation in the genes, and seeds produce almost clone like siblings. True, or original IBL I think of as landrace strains. I don't think you can reach a true IBL by sibling incrossing, I believe the genes need to be brought back to the P generation.

SunGrown

SunGrown

Here are pics of the Sativa dominant seed start that I will just go ahead and document my seed adventure with her here.

So, my buddy last year had some extra Afcrack clones I gave him that he just stuck in his compost pile in the back yard. They were pissed on, etc...but they took off. They actually were meant for death and didn't die.

He has a strain in seed form that he made that is a Blue Widow (Blueberry Female x A White Widow male) (I confirmed today which was male and which was female)

Well at the same time last year he took pollen from one of his Blue Widow males and pollinated that Afcrack and got a lot of nice seeds for his effort.

I popped a bunch of these this spring and out of about 60 seed starts I chose the one best male and one each of the two phenotype variations of the females. There were only two phenos it seemed.

Now here are pics of the male and of the sativa female that were used for this batch of seeds I just harvested:
afxbb_male.jpg

afxbb_male.jpg

afxbb_6-20.jpg

afxbbww.jpg

afxwwbb.jpg

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Shit...forgot to add this the other day.

I got the ac/dc cut from haroborside as well. Isn't it supposed to be equal parts thc and cbd?

SunGrown

SunGrown

Shit...forgot to add this the other day.

I got the ac/dc cut from haroborside as well. Isn't it supposed to be equal parts thc and cbd?
the acdc is testing at 1% thc and 20% thc on average...but I have not tested my cut or flowers yet. I will be in november or sooner though

How is your growing? Mine seems like a finicky ass so far

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

the acdc is testing at 1% thc and 20% thc on average...but I have not tested my cut or flowers yet. I will be in november or sooner though

How is your growing? Mine seems like a finicky ass so far
She's lanky....and kinda grows in spurts.

SunGrown

SunGrown

She's lanky....and kinda grows in spurts.
too late for me to edit my post, but yopu get that I meant 20% cbd...

She is lanky...and I can not figure out how she likes to be fed.

Strains like her make my mom room very difficult. @CelticEBE can you tell me what you are feeding yours and what medium they are in?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

too late for me to edit my post, but yopu get that I meant 20% cbd...

She is lanky...and I can not figure out how she likes to be fed.

Strains like her make my mom room very difficult. @CelticEBE can you tell me what you are feeding yours and what medium they are in?
I've got mine in a 60/40 coco/perlite mix. I've been feeding her veg+bloom along with everything else. She also gets a weekly tea with everyone else as well. I think where I see the spurts is when she actually fills out a container with roots and then she takes off. Root development is a bit slow on her though. Which would explain the lag whenever she gets a new pot. I haven't flowered her out yet. I'm gonna mother this one out and take a bunch of cuts from her and run some of those and give the others away.

I have a buddy who got Ringo's last breeding project. Ringo's Gift and Ringo's Joy. He's gonna get those cuts in my hand at some point and when I get them mothered out and take cuts I will set some aside for you.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I've got mine in a 60/40 coco/perlite mix. I've been feeding her veg+bloom along with everything else. She also gets a weekly tea with everyone else as well. I think where I see the spurts is when she actually fills out a container with roots and then she takes off. Root development is a bit slow on her though. Which would explain the lag whenever she gets a new pot. I haven't flowered her out yet. I'm gonna mother this one out and take a bunch of cuts from her and run some of those and give the others away.

I have a buddy who got Ringo's last breeding project. Ringo's Gift and Ringo's Joy. He's gonna get those cuts in my hand at some point and when I get them mothered out and take cuts I will set some aside for you.
Thanks homie

SunGrown

SunGrown

quick update to show some girls tops going into flower

Blackberry
blackberry.jpg

Dark Heart Diesel
diesel_dark_heart.jpg

And SFV OG, she has really recovered, as you can see
sfv.jpg

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Happy and frosty :)

that last one was a sick one? Nice work!

SunGrown

SunGrown

Happy and frosty :)

that last one was a sick one? Nice work!
it is just such a relief to walk thru and not be afraid to touch the plants now. Last week I wouldn't touch them unless I was cutting a tip sample or a leaf sample. It was sad then, now I can caress the crap out of them and not be worried!

Thanks for checkin in bro!

SunGrown

SunGrown

I had to run to town and so I stopped at the bridge and took a couple pics of our dry ass lake.

This is Lake Oroville. A very important reservoir of water for not only my area, but many people and farmers south of here.

This is the lowest she has been since 1977 iirc.

It is bad, I think all but one or two of the launches are now closed, they keep moving the trailer park of house boats to avoid all the earth popping up...

everywhere you see brown earth, it should be water

it's bad

lake.jpg

lake1.jpg

About the dam and lake from the lakes website:

"
Oroville Dam is an earthfill embankment dam on the Feather River east of the city of Oroville, California in the United States. At 770 feet (230 m) high, it is the tallest dam in the U.S. and serves mainly for water supply, hydroelectricity generation and flood control. The dam impounds Lake Oroville, the second largest man-made lake in the state of California, capable of storing more than 3.5 million acre-feet (4.4 km3), and is located in the Sierra Nevada foothills east of the Sacramento Valley.

Built by the California Department of Water Resources (DWR), Oroville Dam is one of the key features of the California State Water Project (SWP), one of two major projects passed that set up California's statewide water system. Construction was initiated in 1961, and despite numerous difficulties encountered during its construction including multiple floods as well as a major train wreck on the railroad line that was utilized for the transportation of materials to the dam site, the top main causeway reached completion in 1967 and the entire project was ready for use in 1968."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom