House & Garden ???????

• Thread starter Joe Blow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thumpnasty

i use h and g and add 5 ml of cal mag . i have been using it for 5 years. currently i am in coco and i love it. i have used aqua and soil h and g as well. all great products.

B

barneyfife

think i may give it a run then as soon as my adv. nutes run out.
i did get the roots exc. and drip clean both great products.

T

Tony

Whats up guies. If any one could answer is H&G better than ADVANCED NUTS.If so could give the details.wanted to choose one of the two but know one has really told me the pros and cons of the too.Or does the mix an match work really well. wanted to stick to one to learn the products.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Whats up guies. If any one could answer is H&G better than ADVANCED NUTS.If so could give the details.wanted to choose one of the two but know one has really told me the pros and cons of the too.Or does the mix an match work really well. wanted to stick to one to learn the products.

AN is way over-rated in my opinion. I think canna is great and very simple without too many additives. Folks seem to get good results with H&G too, would go with them over AN.

JB

T

thumpnasty

i use the whole coco h&g line and add a 3-10ml of cal mag per gallon and it works great for me!!!!!i've been using h&g in one form or the other for years and i love it.

K

Kush321

AN changes there formulas way too often. although some of there products are good. I like overdrive by AN going to try bud candy this time too. But Im afraid if it works nicely, net time I go to get more. It doesnt exist or formula changed. This happened to Big Bud. I like consistency. H and G seems to be clean too. And a pretty stable ph in my garden

deacon1503

deacon1503

For flushing the reccommended 2-3 days after a grow with H&G, do you flush with straight r/o?

T

Thallamus

Ive ran the complete Canna line for 4 grows and wasn't completely happy. The nutes were easy to use and the results were good but I want more:) I started running Bud Blood, Big bud, MOAB and sweet on top of the Canna. There was more girth and more weight. the girls were much better, but still there was room for more:) Right now I am concentrating on the rhizosphere, so I wanna use the Root Xcl and then I want to try the ZEN, shooting powder and some carbs, i havnt decided on that one yet.
Will keep u posted:)

-T

N

nickcapuano

i use the whole coco h&g line and add a 3-10ml of cal mag per gallon and it works great for me!!!!!i've been using h&g in one form or the other for years and i love it.

are you using tap water or R/O? i started using H&G and im getting a Mg deficiency. i am using tap water and was thinking of trying 5ml/gal calmag. did you use calmag from the beginning or had a deficiency then had to add it?

S

steelyeyes

are you using tap water or R/O? i started using H&G and im getting a Mg deficiency. i am using tap water and was thinking of trying 5ml/gal calmag. did you use calmag from the beginning or had a deficiency then had to add it?

The first time sure. After than I did that thing called learning and adapted to what I picked up the first time. I've run 5 ml/gal of cal mag since and have had no further problems like that.

Flushing works fine with plain old water. IMHO RO water is overkill unless you think you need it to remove chlorine or something (and can't find a less wastefull way) I run a two hour, 15 min. on, 15 off cycle of water and drip clear or clear X and water at a heavy dose and then drain that and fill with plain old well water (in my case) and run that for two solid 24 hour days.During my grow I use 25 ml. for 50 gal. of drip clear or clear X every week to keep salt buildup on my rocks to a minium. I run straight hydroton, no rockwool or other absorbtive material in my buckets. I might do one more day on the flush in the dark or shut the water off 12 hours into that dark period to scare the girls (in theory) into a last burst of resin production and then chop them when they've been dry for at least a few hours to help the drying process.

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

Look mang if you run H&G to the letter and then fine tune I guarantee that you will have cannabis cup contenders (genetics pending).

That doesn’t mean H&G base then a little of this and a little of that. Run it exactly and don’t forget the great white as recommended by H&G. I run coco and soil Base nutes plus all additives as they recommend. Results are way beyond 90% of the crap out there. You will be on top of the world once dialed in. 20 years in the game and every and I mean every nutrient company I have used many a time. H&G arguably the best nutrient line in the world at this point in time. You will need 3-4 runs to get it just right. But what I can tell you is that each and every time you run H&G you will surpass your last grow in every aspect and not even know what the hell you did different. Keep a record/journal of every grow, and record at every tank change. This is the only way you will better yourself and keep yourself honest and improving. Play on…

H&G for the win!!!!!!!!!!1

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

oh and for the record H&G shooting powder is barnone in a category by itself. Costly but worth every penny. Tested vs Big bud,bloombastic,moab,pure flowers, koolbloom and a few others. NONE are in the ballpark P.E.R.I.O.D.!!

Yeah I said it:evilgrin0031:

I

ibTheMan

A H&G rep said that no matter what kinda medium you use Aqua Flakes are best, for dirt, coco, hydro. ive never run it but thats what i was told.

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

I can tell you that I have run identical plants under soil and coco. H&G coco a&b and soil a&B and the cool thing is all the additives are interchangeable so whether you run coco,soil,or aqua as a base all your additives are the same. Flavors are exceptional on both but I would have to say the soil is a silkier smoke and a bit more robust. The coco girls avg 20% more weight than the soil. This is why I run both the best of both worlds.

H&G is a secret weapon for many growers out there, and so easy a caveman could do it

P

PuraVida305

does anyone see a problem with switching from advanced nutes for veg to h&g for flower or will that put stress on em. im debating switching or sticking with an throughout and jumping to h&g next batch. im running an sensi a and b with sensizym pirahna tarantula and carboload for veg and im thinking about running the h&g lineup when i flip em. anyone know of any problems i may incur by doing this. im running the uc rdwc.

I don't think you will have a prob... i run AN MGB in veg then switch over to aqua for bloom and a few other AN and other products mixed in... IMO the treez like the MGB better in veg... if i try and run aqua my girls start to yellow.

S

steelyeyes

Look mang if you run H&G to the letter and then fine tune I guarantee that you will have cannabis cup contenders (genetics pending).

That doesn’t mean H&G base then a little of this and a little of that. Run it exactly and don’t forget the great white as recommended by H&G. I run coco and soil Base nutes plus all additives as they recommend. Results are way beyond 90% of the crap out there. You will be on top of the world once dialed in. 20 years in the game and every and I mean every nutrient company I have used many a time. H&G arguably the best nutrient line in the world at this point in time. You will need 3-4 runs to get it just right. But what I can tell you is that each and every time you run H&G you will surpass your last grow in every aspect and not even know what the hell you did different. Keep a record/journal of every grow, and record at every tank change. This is the only way you will better yourself and keep yourself honest and improving. Play on…

H&G for the win!!!!!!!!!!1

I add Great White too. The only thing I'm not super religious about is Magic Green but each crop gets a couple of sprays with it. Algen sure greens the girls up, makes the leaves look like dark green velvet, no spots or anything.

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

Velvet green ahh yes, when all your plants look like glossy fake plants you know you are on point. And yeah I'm not super religious on the magic green either, they probably get it 3x in there whole life. It's just to easy

C

CaptainObvious

i'm really confused fellas help me out.

i've read countless times that these nutes run hot and their schedule will have you burning yoru shit up. now here people are saying it is not that concentrated.

ARE ALL OF YOU FOLLOWING THE NUTE SCHEDULE PROVIDED BY H&G? WHAT ARE YOUR MAX PPMS?​

i was planning on running this and my plan was to mix up 1 gal per recommendations at each schedule change and check the ppm. then i would reduce the schedule as needed to get ppms down to where i felt was safe. that is way more work then i want to do but i was willing to do it to get the line i want without burning my girls.

also,

is everyone running great white at their recommended strength? if i do it will cost me over $100 this run to run that stuff! i was thinking about running 1/2 strength. I'm in a 50 gal res with a flush every 7 days.

Hey X, so as far as nutes go, ppm/EC should be directly proportional to volume of solution. So 500 ppm in 1 gal = 1000 per 1/2 gal, etc...so when mixing nutes you can do the same calc. I'm running botanicare right now for example, and 10 ml per gallon adds about 550 ppm to my water... So 12 ml/gal would give me 660, 14 ml would give 770, and so on. The formula is the basis for a lot of old school chemistry: concentration1 x volume1 = c2 x v2. You can also use ratios...10/12 = 550/X, where X would be 660 ppm.

Anyway, the point is, you only have to mix one bucket one time, then from there you should be able to calculate all the ppm's on a feed chart. Or do it reverse...calculate the volumes of stock solution for your desired ppms.

For whoever is interested, pH does not work the same way! Especially with buffers...the titration curves become logarithmic, so the volume added is not proportional to the amount of free protons that come to equilibrium in solution. IN other words, it takes more pH down to lower a solution from 6 to 5 than from 7 to 6. In addition, ppms will affect the buffering as well.

:hi

D

dynamitejack

I don't think you will have a prob... i run AN MGB in veg then switch over to aqua for bloom and a few other AN and other products mixed in... IMO the treez like the MGB better in veg... if i try and run aqua my girls start to yellow.

Did you try increasing Aqua Flakes A&B levels you were feeding to your trees?

Top Bottom