How do these little guys look

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Alrighty, thank you 🙏, the jiffy pellets in the middle of the coco does that change anythinng
Not really... if rockwool I'd say yes. Of you have a decent amount of roots then you don't need to worry to much about over watering in the coco. If not just go by feel and let em dry back a little more but at 2-3 days should be ok for the forst week.

What twmls are they in?

Also do not try to push the light yet just.

What light and how close?

2Bad

2Bad

Not really... if rockwool I'd say yes. Of you have a decent amount of roots then you don't need to worry to much about over watering in the coco. If not just go by feel and let em dry back a little more but at 2-3 days should be ok for the forst week.
So they only have one root cus they r from seed
What twmls are they in?
What is twmls?
Also do not try to push the light yet just.

What light and how close?
I’ve had a t5 light about a ft away for the last few days, why no light yet?

so what do you think 🤔 it’s got one root should I water it til run off yet? Or wait until it gets established since I just transplanted

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So they only have one root cus they r from seed

What is twmls?

I’ve had a t5 light about a ft away for the last few days, why no light yet?

so what do you think 🤔 it’s got one root should I water it til run off yet? Or wait until it gets established since I just transplanted
Make sure all the media is damp so I would water to run off in that mix. Sorry fat fingers... I meant temps... try to keep air temps around 80 and roots if using a heat mat 72-74.

2Bad

2Bad

Make sure all the media is damp so I would water to run off in that mix. Sorry fat fingers... I meant temps... try to keep air temps around 80 and roots if using a heat mat 72-74.
I freakin did it maneeee, I fed them low nutrients, let’s goooo! Lol . So what do u think about this , can I keep run off water in the tray like this for a day or two? Or should I drain it right away? Because technically the coco is sitting in it since it’s a lot of water

7F12C2FD D618 4602 8EDA 4578CEA76F53
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What were u saying about lights not too long ago? Cus I’ve had t5s on for a few days at a ft from the tips of the leaves
Don't increase the light intensity for a few days until they get settled.

2Bad

2Bad

Don't increase the light intensity for a few days until they get settled.
Ok <3 ty so much. do you think the t5s are good? Or what do you recommend doing with my 480w light, I think it’s got a few levels of lighting on the knob

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok <3 ty so much. do you think the t5s are good? Or what do you recommend doing with my 480w light, I think it’s got a few levels of lighting on the knob
After a few days move under the 480w but start low and work up.

JoryK

JoryK

Hi,
It looks good so far, and I’m assuming your using a heat pad under the tray? What you really should have on top of the tray is a 7” humidity dome. It keeps the humidity up so the plants don’t dry out too much, which you don’t want them to do, especially when they’re young as it can stung growth.
mill be honest and tell you that in my almost 30 years of growing I’ve never used coco. I prefer organic amended pitting soil. I usually use Sunshine Mix #4, which is avail in compressed bales that mare 6cubes when expanded or Fox Farm Ocean, though I’ve had insect issues from the soil last time so I went back to sunshine mix. ...but Foxfarm ocean is a killer soil for cannabis.
place your t5 directly on top of humidity dome. Being it’s coco your probably going to need to start using a very diluted fertilizer, maybe 1/4% as coco doesn’t have fertilizers in it like soil. With soil you don’t fertilize for first 2-4 weeks of the plants life. You’d be better off to ask someone who used coco for advice on fertilizing them.
...what strain are they, and are they autos , fems, or regs? What type of lights and setup do you have for after germination?
do you have it setup and running? You should run your new system a couple weeks to get kinks out and temp/humidity levels where you want them prior to adding your plants.
I just spent a little over $6,500 to upgrade my entire setup, and I ran my 3 tents over a month before I started adding plants. ...and even then I only put in a couple as a “test” run before using my more expensive strains.

2Bad

2Bad

Hi,
It looks good so far, and I’m assuming your using a heat pad under the tray? What you really should have on top of the tray is a 7” humidity dome. It keeps the humidity up so the plants don’t dry out too much, which you don’t want them to do, especially when they’re young as it can stung growth.
mill be honest and tell you that in my almost 30 years of growing I’ve never used coco. I prefer organic amended pitting soil. I usually use Sunshine Mix #4, which is avail in compressed bales that mare 6cubes when expanded or Fox Farm Ocean, though I’ve had insect issues from the soil last time so I went back to sunshine mix. ...but Foxfarm ocean is a killer soil for cannabis.
place your t5 directly on top of humidity dome. Being it’s coco your probably going to need to start using a very diluted fertilizer, maybe 1/4% as coco doesn’t have fertilizers in it like soil. With soil you don’t fertilize for first 2-4 weeks of the plants life. You’d be better off to ask someone who used coco for advice on fertilizing them.
...what strain are they, and are they autos , fems, or regs? What type of lights and setup do you have for after germination?
do you have it setup and running? You should run your new system a couple weeks to get kinks out and temp/humidity levels where you want them prior to adding your plants.
I just spent a little over $6,500 to upgrade my entire setup, and I ran my 3 tents over a month before I started adding plants. ...and even then I only put in a couple as a “test” run before using my more expensive strains.
Na I have a heat mat but It doesn’t have a thermostat so I put it in the winter box incase I need it, I got a steady temp of 75 at lights on. As for the dome idk if I need it, if I end up needing it in the near future i will def pick one up, seems to be drying out at the perfect rate, and I always have time to tend so I’ll make sure it won’t get too dry

Top Bottom