How Am I Doin?

• Thread starter Sht2loud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sht2loud

Sht2loud

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and just wanted to get some opinions on how I'm doin. i have a small indoor set up going and have had going for about a year. I started with some lights I got for free they aren't much but I have a 75watt HPS and a 125watt CFL grow light. I had some seed from some good stuff and long story short I had one female and I've grow and budded 2 time and I'm close to cropping the third batch off of it soon. I'm curious on how long i should let them go?
How am i doin
How am i doin 2
How am i doin 3
How am i doin 4
How am i doin 5
How am i doin 6
How am i doin 7
How am i doin 8
How am i doin 9
How am i doin 10
How am i doin 11
How am i doin 12
How am i doin 13
How am i doin 14
How am i doin 15
How am i doin 16
How am i doin 17
How am i doin 18
How am i doin 19
How am i doin 20

The last few pics are from yesterday. Let me know wat you guys think.

ballbeanking

ballbeanking

Lookin good bro...spray for those mites during veg . Some spray the first couple weeks into flower also just as a preventative cause you won't see them till there's many.. then they won't have time to do much harm.. imo better to smoke a few dead mites then a pesticide.. don't use anything systemic. Even if it says use until harvest it will cost flavor not to mention it will be bad for you to consume. .hang em upside down. The mites will go up the stalk.. peace man.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hello Sht2loud, To answer your main question on when to harvest is a matter of personal opinion based on a strain. It's hard to even help you with no time frame in bloom, and even an idea of what you are growing. They look very confined starving for more light, and in the need for better air flow in my opinion. More Information Please!:)

Sht2loud

Sht2loud

Hello Sht2loud, To answer your main question on when to harvest is a matter of personal opinion based on a strain. It's hard to even help you with no time frame in bloom, and even an idea of what you are growing. They look very confined starving for more light, and in the need for better air flow in my opinion. More Information Please!:)
It is 7 weeks and 3 days into flower. As far as wat strain it is I honestly do not know. I'd say it's some kind of lemon but that's just a guess. I know that I need better light and bigger fan, but when I set it up I just used stuffi had already cause I didn't want to dump a lot of money into it right off the bat. Wanted to see wat I could do with wat I had. I plan on upgrading to a 400watt hps/mh light sometime in the near future.

Orcaman

Orcaman

I have to say that I started with home depot lighting at first using security hps lights and high wattage cfl's. I like that you a thinking progression in the way you grow. First thing that I would do finishing these is defoliate almost all of her fan leaves. Start with the worst looking and then take the most purple stemmed that are blocking light from lower bud sights. This will really help finish all of the buds on the plant. From the looks of her leaf shape it looks like you have a pretty basic mix meaning she is probably a 55 to 65 day plant. At this time I would suggest going to water only to finish her. Then start watching for color change in the remaining leaves. This will let you know she is ripe and ready for taking.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Lookin good bro...spray for those mites during veg . Some spray the first couple weeks into flower also just as a preventative cause you won't see them till there's many.. then they won't have time to do much harm.. imo better to smoke a few dead mites then a pesticide.. don't use anything systemic. Even if it says use until harvest it will cost flavor not to mention it will be bad for you to consume. .hang em upside down. The mites will go up the stalk.. peace man.

Yo bro what classifies as systemic. Is sm90?

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Does anyone here yeild a gram per watt?

This is what I've heard.
The plants caloric consumption (ppm)shouldn't exceed the exercise(watt)
And a good grower can yield 1 gram per watt.

Ex. 500ppm fed to plant under 600 watt hps. Good
700ppm fed to plant under 600 watt hps. Bad.

What do u guys get for you lights?

ballbeanking

ballbeanking

I try to stay organic and best I've done is 1.5 per 1k.. you ever watch sub lbc on youtube he talks a lot about it..says grams per kilowatts is a better measurement. .veg and flower combined. . Don't always hit the 1.5 either..interested to see what others are pulling. .

ballbeanking

ballbeanking

Yo bro what classifies as systemic. Is sm90?
Ass bandit that's a good question. ..I've heard it so many times and never really gave it much thought. .from what I've found its the difference between being on the plant or in the plant. But it isn't that clear cut..refers to it's solubility in water. Water soluble things can be more easily absorbed into the plant.. hopefully someone with more knowledge could elaborate. ..as for sm 90 I don't know. .

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Thanks, sm-90 is a mix of 3 oils and smells like citrus. Berry pleasant and I've heard that it visibly increases root nite up take, great for fungus nats, and revered too as SpiderMite-90. So far in my use of the stuff I spray it on my soil or hydrotin and the nats deffer

Orcaman

Orcaman

Great input guys, I didn't want to panic Sht2loud but in the 11th image I see a web and what looks like a mite on the web. I've been lucky with very little mite or nat issues. I use Azamax from General Hydroponics , It is an all-natural, OMRI certified broad spectrum pest control product that can be applied systemically or as a foliar spray. I can be applied right up to harvest. Great tip ballbeanking chasing the varmint's out of the buds at harvest because mites like to be at the highest point on the plant.

This is what I've heard.

I have never calculated a plants yield that way. Space has always controlled my yield. At this time a plant and pot cannot exceed 40 inches in height with space enough for 9 plants max. Based on strain I consistently get one to two ounces a plant. I grow perpetually and only harvest one plant at a time. Here is a current image of my small cellar bloom area. I use a basic wing fixture with a Hortilux bulb and Super Spreader light diffuser. My ballast is a Lumatek 600 watt dimmable. It can be set for either 400 watt or 600 watt. Plus a Super Lumen setting on 600. I only use that setting when it close to replacing the bulb.
DSCN0425

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

This is what I've heard.

Man the closest ive been is .7 g per watt under a 600w hps and dwc, in a 4x4 tent

Sht2loud

Sht2loud

I have to say that I started with home depot lighting at first using security hps lights and high wattage cfl's. I like that you a thinking progression in the way you grow. First thing that I would do finishing these is defoliate almost all of her fan leaves. Start with the worst looking and then take the most purple stemmed that are blocking light from lower bud sights. This will really help finish all of the buds on the plant. From the looks of her leaf shape it looks like you have a pretty basic mix meaning she is probably a 55 to 65 day plant. At this time I would suggest going to water only to finish her. Then start watching for color change in the remaining leaves. This will let you know she is ripe and ready for taking.
Ok so I'm just looking for the leaves to start to turn yellow right. Idk if u can tell or not but I was taught that once 3/4 of the white hairs get orange to crop it. It's dam close in my opinion but I also read on here to leave the lights off for 2 days and then cut them I wanna try it out. Any opinion on doin that? And thanks for your opinions. I like gettin peoples thoughts on it. But the last batch off of her was pretty killer stuff and it has a very citrusy smell to I say it smell like lemon. I was very surprised I got a pretty good strain out of just random seeds out of good stuff. I started feeding her for the first time two or three weeks into flower this go around I used Malibu compost bu's brew biodynamic compost tea bags and it seemed to make the buds denser. But before this flower cycle I never used any nutes. I don't know to much about wat kind of nutrients to use that will help. Thanks thanks for the help

Sht2loud

Sht2loud

They look good bro what kind of nutes u feeding them looks like a hybrid strain Indica Dom maybe but nice job anyway dude
I used bu's brew biodynamic compost tea bags and made a tea but this is the third time I've buded this plant and before this flower cycle I didn't use any nutes and it turned out pretty nice any opinion on wat nutes to use would be greatly appreciated

Sht2loud

Sht2loud

Nice job for what you got for sure. I've seen people do a whole lot less with a whole lot more...
Thanks buddy I know it isn't much but it has produced well for wat it is. But she is about 5ft 5in. But I do plan on upgrading soon enough

Top Bottom