House & Garden ???????

• Thread starter Joe Blow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Any one ever run H&G side by side with Canna Aqua? I been getting good results with the canna aqua, but if i ever switched would probably be to H&G. Also, as has been said, the HG roots excelerator is the bomb.

Seems like Canna does not have a late flower nute supplement like some of those mentioned here. Dont think Boost is the same, although i do think Canna Boost is the bomb.

D

DocMicron

In my 2 years of experience with H&G you can use 1/2 the shooting powder they suggest to play it safe but still see substantial weight increase.

The other thing I have noticed is they are lacking on sugar, something like Sugar Daddy, Bud Candy or the like really adds to what they can do.

Don't forget the Great white Mic. from Plant success, immediately noticeable improve in overall plant health once I apply it.

G

Green Escape

does anyone see a problem with switching from advanced nutes for veg to h&g for flower or will that put stress on em. im debating switching or sticking with an throughout and jumping to h&g next batch. im running an sensi a and b with sensizym pirahna tarantula and carboload for veg and im thinking about running the h&g lineup when i flip em. anyone know of any problems i may incur by doing this. im running the uc rdwc.

X

Xceptional

i'm really confused fellas help me out.

i've read countless times that these nutes run hot and their schedule will have you burning yoru shit up. now here people are saying it is not that concentrated.

ARE ALL OF YOU FOLLOWING THE NUTE SCHEDULE PROVIDED BY H&G? WHAT ARE YOUR MAX PPMS?​

i was planning on running this and my plan was to mix up 1 gal per recommendations at each schedule change and check the ppm. then i would reduce the schedule as needed to get ppms down to where i felt was safe. that is way more work then i want to do but i was willing to do it to get the line i want without burning my girls.

also,

is everyone running great white at their recommended strength? if i do it will cost me over $100 this run to run that stuff! i was thinking about running 1/2 strength. I'm in a 50 gal res with a flush every 7 days.

K

Kush321

does anyone see a problem with switching from advanced nutes for veg to h&g for flower or will that put stress on em. im debating switching or sticking with an throughout and jumping to h&g next batch. im running an sensi a and b with sensizym pirahna tarantula and carboload for veg and im thinking about running the h&g lineup when i flip em. anyone know of any problems i may incur by doing this. im running the uc rdwc.

I run GH in my veg stage along with roots excel. Flush with ro water for a couple days before flip. Then go H&G. Never skip roots excel.

K

keed1

i love House and Garden, ever since i got the sample pack from the San Fran grow show like 3-4 years ago. Local hydro shop had it for like half price compared to everywhere else but they cut him off b/c they found out he was selling it so cheap. sucks to pay more for it now, but its worth it. just wish the shooting powder was a bit cheaper, but it definitely adds weight to your harvest.

L

Loudblunts

Any one ever run H&G side by side with Canna Aqua? I been getting good results with the canna aqua, but if i ever switched would probably be to H&G. Also, as has been said, the HG roots excelerator is the bomb.

Seems like Canna does not have a late flower nute supplement like some of those mentioned here. Dont think Boost is the same, although i do think Canna Boost is the bomb.

i used to be a canna man....hahaha not anymore

and yes canna has a flower nute.

pk 13/14 is canna's equivalent to shooting powder which is a flowering booster

and their canna boost is the equivalent to top booster which is a flowering stimulator

i generally like h&g better...however dont get me wrong...canna is still a good nute...

however i made the switch cuz im anal...and i hate nute salt buildup/residue

i barely clean anymore. work smarter, not harder

L

Loudblunts

i'm really confused fellas help me out.

i've read countless times that these nutes run hot and their schedule will have you burning yoru shit up. now here people are saying it is not that concentrated.

ARE ALL OF YOU FOLLOWING THE NUTE SCHEDULE PROVIDED BY H&G? WHAT ARE YOUR MAX PPMS?​

i was planning on running this and my plan was to mix up 1 gal per recommendations at each schedule change and check the ppm. then i would reduce the schedule as needed to get ppms down to where i felt was safe. that is way more work then i want to do but i was willing to do it to get the line i want without burning my girls.

also,

is everyone running great white at their recommended strength? if i do it will cost me over $100 this run to run that stuff! i was thinking about running 1/2 strength. I'm in a 50 gal res with a flush every 7 days.

hot? burn yer shit up? bwahaha if that aint a load of crap.

my plants have never looked so healthier with such a LOWER EC. i mean sure the stuff is uber concentrated...but that is why you follow the chart or freestyle off the instructions on the back. i mean as long as you dont try to be albert einstein and try to reinvent the wheel.... aka....pouring you nutes in based off your meter thinking that 2.4 EC is too low...when infact you dont even see over 2.4 EC with the feed chart.

people BURN their plants because they try to JACK up the EC/PPM because they are used to watered down crap nutrients

:D

yer in a whole new ball game fucking h & g...some premium gourmet nutes, ill say

as far as your tangent thas boldfaced hehe :rofl ... ill just tell you to follow the feed chart h**p://www.house-garden.us/PrinterFriendly/index.html

and i dont use PPM, i use EC....you should learn it :D
(here's why: h**p://www.getbluelab.com/Support/Understanding+what+ppm+scale+to+use.html )

but average EC is around 1.0-1.2EC and around 1.4-1.6EC when you add the flowering booster aka shooting powder

yes i run great white at its recommended strength...however im not sure if im gonna continue to run it...i switched over to h&g to have a cleaner rez and no nute salt buildup...with this great white shit...it just makes my reservoirs gritty. Like it doesnt fully dissolve...not even in warmer water... But im not sure if imma 86 it off the buying list yet.... i kinda like playing with bacteria :rofl:anim_52: just kidding haha

p.s. Quoting you..... if you DO this...

you are ASKING prolly even BEGGING to get a nutrient deficiency :rofl

dont do it..and just stick to the plan... if you do say knock off dosage...try to do it by single numbers i.e. when you plug 20 gallons into that chart and it calls for 258.5 mL per gallon....and your measuring cup only goes up to 245/250 or something like that...then knocking it down to 250 mL is fine no problems.... and the same applies to the contrary....if it tells me to put 258.5mL in and my measuring cup is 260mL....you really think im worried about those extra 1.5 mL? yea fucking right...lol i push the fuck it button and be on about my day

hope this helps

oh yea... and p.s.s.

they say a picture is worth a thousand bucks, eh?

well here's 2 grand for that ass

http://i237.invalid.com/albums/ff285/420630/7f27026c.jpg

http://i237.invalid.com/albums/ff285/420630/1141805a.jpg

L

Loudblunts

supposedly the cheapest go to hg website and it gives a breakdown side by side for a couple diff nute companies and what it costs to run each for an entire cycle i just recently made the switch to early to give my 2 cents on quality but so far so good... happy huntin:character0110:

you mean this? :tongue0011:

i downloaded when their site was acting stupid!!!!!
(i hate knowing info is out there and then i cant find it cuz of an offline server or some fuck up...so i download random shit now)

View attachment PricePerRun_Worksheet_08.pdf
K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Is ne one running the soil line up? If so how are the results?
Looks like everyones str8 hydro.

M

mets21

LOUD blunts, thanks for the link to that comparison chart...great info. it will match up perfectly with my 50 gal res for ten weeks

N

noone88

H&G only uses Multizyme for 3 weeks. Almost all other companies use their -zyme products from day one until they start flushing, so it does skew the numbers a bit. H&G doesn't include Algen in their chart either. I prefer some of H&G's products because they are concentrated which means less carrying and disposing of 6 gallon containers.

It's an interesting comparison though. I think most of the people doing rwdc are sticking to the bare minimum nutes with their preferred bloom enhancer combos.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I am running the full H&G line in my UC. I am also going to foliar with the Magic Greenas instructed. I was thinking, based on another current thread, that maybe adding some Algen Extract (kelp) to the Magic Green might be beneficial?

Any thoughts?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Take out the House and Garbage

Haven't met a person who's used both Canna & House and Garbage and didn't end up switching to Canna. H&G works but the fruit quality pails in comparison IMO....plenty oily and heavy but hard on the tonsils if you know what I mean. cough, cough:stonedsmilie:

Algen and Roots Excel are the exceptions to the above statement...quality products that Canna has no answer for.

devious d

devious d

H and g vs canna

Have grown with various nutes over the years but in a side by side grow of JACK THE RIPPER in a 20 pot flood and drain, could not tell the differance in yeild taste, and with h&g you use the same a and b all the way through the grow so the additives have to be used alongside each other, without changing the res till the flush pulled 8-10 oz:mad0233: a plant with ten day veg in 25ltr pots with flood and drain called the producer. using canna pulled between 4-8 per plant plus had top change res more often more waste, but as a uk grower love them both:rasta:

B

barneyfife

looks like most of ya are running hydro.
anyone run H&G in promix or sunshinemix and hows your results?
2 grow stores near me now carry H&G line and was considering giving it a go.one is also going to have canna in about a week so i need to make up my mind between the 2.

devious d

devious d

hi mate there great in hydro but in organic i go back to canna bio, and bio boost, but thats the uk we dont get alot of the nutes i hear of on hear, just dutch , canadian, uk no humbolt nutes ,

Latest posts

Top Bottom