How many Senior Citizens are on here?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

While I still feel that I think the same way I did when I was in college, now that I have jumped over the geezer mountain and turned 60, I wonder how many other "Older" cronies are on board here? I know a lot my age don't know much about computers and stuff, but hw many are out there taking care of their Cana-business after the ripe age of 60? The best answer gets a lifetime of old and rambling stories from my youth! :mad:
"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library." ~ Frank Zappa

Madbud

Madbud

Heres one of my ‘70’s stories. Buddy and i score a decent z during lunch and drive to a hilltop cemetery to spin one up. As was the habit in those days, I twisted the roach between two matchheads and lit it. As i sit up to blow it out and snort it, a NY state trooper pulls up in front! I stuff the z in the slash hand-warmer pocket of my air force parka. Of course the car reeks like cheech and chong, smoke billows out and he spots the toasted roach. Pats us both down but misses the pocket and lets us go. Couple shots of galaxy never tasted so good.✌

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Heres one of my ‘70’s stories. Buddy and i score a decent z during lunch and drive to a hilltop cemetery to spin one up. As was the habit in those days, I twisted the roach between two matchheads and lit it. As i sit up to blow it out and snort it, a NY state trooper pulls up in front! I stuff the z in the slash hand-warmer pocket of my air force parka. Of course the car reeks like cheech and chong, smoke billows out and he spots the toasted roach. Pats us both down but misses the pocket and lets us go. Couple shots of galaxy never tasted so good.✌
I was at the beach in Cape May, NJ back in 76 I think. My cousin and her boyfriend were sneaking a room together, as my father and his girl friend and family were there with me. I had a big Z, but stopped at my cousin's room and stashed it above the ceiling tiles. On the way back to my room, with the family scene, when I detoured to the beach and burned the half I saved from earlier. No sooner did I finish it when a redneck cop, at 9:15 in the evening, stopped me on the beach and shook me down. I used to keep the stash in my sock, but I had just stashed it in my cousin's room. The cop knew I just burned one and was pissed that I didn't have anything on me. They were pretty brutal in those days, as the "Hippies" were ruining the country, at least according to Nixon!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I was at the beach in Cape May, NJ back in 76 I think. My cousin and her boyfriend were sneaking a room together, as my father and his girl friend and family were there with me. I had a big Z, but stopped at my cousin's room and stashed it above the ceiling tiles. On the way back to my room, with the family scene, when I detoured to the beach and burned the half I saved from earlier. No sooner did I finish it when a redneck cop, at 9:15 in the evening, stopped me on the beach and shook me down. I used to keep the stash in my sock, but I had just stashed it in my cousin's room. The cop knew I just burned one and was pissed that I didn't have anything on me. They were pretty brutal in those days, as the "Hippies" were ruining the country, at least according to Nixon!
The NJ Turnpike was fun in those days....especially when you had long hair and drove a Volkswagen Bus with peace signs on it! LOL

Popdee

Popdee

OK "war stories" been waiting. All you youngests
are talking about the 70's
let me take you back to the 60's. 1967, I'm in the US Navy, 19 yo and on a ship, along with 11 others
Heading on a "good will" ,year long , tour around South America 😁 I had already met two other "like minded" sailors and had scored a oz each in Jamaica. We were cozy for a while but then our ship pulled liberty in Cartahana (sp?) Columbia. The 3 of us weren't into the usual bar and hooker scene, we hit the taxis with the only Spanish word we cared about " marihuana"? No luck we went into a bar a got a beer. 10 minutes later a rap on the window where we were sitting, one of the taxis drivers waving us out. OK big smiles we go out. He can't speak English but we know he knows what we're after, into his back seat the 3 of us pile in, dressed in our navy whites ( pull over jumper, bellbottom pants) and off we drive, in a city we have been in for all of an hour and only at dock side. We each had about $50 in our pockets and we are heading away from downtown. We started getting worried and try telling him to stop," no good good" he says and drives on further out of the city into definite farm land. We are freaking and are talking low, thinking of jumping out, when he pulls into a dirt drive and park's in front of an big barn. He jumps out , a big smile and "ok good good" and rruns off into the barn. We sit stunned, "where the fuck are we? Do we run? To where?" The barn door open, light pours out, two figures walk out, one is holding something, hard to see through the tears, they walk to the taxi and get in the front seat. The new guy is big and burly and carries news paper( to wipe up the blood and a burlap bag to put our heads in)! He smiles and raddles something off and opens the bag to reveal the biggest amount of weed I had ever seen(at the time)and would have been even happier had I not pissed my pants! He then proceeded to rip the news paper and roll blunts with it, one for everyone! Talk about a Chee&Chong moment!
Farmers, we got so stoned,all of us ,and had to stop him from rolling us another! We each spent our $50, in news paper he rolled what had to be 2 oz in each packet and we each 2 in each sox and 6 around our waist ban, total of 20 OZ EACH! We got dropped off on the dock by our new taxi driver friend, after a 10 mph drive back and we had to walk up that gang plank and salute on board( talk about a "Midnight Express"moment.
We made it, the rest of my time in the service of this great country was in the words of the great Pink.. Comfortably numb!
The real shock came when I got out and trying to find/buy here.. now "it's getting better all the time"
Over and out . Popdee

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
OK "war stories" been waiting. All you youngests
are talking about the 70's
let me take you back to the 60's. 1967, I'm in the US Navy, 19 yo and on a ship, along with 11 others
Heading on a "good will" ,year long , tour around South America 😁 I had already met two other "like minded" sailors and had scored a oz each in Jamaica. We were cozy for a while but then our ship pulled liberty in Cartahana (sp?) Columbia. The 3 of us weren't into the usual bar and hooker scene, we hit the taxis with the only Spanish word we cared about " marihuana"? No luck we went into a bar a got a beer. 10 minutes later a rap on the window where we were sitting, one of the taxis drivers waving us out. OK big smiles we go out. He can't speak English but we know he knows what we're after, into his back seat the 3 of us pile in, dressed in our navy whites ( pull over jumper, bellbottom pants) and off we drive, in a city we have been in for all of an hour and only at dock side. We each had about $50 in our pockets and we are heading away from downtown. We started getting worried and try telling him to stop," no good good" he says and drives on further out of the city into definite farm land. We are freaking and are talking low, thinking of jumping out, when he pulls into a dirt drive and park's in front of an big barn. He jumps out , a big smile and "ok good good" and rruns off into the barn. We sit stunned, "where the fuck are we? Do we run? To where?" The barn door open, light pours out, two figures walk out, one is holding something, hard to see through the tears, they walk to the taxi and get in the front seat. The new guy is big and burly and carries news paper( to wipe up the blood and a burlap bag to put our heads in)! He smiles and raddles something off and opens the bag to reveal the biggest amount of weed I had ever seen(at the time)and would have been even happier had I not pissed my pants! He then proceeded to rip the news paper and roll blunts with it, one for everyone! Talk about a Chee&Chong moment!
Farmers, we got so stoned,all of us ,and had to stop him from rolling us another! We each spent our $50, in news paper he rolled what had to be 2 oz in each packet and we each 2 in each sox and 6 around our waist ban, total of 20 OZ EACH! We got dropped off on the dock by our new taxi driver friend, after a 10 mph drive back and we had to walk up that gang plank and salute on board( talk about a "Midnight Express"moment.
We made it, the rest of my time in the service of this great country was in the words of the great Pink.. Comfortably numb!
The real shock came when I got out and trying to find/buy here.. now "it's getting better all the time"
Over and out . Popdee
Great story. A few years before me but my biggest fear was getting drafted, which thankfully ended just before I turned 18. I had a buddy that told me his stories around the Phillipines, throwing Alka-Seltzers to seagulls from the deck of his ship. It sounded like McHales Navy, but I'm sure it was tuff enough!

Popdee

Popdee

Great story. A few years before me but my biggest fear was getting drafted, which thankfully ended just before I turned 18. I had a buddy that told me his stories around the Phillipines, throwing Alka-Seltzers to seagulls from the deck of his ship. It sounded like McHales Navy, but I'm sure it was tuff enough!
My father, a WWll Navy air officer, signed me into the navy reserve at 18. I was pissed wanted to kill for peace! Nam!
Year later went active,they give me "dream sheet", where you want to go,what you want to learn, what you want to do?
NAM!! ... They stationed me in Boston,60 miles from my home! Pissed! Then they send me to South America, not pissed!

But after retelling the story, I'm thinking.. All those seeds we threw overboard, most likely landrace back then..Pissed!
Over and out Popdee

Top Bottom