How many Senior Citizens are on here?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I grew it natural for 3 years with my roommate, we had a 2 bedroom house with large backyard. When I got married at 21 I moved into a 3 bedroom apartment. I had an 8' long double door closet I could call my grow room. I picked up 2 250 w medal halites from an apartment building I was working converting them to condos. They were replacing the lighting in the parking lot and my lights were free. Grew for a couple years year round but was spending more then just buying a pound every 6 months so I went back to natural. Between the lights, fan, humidifier and a/c running 24/7 6-8 months of the year it just cost too much. I know all the changes that have come along in the last 40 years but I'm old and enjoy what I'm doing. And worse, my wife would kill me if spent that much money for a system. šŸ¤£
I hear you with the costs and the wife! My current costs are for the electricity (5-6 cents per KWH... pretty cheap!), $50/grow for Promix and misc supplies, and a dollar or two for water. The ballasts are 35+ yrs old and still buzzing along, I usually replace the bulbs every few cycles, so that might add a hundred bucks every few years... but that's about it. Everything is reused that can be reused. I just grow for myself, and I'm getting quite an excess since I'm enjoying the grow of some newer strains just for the variety. I'm having problem finding seeds, however. The previous site that I used has stopped taking VISA/MC, and I'm having trouble searching the seeds on this site without going thru a somewhat long process (seed search doesn't seem to be working correctly). I had a bunch of newer strains that I picked out, but they required Bitcoin and the headaches associated with setting it up... at least for this old dog.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I hear you with the costs and the wife! My current costs are for the electricity (5-6 cents per KWH... pretty cheap!), $50/grow for Promix and misc supplies, and a dollar or two for water. The ballasts are 35+ yrs old and still buzzing along, I usually replace the bulbs every few cycles, so that might add a hundred bucks every few years... but that's about it. Everything is reused that can be reused. I just grow for myself, and I'm getting quite an excess since I'm enjoying the grow of some newer strains just for the variety. I'm having problem finding seeds, however. The previous site that I used has stopped taking VISA/MC, and I'm having trouble searching the seeds on this site without going thru a somewhat long process (seed search doesn't seem to be working correctly). I had a bunch of newer strains that I picked out, but they required Bitcoin and the headaches associated with setting it up... at least for this old dog.
Maybe try some of your own breeding! Pretty simple and the results are staggering!
Prom Date x BOG Sour Grape..just harvested..Yummmm..all for moi ..LOL

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

While I could absorb the operating costs an outlay of a grand plus isn't in my budget. I could easily build my own grow room in a corner of the garage but the lights, fan, a/c is just too much.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Maybe try some of your own breeding! Pretty simple and the results are staggering!
Prom Date x BOG Sour Grape..just harvested..Yummmm..all for moi ..LOL
View attachment 873911
I've been growing some of the same strains for 30+ years, keeping them going either thru cloning or feminized seed production, so I'm successful in making seeds, I just wanted to try something different that was NOT one of the current "Strains of the Day" that is mostly just new hybrids that folks throw together. I was excited to find a Maui Wowie strain that was available... I haven't had any since '82 and finally found it, only to find that it can't be purchased via credit card, just bitcoin.
I should try to get thru this Bitcoin issue, since it would be handy to have. I tried to set it up before, but with so many different keys and stuff, I was lost before I started.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I've been growing some of the same strains for 30+ years, keeping them going either thru cloning or feminized seed production, so I'm successful in making seeds, I just wanted to try something different that was NOT one of the current "Strains of the Day" that is mostly just new hybrids that folks throw together. I was excited to find a Maui Wowie strain that was available... I haven't had any since '82 and finally found it, only to find that it can't be purchased via credit card, just bitcoin.
I should try to get thru this Bitcoin issue, since it would be handy to have. I tried to set it up before, but with so many different keys and stuff, I was lost before I started.
Like you..Bitcoin is not on my list of things I want. In fact a case of Poison Ivy would come before Bitcoin, Potcoin, and all the rest.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
While I could absorb the operating costs an outlay of a grand plus isn't in my budget. I could easily build my own grow room in a corner of the garage but the lights, fan, a/c is just too much.
I draw my air from the central A/C system via negative pressure into the grow room. The air is drawn from a cooler basement area and helps to keep the temps cooler and helps to draw out the cool/damp air that is always present in the basement during summer... making it a win/win as far as keeping the atmosphere in the right conditions. The lights cost was about $250, which included a magnetic ballast, a metal/ceramic reflector, and a 1000w MH bulb. A few fake walls will help to isolate everything, keeping heat and odor control a little easier to deal with, while not costing much after the 1st season. As I mentioned, It costs me about $100/grow for supplies and stuff, with the only other cost being electricity... about a dollar/day. Exhaust ventilation is also very important, but that is more for security and PONN. (Prevention of Nosy Neighbors).
...AND, I apologize for dragging this thread off course. Something a new kid would do! Damn kids....

GDub51

GDub51

I draw my air from the central A/C system via negative pressure into the grow room. The air is drawn from a cooler basement area and helps to keep the temps cooler and helps to draw out the cool/damp air that is always present in the basement during summer... making it a win/win as far as keeping the atmosphere in the right conditions. The lights cost was about $250, which included a magnetic ballast, a metal/ceramic reflector, and a 1000w MH bulb. A few fake walls will help to isolate everything, keeping heat and odor control a little easier to deal with, while not costing much after the 1st season. As I mentioned, It costs me about $100/grow for supplies and stuff, with the only other cost being electricity... about a dollar/day. Exhaust ventilation is also very important, but that is more for security and PONN. (Prevention of Nosy Neighbors).
...AND, I apologize for dragging this thread off course. Something a new kid would do! Damn kids....
Indeed, now back to the subject. I'm just finishing my 68th lap of the sun, used cannabis since 16 but just started growing three years ago. Being retired, I put a great deal of time into study on the subject and keep track of several such sites. I'm backyard SoCal in 20 gallon 36" tall brown plastic pots. (ditching the black ones that get too hot here.) Ocean Forest re-charged with mycorrhizae fed with bat and cow manure, kelp extract and molasses. PH 5.8 to 6.4, ppm starts at 250 +- then to 800ppm veg, 1200 max ppm from early flower. I harvest in October (at least 33% dark trichomes for high CBD) and age in my wine cellar at about 68'F and 35 to 45% humidity for life in glass mason jars. This years growth is White Widow and Gorilla Bomb both fem. photoperiod types. Seed supplier problem made for late start on the GB (May 1). Hoping it will grow quickly.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

GC Ventures.
5960 South Land Park Drive
#240, Sacramento CA 95822 USA
I mailed cash to them and they sent me seeds that I wanted and free ones also.i thought about the bit coin but too confusing .i will try and find th website for you.i get back when I find it for you
šŸ˜Ž
Only one I could find:
No Chemdog or Northern Lights, story of my life

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

63 years old but with the mentality of a 25 year old (at least that's what my wife says)..........I've been growing professionally (for profit) since 1980.
On changing the subject,, my dang lights wonā€™t go higher and part of my 3 plant flower grow looks lights burned, turned 1 300 w led off and just left the other one in the middle.i have a 2x4x5 tent 2week in flower and still running my hum it 45% temp high 82 lights on 75 lights off......I am not growing in the Summer anymore ...help please

Popdee

Popdee

Well my body is 71+ but my spirit knows no bound. Smoked my first joint at a friends uncles house at 17,as we were skipping school. Never saw weed again till I was in the Navy, a California dude brought a match box full of Roche's onto our ship and we bonded. Our ship spent a year sailing around South America, can anyone say Columbia? I have grown off and on for years, when I can find a space. My biggest claim to fame would be growing 40+ White Widow ,mostly clones, that I planted all around "the area" and gave maps to a few friends,as I was bound for Thailand for a year. I'm still learning and this Farm has been a great help. āœŒ

Popdee

Popdee

I was sitting under a railroad bridge in my 73 dodge duster and rolling one up in 1977, cop puled up and asked what i was doing. Thinking fast i reached down and grabbed one of the cassette tapes that was unravelled in my floorboard. (there was always one) and said," fixing my tape deck sir..." one of local fellow church members was Jerry M#":;?ll sent up by Judge Buford for 20 years to the missouri penitentiary for selling a dime bag. Later toked weed with Judge Bufords son, and later the son of the Captain of Missouri state highway patrol... Patrol boy sold me a pound of leaf for 60$ i cut it and sold it for $10 per oz
Pay back is the ultimate bitch!

Latest posts

Top Bottom