• Thread starter Ben Derdundat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Niiiiice

Ben, Those ladies a blowin up! Gonna get real interesting from here on out. :character0029::character0029::harvest:

berryhill

berryhill

Great thread man.....makes me not even wanna break mine out. lol

Alot of juice bro, no doubt, and it looks great! LOL Roll on with your bad self. :harvest:

C

Cannabear

love the pics man.. really impressive grow, well thought out.. i like your style

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Got some stomach ulcers here, thread is getting TOO SICK! Awesome plants! :icon_cookie:

G

Going4Green

Incredible setup you have here Ben, really appreciate you sharing it with all of us!
Plants are looking great keep up the hard work.
Will be watching!!

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

Amazing setup and update Ben... Looks like there's gonna be more piles of trimmed leaves in the next few weeks. BTW, I'm diggin' those cages... :cool

Thanks!
The pic of the pile of leaves that I posted is from one plant.... I forgot to mention that when I posted it.

I won't be pulling any more leaves unless they are lower on the plant and dieing. I have found my best results by stripping the plant once. I do this at about the mid point of week 2 of flower after the plants have gone through their initial stretch. If you strip the plant to soon, it will stretch to hard and become spindly and leggy. If you strip the plant to late, you will be removing parts of the plant that the plant has already invested a lot of energy into, some of which will be small flowers. The later the plant is into the flowering phase, the more the plants energy is focused on generative growth (flowering) instead of vegetative growth and it is a possibility that your yield will suffer a bit if you strip your plants to late. bd:big_boss:

its like if your real quiet, you can hear them grow

HaHaHa! Not sure if you can hear them but, if you stare at them long enough you can defiantly see them grow....:confused0059:

Hey Ben
Thanks for the great update and answer to my ducting question. I'm trying to design something similar, but am still debating about some considerations. It has been my understanding that it's most efficient to pull air through the hoods (at least with conventional inline fans).. but I've recently read that it's not good for such a fan to be dealing with high temperature air, and therefore it's better to orient fans to push through reflectors. Also for sealed room considerations, I've read that pushing instead of pulling will better preserve co2 levels, and therefore lessen the amount of burner time, a/c requirement, odor pulling through hoods, etc.
You seem to have a really well thought out and impressive design-- have you experimented with both fan configurations? Do you take precaution to double seal hoods, ducts, etc. to prevent the room air being pulled out?
thanks for your help!
Max

Thanks!
Your statement above is correct in regards to pushing air through an air cooled hood rater than pushing. It will greatly increase the life of your fan if you can avoid moving hot air through it. In regards to sealing my hoods and ducting, I do both. With my hoods I removed the original seal and installed one that is double the size of the original and with my ducting I use HVAC zip ties and tape specifically designed to be used with flex duct. Works for me! bd:cool0041:

sweet update plants are thriving..

Right on! Thanks!:afroweed:

Ben, Those ladies a blowin up! Gonna get real interesting from here on out. :character0029::character0029::harvest:

Thanks man!
They're really boosting now... The flower sites are setting in hard!:rock

Great thread man.....makes me not even wanna break mine out. lol

Alot of juice bro, no doubt, and it looks great! LOL Roll on with your bad self. :harvest:

Nice! Thanks!
Don't let me stop you... Post it up! lets see it!:joint:

love the pics man.. really impressive grow, well thought out.. i like your style

Thanks!
Devil is in the details!:devil

Got some stomach ulcers here, thread is getting TOO SICK! Awesome plants! :icon_cookie:

HaHa! Thanks!
Your thread is really interesting. Curious to see how the flip flop works out for you. Clean room too! looks great!:yes

nice job pulling those leaves cant wait to see week 6

You and I both brother! ;)

Incredible setup you have here Ben, really appreciate you sharing it with all of us!
Plants are looking great keep up the hard work.
Will be watching!!

Right on! No problem. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Things are really taking off! Stay tuned....:character0113:

HG23

HG23

Hey Ben,

Everything is lookin sick!! I can't wait to see the next round of pics with bud sites forming. Looking back through the thread, can you explain a little bit more about your chiller setup and modified cool coils? It looks like you have multiple levels in your operation (I mean an upstairs and a downstairs), do you work some kind of manifold or reservoir of chilled h2o to feed everything? The pics probably show it, but I can't quite put it together. I really like the cooling coils as opposed to a dedicated chiller for each system as it makes it easy to branch off for other accessories like burners. How have you modified your cch2o coils, and do you think it might be benificial to make your own with more turns to allow more surface area? I noticed in Jack's new thread he is using a 1 hp chiller per system just to cool the UC's...maybe it would be more efficient to use cooling coils and water cooled co2 to alleviate some work the a/c has to do.

C

captaindank

Hey Ben,

Great setup man! Been looking into cch2o for some time now, this thread def answers a lot of questions.

One question, what would you notice from a copper leach into your res water? I am currently using a chiller to run my H20 cooled CO2 generators (as HG23 mentioned, they are way worth the effort, especially cuz you have a huge chiller that's waiting for some more work!) and i've made a cold water return line that goes through my res to utilize the chiller to fullest extent....so now i'm wondering if a weird yellowing i'm starting to see may be due to the copper toxicity. What materials did you use for your indiv. chiller loops? is that stainless coil? aluminum coil? where did you happen to find those materials? thanks and big pat on the back for all the hard work!!! :free-character-smil

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

Hey Ben,

Everything is lookin sick!! I can't wait to see the next round of pics with bud sites forming. Looking back through the thread, can you explain a little bit more about your chiller setup and modified cool coils? It looks like you have multiple levels in your operation (I mean an upstairs and a downstairs), do you work some kind of manifold or reservoir of chilled h2o to feed everything? The pics probably show it, but I can't quite put it together. I really like the cooling coils as opposed to a dedicated chiller for each system as it makes it easy to branch off for other accessories like burners. How have you modified your cch2o coils, and do you think it might be benificial to make your own with more turns to allow more surface area? I noticed in Jack's new thread he is using a 1 hp chiller per system just to cool the UC's...maybe it would be more efficient to use cooling coils and water cooled co2 to alleviate some work the a/c has to do.

Thanks man!
The Cool Coils work great. They are very efficient. Hydro Innovations makes them and they are made from stainless steel. All I did was have Hydro Innovations add more material to the ends of the Cool Coils and make a 90 degree bend at the bottom so that the ends exit out of the top of the epicenter on the Under Current. As for putting more "turns" in the Cool Coil, This was something I discussed with Hydro Innovations and after some research it was determined that the amount of "turns" that they have now is more then sufficient for the amount of water being cooled. Hydro Innovations now offers these Cool Coils for either the 8 or 13 gallon Under Currents. Be sure to tell them Ben Sent you...

In regards to the chiller set up, It is a Chill King chiller that is also from Hydro Innovations. It is their 2HP Self contained unit. What this specific unit consists of is a 2hp chiller with a 15 gallon stainless steel reservoir and a 1/2HP Flotec pump. The chiller is plumbed to a supply and return manifold with the Cool Coils completing the loop (The blue end is the supply and the red end is the return).

Here are some pictures...bd:pimp:

VegFlwr Rooms 133

Inside of chiller
VegFlwr Rooms 177

Cool Coil Installation
Veg Room 020

Veg Room 021

Veg Room 011

Veg Room 010

Veg Room 024

Veg Room 033

Veg Room 038

Hey Ben,

Great setup man! Been looking into cch2o for some time now, this thread def answers a lot of questions.

One question, what would you notice from a copper leach into your res water? I am currently using a chiller to run my H20 cooled CO2 generators (as HG23 mentioned, they are way worth the effort, especially cuz you have a huge chiller that's waiting for some more work!) and i've made a cold water return line that goes through my res to utilize the chiller to fullest extent....so now i'm wondering if a weird yellowing i'm starting to see may be due to the copper toxicity. What materials did you use for your indiv. chiller loops? is that stainless coil? aluminum coil? where did you happen to find those materials? thanks and big pat on the back for all the hard work!!! :free-character-smil

Thanks!
Sound like the copper is leaching into your reservoir. I would remove it as quickly as possible. The Cool Coils are stainless steel and I got them from Hydro Innovations. bd:pimp:

D

dagobaker

looking killer
its nice having the $$$$$ to create the perfect envoirment

C

captaindank

Thanks for the reply Ben,

yes i've done some research on this and it looks like copper toxicity causes iron chlorosis, which is exactly the problem i am having! Phew, this one was really bugging me!!! Thank you for mentioning this in brief!

I just hope my buds don't taste like pennies!!!

C

Casper

nice room! where did you find those res's? what r the specs on them(size,capacity,price,and the stands purchased or made)?

Ben posted a link in this thread that answers your questions.

V

ViridisPietas

Been following this thread. Here is my room. Ask ?'s

My flower room. Shit-a pic but you get the idea. a/c cools the ducted lights. Ballasts hang from ceiling and have a register blowing ac on them...

I run Aqua Flakes so I found this thread very helpful.

IMG 2363
Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

looking killer
its nice having the $$$$$ to create the perfect envoirment

Thanks.
You are right. It is nice to be able to afford and have the knowledge to put together a properly environmentally controlled room. The design and build were all done by myself, of course I did have a little help from my friends. Having the proper environment is the best thing you can do for your plants. bd:big_boss:

Thanks for the reply Ben,

yes i've done some research on this and it looks like copper toxicity causes iron chlorosis, which is exactly the problem i am having! Phew, this one was really bugging me!!! Thank you for mentioning this in brief!

I just hope my buds don't taste like pennies!!!

HaHaHa!
Sounds like you caught it just in time!

Ben posted a link in this thread that answers your questions.

Right on Casper. Thanks. bd:cool

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

Update

I ran into the House & Garden rep. at the store I shop at and after talking with him for a while he took me out to his car and gave me a couple bottles of this...

VegFlwr Rooms 290
Williams Works. It came in bottles labeled as foliar spray but, he assured me it was not what it seemed.... He told me that it is not available for sale in the U.S. but is supposed to be available in the fall of this year.

From what I was able to get from the rep. is that Williams works divides the cells of the plant in two and makes them in to a polygon shape of sorts. What this does, is make the cells stronger and the plant able to uptake more nutrients thus making the plant grow faster... I'm not quite sure exactly. The stuff seems to work though...

Here are some pics... You be the judge. bd:evilgrin0013:

Day 14

VegFlwr Rooms 280

VegFlwr Rooms 282

VegFlwr Rooms 284

VegFlwr Rooms 286

Day 16

VegFlwr Rooms 269

VegFlwr Rooms 268

Day18

VegFlwr Rooms 273

VegFlwr Rooms 274

VegFlwr Rooms 276

VegFlwr Rooms 277

VegFlwr Rooms 270

VegFlwr Rooms 271

Day 20

VegFlwr Rooms 288

VegFlwr Rooms 298

VegFlwr Rooms 296

VegFlwr Rooms 298

VegFlwr Rooms 299

VegFlwr Rooms 297

VegFlwr Rooms 292

VegFlwr Rooms 293

VegFlwr Rooms 295

VegFlwr Rooms 289
B

biggs

dam. those plants are killing it. looks like the williams works. works, lol. they going to be bigger than a mo fo soon. fair play. i love h&g nutes, seriously kick ass.

Top Bottom