How Long Do You Veg For???

• Thread starter superskunk4u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

I'm approaching 6-7 weeks. I'm likely going to go the entire 8 weeks. Or more. I got some transplanting to do in a bit. I'm hoping to fill the net up a bit more before I flip. I have actually gotten to the point where they are thirsty in veg. I usually didn't expect that until mid flowering. Now it's in veg. Rushing into flowering isn't going to help your case. Make better use of your grow space and utilize it correctly.
For max relative yield, sea of green clones with 1-2week veg max is best use of time and space

onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

Coming up on 2 months of vegetative growth. My plants still are not filling in quite the way I want. Preflowers are everywhere and they are drinking water much more than what I'm used to in veg obviously cause of the longer growth.

Thinking about a couple more weeks in veg so I can lollipop, clone and properly train.

I have uploaded the following video

growsince79

growsince79

Coming up on 2 months of vegetative growth. My plants still are not filling in quite the way I want. Preflowers are everywhere and they are drinking water much more than what I'm used to in veg obviously cause of the longer growth.

Thinking about a couple more weeks in veg so I can lollipop, clone and properly train.

Nice plants. You have way more patience than me. I'd rather grow twice as many plants and get the same harvest in half the time.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nice plants. You have way more patience than me. I'd rather grow twice as many plants and get the same harvest in half the time.

most growers stay in plant count. And in research and my own tests with a lot of plants i am familiar with immature plants flowered never reach the potency, complexity and long lasting effects that a mature plant can.

i think this is one reason growers think clones are better.

growsince79

growsince79

most growers stay in plant count. And in research and my own tests with a lot of plants i am familiar with immature plants flowered never reach the potency, complexity and long lasting effects that a mature plant can.

i think this is one reason growers think clones are better.
Thats some weird strains you have. My very young but fully matured plants are always every bit as potent and terpy as their clones. Maybe I've just got lucky with all the right strains in the last 40 years

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thats some weird strains you have. My very young but fully matured plants are always every bit as potent and terpy as their clones. Maybe I've just got lucky with all the right strains in the last 40 years

yeah or maybe you cant tell the difference. The tests showed higher potency with more veg time. Thats why i tested.

i wanted to do 12/12 with everything but even my patients noticed the difference so I went back to longer veg time.

And which is it? “Very young but fully matured plants” you said.

growsince79

growsince79

yeah or maybe you cant tell the difference. The tests showed higher potency with more veg time. Thats why i tested.

i wanted to do 12/12 with everything but even my patients noticed the difference so I went back to longer veg time.

And which is it? “Very young but fully matured plants” you said.
Very young I mean 3-4 weeks from sprout to flip. I just recently harvested clones that are identical to the originals. No one on earth could possibly tell them apart. Been that way with everything I've ever grown.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Very young I mean 3-4 weeks from sprout to flip. I just recently harvested clones that are identical to the originals. No one on earth could possibly tell them apart. Been that way with everything I've ever grown.

guess you have your mind made up. But im telling you that when I switched to 12/12 from seed or ran an early cut clone my patients noticed. And so did mrs. Mmg and i.

Also takes truly finishing before harvest which most growers dont do. That we notice right away.

My patients and i smoke a lot and have extremely high tolerance.

Miiikke

Miiikke

Hi all, Just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts are on the vegging stage like how long to veg for. As a first time grower I'm trying to work all this out (and not kill too many plants along the way)lol I have had my plant in veg for about 8 weeks now under a 250w CFL and was going to change her to 12/12 on the 1st/2nd of april.

Soooo love to have your input and feel free to put up a few pix of your ladies if you like

Happy Farming !!!!
You can start any where from 4 to 5 weeks when its mature or up to however big you want your yields. Training takes longer especially extensive training but training multiplies your yields! This one is at 10 weeks

94BF2A7F C20D 42BD BFA2 DF74CB7D07F7
C4442E0B CB4D 4814 8479 4426E7A766FC
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Not for me...I like the look of SOG but I get more from the whole plant than just the tops...My 1000w light hangs vertically with an umbrella reflector and I spin my plants daily to get front, back & sides. I have an open room with panda plastic frames I can surround my plants with and get a lot of reflective light.

I had to move locations in this pic and my panda plastic walls are not up. Also too many plants to use the light effectively I only want 5-6 plants not 18 that I think were crammed in here and the light doesn't t penetrate all that well. It shows my light though.

I also like less plants than more, 4 is out allowed limit, I like to stay at least close to that to limit my culpability somewhat. Its all personal anyways But 4 big plants will replace 20 small ones and 20 here is too many.

So much less maintenance & nutes as well.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Not for me...I like the look of SOG but I get more from the whole plant than just the tops...My 1000w light hangs vertically with an umbrella reflector and I spin my plants daily to get front, back & sides. I have an open room with panda plastic frames I can surround my plants with and get a lot of reflective light.

I had to move locations in this pic and my panda plastic walls are not up. Also too many plants to use the light effectively I only want 5-6 plants not 18 that I think were crammed in here and the light doesn't t penetrate all that well. It shows my light though.View attachment 1099561

I also like less plants than more, 4 is out allowed limit, I like to stay at least close to that to limit my culpability somewhat. Its all personal anyways But 4 big plants will replace 20 small ones and 20 here is too many.

So much less maintenance & nutes as well.
Here the limit is 6 in veg and 6 in flower. I can grow 4 plants in a 2x4 vegged 4 weeks from sprout and get a pound in 3 months if I want. That's too much for me, so lately I've been doing 2 week veg and get about 1.5oz each. I like lots of variety.

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Keep vegging u won't regret it nice grow

Top Bottom