How Long Do You Veg For???

• Thread starter superskunk4u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mack 10

mack 10

Here's a picture of the Grow three weeks later.
That's what I call a good deleafing! strip dem biatches!

Do you see any strains that hate been stripped?
And can you post up at 8 weeks flower too?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Week 1 bloom transition. 20 gal. Pots good to go.
Chop chop Saturday

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
20160713 210646

20160713 210628

These are today's pics at 28 days from seedling ground breach. There are 4 tops on each plant. 2 more weeks and they will be ready to flip. I will post a followup at flip day, Then harvest.:smoking:

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Downloadfile

Downloadfile 1

These are today's pics at 28 days from seedling ground breach. There are 4 tops on each plant. 2 more weeks and they will be ready to flip. I will post a followup at flip day, Then harvest.:smoking:

Here is an update.
Downloadfile
Downloadfile 1
Downloadfile 2

These are the pictures from the day I flipped to 12/12. It was at day 46 from ground breach.

I said I'd post a followup at flip and at harvest & I'm a man of my word.

Will be back for harvest pics in 8+weeks.

V

vagiboy1987

Growing in my own soil blend, in a 32 square foot tent thats 8 ft high under 2400 watt leds I am able to veg 12 plants for 2 months sometimes even 3. BUT and its a big BUT I top the shit out of my plants in veg to target 16 colas and trim the bottoms leaving only my main stems. I wire train them to go where I want them early on like you would with a bonsai but not nearly as tightly. I have a sweet spot of height I just know from experience with my setup. My plants always have a thick base and strong branches so I rarely have a need for extra support to hold them up. Doing this i require the extra time in veg to get what I want, how I want it. If I just grow out a plant without training I give roughly 5-6 weeks before flipping to flower but due to cola weight, training, trimming and allowing the plant to recover from any stresses I give extra long veg times. Think of it like this you grow a grapevine you can pump it full of nutes and force it to grow fast and it will be tall and lanky and the fruit will weigh it down, break branches and you'll get a lot of small inferior fruit. But if you take your time let it develop and strengthen you'll get a small amount of exceptional quality large fruit. Same applies to cannabis. Less fruit sites, bigger support structure and a more mature plant gives better QUALITY over quantity. But I will say there IS a such thing is too long in veg and ive seen it happen when I first started. A female plant by herself with no bananas on her finished up flower with a few seeds in her. This is because they stress out wanting to reproduce and with no male to pollinate them they either go Hermie or produce seeds on their own ( essentially a self cloning) not all plants do this but I did have an amnesia haze female do it to me. Her seeds were viable and germinated all female plants.

V

vagiboy1987

All but two have started phasing out of their "fruity smell". I harvested the top of one of the GGs and lemme tell you shes a beauty, her buds took on a watermelon rind scent in the jar, given this is the decomp stage still a smell change to more grassy was expected but its a good smell. She has deep tones of an earthy background. I'm from the country and it reminds me of that smell you have harvesting watermelons, dirt, vegital and fruity. Her buds, like all my buds this year, are especially frosty but these are denser than the others. We smoked a sample of some GG I harvested earlier this year and it was good, not really the strain for me but very well cured. Also tried an unknown strain from bagseed that was the most flavorful weed ive ever smoked, think green apple and sour D, she had a good smell and a really nice burn. The flavor kind of stuck with you. My wife sat right beside us and said it had a " really pretty" smell to it. On a lighter note I do have some clones of the LSD 25 from a huge mother and one from one of the larger fruity smelling LSD 25s growing in a dwc and using the Advanced Nutrients lineup, interested to see if the fruity characteristics carry over or it was environmental conditions that caused it. I'll know soon. They will be going into week 3 in the system on Saturday of a 6 week veg then I'm flipping them to flower.

RickkiTX

RickkiTX

give her 3-4 weeks veg if you ask me... depends how big you want it remember plants usually double in size in flowering

Nice plant though

onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

I'm gonna experiment with longer veg times. My 4-5 week vegs have been hurting end production

20210225 160148
20210225 160242
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm gonna experiment with longer veg times. My 4-5 week vegs have been hurting end production
I veg for a minimum of 8 weeks....I want bushes. These 2 are 7 weeks....another week 10 days before I have room to put them into the flower room. They are in 3 gal buckets hope to put them in 5 gal tomorrow if I can find soil...

onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

I'm approaching 6-7 weeks. I'm likely going to go the entire 8 weeks. Or more. I got some transplanting to do in a bit. I'm hoping to fill the net up a bit more before I flip. I have actually gotten to the point where they are thirsty in veg. I usually didn't expect that until mid flowering. Now it's in veg. Rushing into flowering isn't going to help your case. Make better use of your grow space and utilize it correctly.

20210227 090437
Top Bottom