How many watts for a 2x4 growspace

• Thread starter Newbie27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie27

Newbie27

One more thing before I go. You are talking to people who know what they are talking about so you shouldn't b

You don't always get what they say. I looked at the exact light you posted, go to reviews and you'll see. Stop insulting the people trying to help you. You asked for the help.
Yes help not multiple people saying spend 2-3 hundred on a light i dint NEEEEEDDDDD If your friend comes to you and says hey i wanna start growing would you send him to the most expensive place to get a light all ik saying is dont tell me that this light wont work bcuz the price isnt high non of you found a real reason for why this light wouldnt do great yall just started saying a bunch of nonsense where the proof !!!!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The 150 has 5 cobs not 6 bruv read first please and thanks
I lied ... this is my last post.

The only difference between the white light cob and the burple light cob is the color of the itty bitty LED diodes that are all wired in sequence inside that. Each of those 50 watt cobs has 50 1 watt diodes run in series groups which are then wired in parallel inside that wafer chip.

When we speak of efficiency in relations to electricity, we are speaking about how much of that electricity is consumed to power the device and how much is wasted. High efficiency LED wastes very little electricity.

Newbie27

Newbie27

Yup.... youbstill don't get it... all lights produce heat. The efficiency of the light determines the wattage converted to light and the wattage lost as heat. THIS IS WHY LED PRODUCES LESS HEAT THAN HPS. The less efficient the less light and more heat that is produced.... NOT ALL LES ARE EQUAL. I have to just bite my tongue. Its not my grow but to the person thinking of going kingbrite you are right they are far superior in every way shape and form than this canister of heat.

But yes both will grow plants.
The reviews on kingbrite is worst then the reviews on this one thats why i asked what can i go off bcuz all i hear is opinions i need facts

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Yes help not multiple people saying spend 2-3 hundred on a light i dint NEEEEEDDDDD If your friend comes to you and says hey i wanna start growing would you send him to the most expensive place to get a light all ik saying is dont tell me that this light wont work bcuz the price isnt high non of you found a real reason for why this light wouldnt do great yall just started saying a bunch of nonsense where the proof !!!!
You're trying to justify this purchase but you don't have to knowledge to do it. But you're sure it's a good light because you want it to be so you're pushing away everyone who tells you it's not.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nobody says its needed.... you can grow with headlights if you want.... smh. Any dam light will work... therebia a huge difference in quality and efficacy.... put 150w of quality LED against 150w of HPS AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE. Or they gonna be just as good also?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I lied ... this is my last post.

The only difference between the white light cob and the burple light cob is the color of the itty bitty LED diodes that are all wired in sequence inside that. Each of those 50 watt cobs has 50 1 watt diodes run in series groups which are then wired in parallel inside that wafer chip.

When we speak of efficiency in relations to electricity, we are speaking about how much of that electricity is consumed to power the device and how much is wasted. I high efficiency LED wastes very little electricity.
That's actually incorrect. Coloured LEDs are much less efficient than white ones.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That's actually incorrect. Coloured LEDs are much less efficient than white ones.
How so? With a par or lux meter? If that is what you are saying, you're correct. If you are using a multimeter to measure current ... they are the same.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
How so? With a par or lux meter? If that is what you are saying, you're correct. If you are using a multimeter to measure current ... they are the same.
Isn't the par/lux meter what matters? if they have the same current running through them but less light, then the difference in current is converted into heat, no?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Interesting debate👀
Not really, he's not wrong. I work with a set of blue prints and wiring lists. In the technical sense of my job, my answer is correct. He caught me ... I think he's referring to the actual measurable light output ... which gets into a completely different topic all together.

I'm not angry, I'm just not going to beat my head against the concrete on this one. It's your money. I've run them both (cobs and quantum boards). Do what you want ...

mancorn

mancorn

Spend 10 minutes under a blurple grow light and then tell us how fun it is. It’s like hanging out in a nuclear reactor.
Why are you guys so angry 😳😳😳😳😳

I read through this thread and then the wife had to stop me from gorging my eyes out with the melon baller. The kicker came when Aqua Man ask you how much you wanted to spend. Simply enough question. You should have said $70, but instead said $300. Then 200 post later say, “why do you guys keep showing me $300 lights anyway, how about this $70 one?”

Newbie27

Newbie27

Spend 10 minutes under a blurple grow light and then tell us how fun it is. It’s like hanging out in a nuclear reactor.

I read through this thread and then the wife had to stop me from gorging my eyes out with the melon baller. The kicker came when Aqua Man ask you how much you wanted to spend. Simply enough question. You should have said $70, but instead said $300. Then 200 post later say, “why do you guys keep showing me $300 lights anyway, how about this $70 one?”
😭😂😂😂😂 bruv i be high

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

These ones !

Gonna be another vote against that one.

I think with the cobs this might be a step up from the first one you posted, but the spectrum still looks pretty pink from the customer’s pictures. I agree that the fans are not a good sign for efficiency, they add those in order to cheap out on heatsinks, so you pay in efficiency.

Nobody is trying to get you to buy expensive lights, your standard on what is expensive just does not match what quality leds sell for.

Top Bottom