How can I add CO2 to a 2x2x4?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

All but certain your probably already getting the benefits of the high co2 in the basement. Test it just before lights on and it will be higher then again at lights out and it may be lower. If it is significantly lower then you may benefit from increasing the co2 in the room the tent sits in.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
All but certain your probably already getting the benefits of the high co2 in the basement. Test it just before lights on and it will be higher then again at lights out and it may be lower. If it is significantly lower then you may benefit from increasing the co2 in the room the tent sits in.
Oh that's actually really smart. I might have been underestimating the price of the meters. All of the cheaper ones either have no reviews or bad ones.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I need the CO2 because my light is so strong lol. I can always just dim it but I fell like it would be a waste.
So lots of thing impact that... especially grow environment and VPD, watering practices etc.

Like I say once you get the grow dialed right in... then adding co2 MAY make sense.

Also the increased co2 reduces nutrient uptake because transpiration is slower due to more efficient photosynthesis. So you may find you need to feed a bit heavier in drier conditions and higher temp to help increase then and get full benefits of the co2. I always stay to the drier side of VPD (higher kpa) unless growing a sativa dominant strain.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
So lots of thing impact that... especially grow environment and VPD, watering practices etc.

Like I say once you get the grow dialed right in... then adding co2 MAY make sense.

Also the increased co2 reduces nutrient uptake because transpiration is slower due to more efficient photosynthesis. So you may find you need to feed a bit heavier in drier conditions and higher temp to help increase then and get full benefits of the co2. I always stay to the drier side of VPD (higher kpa) unless growing a sativa dominant strain.
I'll use this grow as a test of my light and my conditions and see what happens. I think I'll just forget the meter and focus on the other conditions as you said. If those are dialed in and it's still showing problems then it must be the CO2.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly if you have the grow dialed in i would test first... its the only sure fore way to see how much co2 they are eating up during photosynthesis. At night they don't photosynthesis but still respire so the co2 will climb but as soon as the lights come on they can chug it down pretty quick. I'll hit 2500ppm by morning and with 30 min or so they are kicking my co2 on set to 1200ppm.

I think your one the ball grabbing a co2 meter and testing first. It will easily tell you what going on in that room.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll use this grow as a test of my light and my conditions and see what happens. I think I'll just forget the meter and focus on the other conditions as you said. If those are dialed in and it's still showing problems then it must be the CO2.
I would test... low co2 can cause issues. If you infact suspect this is the case... but I dont feel thw co2 is your issue if you have ppl, pets, furnace, water tank etc. All pitting out co2. Its uncommon in an open room to see co2 to low.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
I would test... low co2 can cause issues. If you infact suspect this is the case... but I dont feel thw co2 is your issue if you have ppl, pets, furnace, water tank etc. All pitting out co2. Its uncommon in an open room to see co2 to low.
I can't find a meter below $200 with a good review and I don't really want to spend that much.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
I found this:
But I don't really want to be pumping CO2 into my house.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I found this:
But I don't really want to be pumping CO2 into my house.
Yup then I wouldn't. I'm a firm believer co2 in a sealed room because its a must... other than that. Well not something I would do. If I was doing a burner I would vent but thats about it.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
@Aqua Man
If I do need CO2, do you think I could do what I said before where I only use some of the stuff in the CO2 bag?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
Depends on the space but I dont see why not... I highly doubt you do but I cant say absolutely.
I'm renovating my basement soon so I might need to move it to the top floor so I'm planning ahead.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I have tried the yeast and sugar trick and noticed significantly faster growth during veg. Mine was in a 5 gal brew kit and I would add more sugar ever week and shake it once a day. Never tested the co2, but you can see it bubbling up like crazy and the plants responding. This was in a vented setup. With vented setup you generally want the co2 coming from below unlike with a sealed room.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
I have tried the yeast and sugar trick and noticed significantly faster growth during veg. Mine was in a 5 gal brew kit and I would add more sugar ever week and shake it once a day. Never tested the co2, but you can see it bubbling up like crazy and the plants responding. This was in a vented setup. With vented setup you generally want the co2 coming from below unlike with a sealed room.
Everyone's recommending this so I guess I'll try it out. Did you only add more sugar or yeast too?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

Latest posts

Top Bottom