How do these little guys look

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

With your tap maybe 1/4 and a 1 gram of mag sulfate (epsom salt) you tap has a fair bit of calcium in it so the mag sulfate will hp balance the ratios.
Ok gotcha I’ll see if I can find some epsom salt , so I’m watering with a ph of 5.6 until week 3 of flower? So if I use the epsom salt am I still using the cal mag? And how often?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With your tap maybe 1/4 and a 1 gram of mag sulfate (epsom salt) you tap has a fair bit of calcium in it so the mag sulfate will hp balance the ratios.
1/4 dose and 1 gram per gal of mag sulfate. Sorry I'm in a few threads right now so realized that answer only left more questions lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So if I use the epsom salt is that a replacement or a supplement for cal mag? And when should I be giving cal mag? And no problem your really being a big help
So you have cal and mag in you tap but with your ppm I'm going to guess about 80ish ppm of cal and 5 ppm of mag. You can Google you local water report and post if ya like.

So that ratio is way out as you want to have about a 2-1 cal-mg speaking in terms of available not total.

Adding 1 gram of epsom salt will help bring the ratios back in line and the added 1/4 dose of cal mag will give both a bump. Then your nutes will also contain some.

I'd start there as I feel it will be adequate. You don't want to much but coco does like a bit extra.

2Bad

2Bad

So you have cal and mag in you tap but with your ppm I'm going to guess about 80ish ppm of cal and 5 ppm of mag. You can Google you local water report and post if ya like.

So that ratio is way out as you want to have about a 2-1 cal-mg speaking in terms of available not total.

Adding 1 gram of epsom salt will help bring the ratios back in line and the added 1/4 dose of cal mag will give both a bump. Then your nutes will also contain some.

I'd start there as I feel it will be adequate. You don't want to much but coco does like a bit extra.
Sounds good . Ty so much

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Last question guys am I just misting it to keep it moist right now? Or am I watering until runoff? @ComfortablyNumb @Aqua Man
Just damp at the moment. Lets see how it looks after you finish everything.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That looks good. Now just wait, they will ask for water when they are ready.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Transplanted into coco? If so water to runoff with light nutrient or light cal mag.

If peat or soil just make sure it's all moist.

Sorry I'm all over the place... this was coco perlite 70/30 right? If so water to runoff as the media drains very very well. Maybe every 2 days for now.

2Bad

2Bad

Transplanted into coco? If so water to runoff with light nutrient or light cal mag.

If peat or soil just make sure it's all moist.

Sorry I'm all over the place... this was coco perlite 70/30 right? If so water to runoff as the media drains very very well. Maybe every 2 days for now.
Alrighty, thank you 🙏, the jiffy pellets in the middle of the coco does that change anythinng. And I just transplanted like an hour or two ago? Should I wait to water to runoff til tomorrow ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom