How Long Do You Veg For???

• Thread starter superskunk4u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harrypottery

Harrypottery

I currently have
1.Chronic Thunder and Banana Crack
Was started from seed 2/27... which is over 9 weeks, at least. They'll be vegged until June 13. Another 5 weeks or so.
I also have 1 chronic thunder and a Banana Sativa, that'll be vegged until 5/15/2016

I topped, LST and have done pinching. Ladies are kept short and sexy.

Between the four, they'll 2000 watts. Space is no issue.

Change of plans....
Veg time was cut short. May 12th flower induced. Plants are receiving outdoor sunlight 10-12 hours a day. Cleaned bottom branches first week of flower. May do a second round of cleaning. So far, I've been blessed not to have a stretchy two weeks.

kushdaking

kushdaking

So pending height in future I can flip after 6 weeks... That's good to know as I have had a close friend (who apparently knows his shit) tell me to wait for the 10-12 week mark. then I have come on here and done some reading,I cant say I have seen anyone veg that long. I know with my current plant she has needed the extra time due to my lack a green thumb so to say

Your buddy is growing monsters... A plant like that in ideal conditons under a gavita 1000w can produce upwards if 3 lbs indoor if his pot size is large enough

N

Nog

Yeah, I think veg till your grow space is filled, you don't want to waste electricity on lighting empty spaces in your garden.

Reactions: MSH
N

Nog

Your buddy is growing monsters... A plant like that in ideal conditons under a gavita 1000w can produce upwards if 3 lbs indoor if his pot size is large enough

A plant that could produce 3 lbs indoors would be a huge plant, and there's no way a 1000 W light will be able to cover that area.

A 1000 W will provide light to a large area, but the useable light for flowering, that is light that is of enough intensity to make dense buds, rather than loose airy buds, is confined to a rather small area, about 4 foot by 4 foot.

kushdaking

kushdaking

Then you would be amazed.. My buddy is pulling 2.2 to 3lbs off 1000w gavita.. 25 gallon pots with coco from og and cookie strains i didnt believe it until i seen the actual plant and it was nothing i have ever seen. His bottom buds were the same size as the middle run off branches... Branches were snapping right before harvest.. I myself have pulled 3 lbs under a gavita but from a heavy yiedling plants

N

Nog

Then you would be amazed.. My buddy is pulling 2.2 to 3lbs off 1000w gavita.. 25 gallon pots with coco from og and cookie strains i didnt believe it until i seen the actual plant and it was nothing i have ever seen. His bottom buds were the same size as the middle run off branches... Branches were snapping right before harvest.. I myself have pulled 3 lbs under a gavita but from a heavy yiedling plants

Where's the pics?

Brativa

Brativa

Veg is totally dependent on height for me. I have seven foot ceilings.. I flower under a 600 in a tent. So long as I flip by around two feet tall I don't have much of an issue but you may need to tie down some branches if your running several strains as I do. Happy growing there is no wrong answer here though depends on personal preferrence find what works for you.

N

Nog

I find short veg time is not worth it, you get little yield in my experience.

If you are going to flower for 8 weeks or so then you might as well make it that you get something decent by the end of it.
I mean it takes the same time to flower something that will yield high as to flower something that will give you pitiful yield of buds.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Room size and grow style dependent, but 75 days worked fine for me so far

20160526 132419

Those are 1 week in. There's still some space left as there were autoflowers growing while vegigng the rest

N

Nog

Another thing is, and this is mainly if you top and/or supercrop, is you want the branches to be thick, as thick branches will grow a cola, while thin branches will grow small thin buds, so you need to veg long enough so the branches thicken up.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
My plants are done veggin in under a month but i do sogs. That being said a plant can be held in veg indefinitely with a little root pruning

Latest posts

Top Bottom