How many watts for a 2x4 growspace

• Thread starter Newbie27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancorn

mancorn

Yea i kno but which is better for a 2x4 one priced at 240 watts for $170
Or one that produces 240 watts for $80 even if i get 2 of the $80 it would be more watts more coverage ect every led light produces heat spider farmer led produces heat as well as mars hydro you have to ventilate the tent thats all in my book but hey imma newbie so not much experience here!
Stop fixating on the wattage!! Watts measure how much energy a light uses, not how much light is produced. Light isn't measured in watts. It's measured in foot-candles or lumens (and for grow lights often show as PAR/PPFD). You can just connect a piece of metal to a couple wires if you just want to use up a bunch of watts. High wattage doesn’t equate to a good light, it could just be very inefficient. Almost assuredly if the manufacturer isn’t telling you the brand name of the LEDs and driver, the light is a POS.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Stop fixating on the wattage!! Watts measure how much energy a light uses, not how much light is produced. Light isn't measured in watts. It's measured in foot-candles or lumens (and for grow lights often show as PAR/PPFD). You can just connect a piece of metal to a couple wires if you just want to use up a bunch of watts. High wattage doesn’t equate to a good light, it could just be very inefficient. Almost assuredly if the manufacturer isn’t telling you the brand name of the LEDs and driver, the light is a POS.

Exactly

Newbie27

Newbie27

Par is intensity correct?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

PERFECT FOR A 2X4 THERES NOTHING U CAN SAY RONG ABOUT THIS LIGHT I UNDERSTAND YOUVE BEEN TOLD YOU HAVE TO

THANK YOU!
OK, do what you want. Remember, I've built the same style light. I replaced it and I'm glad I did.

Peace ....

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
PERFECT FOR A 2X4 THERES NOTHING U CAN SAY RONG ABOUT THIS LIGHT I UNDERSTAND YOUVE BEEN TOLD YOU HAVE TO

THANK YOU!
With 260w of LED within a less than a half a foot of each other, you'll basically be getting hps numbers. Low efficiency, high temperature.
Plus, if you look at the spectrum it has too much blue. At least for my liking.

Newbie27

Newbie27

With 260w of LED within a less than a half a foot of each other, you'll basically be getting hps numbers. Low efficiency, high temperature.
Plus, if you look at the spectrum it has too much blue. At least for my liking.
And i was thinking of getting 2 for a 2x4 😎

Top Bottom