House & Garden ???????

• Thread starter Joe Blow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Joe Blow

Currently using H&G on a 4x4 ebb and flow set up. Used the entire line for this first run with these nutes. Now I'm wondering if I can work something like Gravity and Purple Max into this. What would I have to take out if anything at all? Are the H&G boosters like Shooting Powder, Bud XL, and Top Booster better than the Gravity?

G

GroHi

Usually it takes me 3 crops before I get the feel for any new product... learning the quirks, ya know? So, would think you should run out the H&G a couple more times to get a fair compare & contrast...

With that said, used the H&G line for 2 years, though didn't incorporate all of it. Most additives are bunk, or marginal at best. A solid foundation nute program w a basic booster is all you really need. For these, I think of Koolbloom, Big Bud, Bloombastic, or the like. They are much easier to run & dial in vs the H&G line, which quite frankly, is an advanced schedule that needs to be tailored to individual plants.

Gravity & PMax were borrowed from the commercial ag industry, if I recall properly... plant growth hormones. I've used their entire line (bushmaster) & found them tricky. The PMax had an odd effect to my forehead as well... I know, I know, sounds bogus, but only thing I could find that was different in my routine. PMax actually ran easy, the BM & Gravity were touchy. Haven't touched them in a few years. Just my opinions. Peace.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
In my opinion House and Garden is the best nutrient line I've ever used. It's hard to find a nutrient that gives both great yeild and flavor, H&G delievers! I don't use the shooting powder though!

G

GroHi

rs, I agree... the Aqua ran wonderful for me. I've gone back to the Flora just to see the differences as it has been a 2 year run. Mostly my concern is w the shooting powder & top booster, as timing is a big factor. Peace, not treading on H&G as really ran well for me.

J

Jalisco Kid

H&G takes a lot of N into flowering. Some girls do not care for that. JK

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Why? Gravity is sea kelp, so what does that do for ya? and to me Purple Maxx is just silly, took lessons from AN...lol

Just follow the chart, I got 3.25lbs from 9sq.ft. and 1200w, my guess is that your results will go down or even be catostrophic if ya don't watch out.

I am runnin H&G right now and it is kickin ass and takin names as always.

Tex

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Currently using H&G on a 4x4 ebb and flow set up. Used the entire line for this first run with these nutes. Now I'm wondering if I can work something like Gravity and Purple Max into this. What would I have to take out if anything at all? Are the H&G boosters like Shooting Powder, Bud XL, and Top Booster better than the Gravity?

i use H/G aqua flakes with all there stuff even magic green and i used AN whole line too, and i can say no diff except $$$ and H/G NO SALT BUILD UP my stems look like straws with no flush!!! taste great and that shooting powder really works good A++!!!ps not messy either:banana1sv6::banana1sv6::banana1sv6:

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm using the whole line with great results! Their roots excellerator is the best imho

S

Smokin

Ordered full H&G line up earlier today and feeling just a little edgy bout the cost + factoring until running on to this thread a few minutes ago... feel much better now...

J

Joe Blow

Thx for the responses. I'll just stick to the formula.

Smokin why do you say it was expensive? I just bought the entire line-up for a 100gal rez on a 10 week cycle. It cost me just under $700. That's for 1000 gallons of mix plus I should have some left over. If you want to see a truely expensive nutrient line on that scale price out botanicare or even better advanced nutrients. You can expect that $700 to easily double.

H

HighTolerance

i use H/G aqua flakes with all there stuff even magic green and i used AN whole line too, and i can say no diff except $$$ and H/G NO SALT BUILD UP my stems look like straws with no flush!!! taste great and that shooting powder really works good A++!!!ps not messy either:banana1sv6::banana1sv6::banana1sv6:

Would you say it won't be neccessary for a reservoir change until turned back and then keep the same reservoir till harvest just top and add more nutes.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Would you say it won't be neccessary for a reservoir change until turned back and then keep the same reservoir till harvest just top and add more nutes.

Bro i read someone had done that before but i dont i still change weekly plus every other week got put something different in the water. hope that helps peace:damnhippie:

T

The Geneticist

all you need is just the Van De Swan line

dont use whack ass humboldts own products. Gravity, bushmaster all that straight up sucks and can herm your shit out brohter.

VDZ lines are supposed to be used in conjunction with each other. Use them all accordingly, you should have the prime fire. Those are the purest nutrients available in chem form. They are the best, not as concentrated as i would like it to be, though it works very very well in water culture. Hope that helps. I was amongst the first to test their products and my bro was amongst the first to stock them here in america before they blew up. I have had great experiecne with them.

G

G

GroHi

TG~ question for you... w the shooting powder & top booster... aren't these a little tricky to dial in across varying strains? I didn't find uniform acceptance across my lines... just seemed that after two runs, the bloombastic performed just as well & easier...?

S

Smokin

Smokin why do you say it was expensive? I just bought the entire line-up for a 100gal rez on a 10 week cycle. It cost me just under $700. That's for 1000 gallons of mix plus I should have some left over. If you want to see a truely expensive nutrient line on that scale price out botanicare or even better advanced nutrients. You can expect that $700 to easily double.

You're right Joe Blow. I'm pretty new at this and first time you lay out the bucks... it's a little breath taking. Maybe once we see some benefits! Anyway... sorry if offended.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
all you need is just the Van De Swan line

dont use whack ass humboldts own products. Gravity, bushmaster all that straight up sucks and can herm your shit out brohter.

VDZ lines are supposed to be used in conjunction with each other. Use them all accordingly, you should have the prime fire. Those are the purest nutrients available in chem form. They are the best, not as concentrated as i would like it to be, though it works very very well in water culture. Hope that helps. I was amongst the first to test their products and my bro was amongst the first to stock them here in america before they blew up. I have had great experiecne with them.

G

thats all i use and alittle great white and cal/mag with r/o water and KILLER NUGZ everytime!!!:bong-hits:

T

The Geneticist

great white is the shit. Van de swan line up is all you will ever need to get fake looking movie prop nugz

T

The Geneticist

the only thing is, you have to double up on the nutes you buy if you are running things like candy kush and og's. They line is not as concentrated as id like them to be, but they are some of the purest rawest nutrients available.

F

frogeye

supposedly the cheapest go to hg website and it gives a breakdown side by side for a couple diff nute companies and what it costs to run each for an entire cycle i just recently made the switch to early to give my 2 cents on quality but so far so good... happy huntin:character0110:

Top Bottom