How long until I'll start to see amber trichomes if all of them are milky right now?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
All of my trichomes are milky and I'm planning to harvest as soon as I see amber ones so how much longer do you think it'll be until I see one. I looked it up and from what I found, it said 2 weeks but I highly doubt that because flushing takes 2 weeks and you're supposed to start that as soon as you see milky trichomes.

growsince79

growsince79

All of my trichomes are milky and I'm planning to harvest as soon as I see amber ones so how much longer do you think it'll be until I see one. I looked it up and from what I found, it said 2 weeks but I highly doubt that because flushing takes 2 weeks and you're supposed to start that as soon as you see milky trichomes.
Could be tomorrow or it could be never. Judging harvest by trichs alone is crazy imo. Ive grown strains that never turn until after harvest.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
When the bud swells and the smell says I'm ripe. Listen to your nose.
This is from yesterday, it seems swollen and it has a really strong smell and the trichomes are all milky but most of the pistil hairs are still white. Do you think it's ready? Flushing was kind of a train wreck this grow so don't mind that.
IMG 4128

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is from yesterday, it seems swollen and it has a really strong smell and the trichomes are all milky but most of the pistil hairs are still white. Do you think it's ready? Flushing was kind of a train wreck this grow so don't mind that.View attachment 1049493

No need to check trichs til she is finished growing. And then only deep in the calyx. Not on the bud leaves they can turn early.

I would start taperining down nute strength. She has a little too much can see too dark leaves and tips yellowing.

Nice work though. Looks very healthy. With a proper taper she will likely get a third bigger and way frostier.

Then you check trichomes. Because new clears will have started.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
No need to check trichs til she is finished growing. And then only deep in the calyx. Not on the bud leaves they can turn early.

I would start taperining down nute strength. She has a little too much can see too dark leaves and tips yellowing.

Nice work though. Looks very healthy. With a proper taper she will likely get a third bigger and way frostier.

Then you check trichomes. Because new clears will have started.
Using a cheap blurple so I think thats why the leaves are so dark because they've been dark the whole grow. I flushed a couple days ago and got the ppm pretty low. I'm new to this so I thought I was just supposed to get all the nutrients out of the soil, didn't know I was supposed to taper but i doubt it would be a good idea to start feeding again.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Also its been 7.5 weeks of flower and flowering is supposed to be 8-9 weeks for this strain.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Also its been 7.5 weeks of flower and flowering is supposed to be 8-9 weeks for this strain.

Don’t put a ton of stock in stated flower times. You don’t know whether that is from flip, from the first sighting of buds, or what, since people and breeders have different choices of what constitutes “day 1.” I think 9 weeks is a safe minimum for most plants where people will start checking regularly for peak harvest.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Using a cheap blurple so I think thats why the leaves are so dark because they've been dark the whole grow. I flushed a couple days ago and got the ppm pretty low. I'm new to this so I thought I was just supposed to get all the nutrients out of the soil, didn't know I was supposed to taper but i doubt it would be a good idea to start feeding again.

Tapering is just a better way to do it for best potency and yield. Flushing can work too. But if the plant has weeks to go and no nutrients left it will canabalize itself for the nutrients. Its a flawed notion designed by cash croppers so they can pump the plants with high levels of nutrients for yield then “flush” them out at the end to try to get them to taste passable to sell faster.

Over the years the grow book writers interviewed the growers and it got put in as a normal technique.

Feeding properly is much better for quality.

But again. It works. Dont sweat it. But dont be afraid to give a fading plant a light dose of nutrients. Light dose.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Don’t put a ton of stock in stated flower times. You don’t know whether that is from flip, from the first sighting of buds, or what, since people and breeders have different choices of what constitutes “day 1.” I think 9 weeks is a safe minimum for most plants where people will start checking regularly for peak harvest.
9 weeks from flip or from pistil hairs?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What if your phenotype goes longer? None will likely match the breeder stated time. And i have never seen a plant truly finished in 7.5 weeks. They say that to sell seeds.

Truth is. Longer flowering plants are always better quality smoke.

Most hybrids i grow i cut at 10-10.5 weeks or so. Some “8-9 week plants” need 12.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Totally unrelated but what's the difference between quoting and replying?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Personally I always count from flip for simplicity. I’m not gonna consider chopping any of my girls until 63 days from flip or more.

How long a plant takes to develop budsites after flip is an important aspect of the plant’s growth habit and is important to include in flowering day/week counts imo

The only reason to start counting after flowers start appraring is to lie about short flowering times. Its a bad metric. Different plants take different times.

It is proper to count from flip. Its how long in 12/12 we need to know.

Top Bottom