How many watts for a 2x4 growspace

• Thread starter Newbie27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crossfader

crossfader

If your on a low budget I strongly suggesting concidering the yueme light for 80$ it’s plenty for your grow tent and it’s full spectrum so it’s good for veg and flowering
That's a decent light. I really wish I had seen this before I bought a Phlizon 600w (I think its 106 or 108 true watts) for the same price. But it's only my second grow (running 2 autos in a 2x2) so I'm still learning...and still on a budget but the experience is priceless, as is the great advice given on this site.

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Well this made me laugh reading this feed.. Newbie if you don't want the advice off ppl that actually know what there talking about. Buy the light and show your progress. Buff said gl with what ever u choose.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Dam GG. Do u make lights to order?
No definitely not. I haven't made any full sized lights yet, I've just seen people who did and they had a lot of success. I'm working on a tiny little light for a micro grow but I couldn't find any companies that made LED strips small enough so I'm individually soldering 37 LEDs onto 37 individual boards. It's a mess. At least right now, I'm the last person you want to build a light for you.

I made 1 already which basically didn't work so I'm starting again. I should be done in a few days.

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

No definitely not. I haven't made any full sized lights yet, I've just seen people who did and they had a lot of success. I'm working on a tiny little light for a micro grow but I couldn't find any companies that made LED strips small enough so I'm individually soldering 37 LEDs onto 37 individual boards. It's a mess. At least right now, I'm the last person you want to build a light for you.

I made 1 already which basically didn't work so I'm starting again. I should be done in a few days.
Gl m8

Autumn

Autumn

I've done your homework for you...

If you need a cost effective, state-of-the-art, high quality grow light (for a ~ 2' x 4' area), stop soul searching and purchase the Maxsisun MF2000. In my opinion, it's pretty much the best combination of price, performance, and quality available anywhere.

I have numerous HID, flourescent, and LED grow lights. The MF2000 will effectively replace a 400 - 600 watt HID, and will optimally cover a ~2' x 4' footprint. At 230 (actual) watts, it will consume about half the electricity (and, produce roughly half the heat) while doing so. As a moderately driven LED array, it should do this full time for about five years (which is a long time, measured in replacement HID HPS and MH bulbs)

So, forget the cheap purple LED's, T5 fluorescents, COB's, etc. If you're interested in professional results, either use old school HID lighting (slightly cheaper, upfront), or go straight to one of the very latest LED quantum board lamps (such as the MF2000). Trust me.

UPDATE: I've now put the MF2000 into service. Here are a few tips:

- About the Remote Controller:
Reassuringly, the MF2000 will work just fine with a conventional (24hr on/off) timer. And, the light intensity (eg, 50%) initially selected via remote will continue under subsequent on/off timer control (eg, 18hr/6hr). So, set intensity once and forget it

- About Initiating the MF2000:
Simply press and hold the remote control "ID" button while you click the red lamp switch to "On"; lamp will blink for 2 seconds; now release the "ID" button and you're done - all the remote functions will now work
(the MF2000 instructions are a bit fuzzy here, but its actually dead simple)

- About Hanging the Lamp:
The MF2000 comes with a (four wire) hanging harness and a couple of rope ratchets. All good, except this combination uses up a lot (~20") of vertical space (which is at a premium in a 5' high tent). Solution: Use just two of the hanging wires (one per side), forming a loop between hanger points. Clip the included rope ratchet carabiner around the loop and hang as usual. (Maxsisun also makes an excellent 2'x4'x60" grow tent - ideal for the MF2000; see my review)

- About Different Light for Vegging vs Flowering:
Short answer - the MF2000 will work just fine for both. And - importantly - your ability to smoothly vary intensity from 10% - 100% means you can use the MF2000 right from seedling to final bud finishing. Combined with varying height above canopy via rope ratchets, adjustable intensity makes the MF2000 a simple and sophisticated grow lighting solution.
(Technically, the MF2000 produces an extended light spectrum which pretty much encompasses all stages of plant life cycle needs, just like normal sunlight. So, no need for "red/blue" switches or MH/HPS HID bulb changes).

(Thanks for reading. Hope all of this info helps you. Buying grow lights can be confusing...)

CFC7143

CFC7143

After reading your posts and looking at your profile pics, I think you should buy the $70 light. You won't be able to make buds anyways, so why waste $300.
I have the 70$ light for my small grow tent and I grow pretty solid cannabis, it’s far from the best light but it is plenty for a small space my plants aren’t starving for light by any meens
6D2EEA4C 5F3A 4809 BF91 86C589BDC60A
925FF148 B1EB 4EAD B3C5 C704942783D9
3C6C9EE3 6F3B 49C3 BEA1 DC6B8122A106
0084D0F0 FD77 4481 B750 E8AD6E96B389
E66D6EAE DD86 4875 A5E6 5D0CE578A7E8
05570D8E CD52 4A5D 86AB 11D541EAF321

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Newbie27

Newbie27

I've done your homework for you...

If you need a cost effective, state-of-the-art, high quality grow light (for a ~ 2' x 4' area), stop soul searching and purchase the Maxsisun MF2000. In my opinion, it's pretty much the best combination of price, performance, and quality available anywhere.

I have numerous HID, flourescent, and LED grow lights. The MF2000 will effectively replace a 400 - 600 watt HID, and will optimally cover a ~2' x 4' footprint. At 230 (actual) watts, it will consume about half the electricity (and, produce roughly half the heat) while doing so. As a moderately driven LED array, it should do this full time for about five years (which is a long time, measured in replacement HID HPS and MH bulbs)

So, forget the cheap purple LED's, T5 fluorescents, COB's, etc. If you're interested in professional results, either use old school HID lighting (slightly cheaper, upfront), or go straight to one of the very latest LED quantum board lamps (such as the MF2000). Trust me.

UPDATE: I've now put the MF2000 into service. Here are a few tips:

- About the Remote Controller:
Reassuringly, the MF2000 will work just fine with a conventional (24hr on/off) timer. And, the light intensity (eg, 50%) initially selected via remote will continue under subsequent on/off timer control (eg, 18hr/6hr). So, set intensity once and forget it

- About Initiating the MF2000:
Simply press and hold the remote control "ID" button while you click the red lamp switch to "On"; lamp will blink for 2 seconds; now release the "ID" button and you're done - all the remote functions will now work
(the MF2000 instructions are a bit fuzzy here, but its actually dead simple)

- About Hanging the Lamp:
The MF2000 comes with a (four wire) hanging harness and a couple of rope ratchets. All good, except this combination uses up a lot (~20") of vertical space (which is at a premium in a 5' high tent). Solution: Use just two of the hanging wires (one per side), forming a loop between hanger points. Clip the included rope ratchet carabiner around the loop and hang as usual. (Maxsisun also makes an excellent 2'x4'x60" grow tent - ideal for the MF2000; see my review)

- About Different Light for Vegging vs Flowering:
Short answer - the MF2000 will work just fine for both. And - importantly - your ability to smoothly vary intensity from 10% - 100% means you can use the MF2000 right from seedling to final bud finishing. Combined with varying height above canopy via rope ratchets, adjustable intensity makes the MF2000 a simple and sophisticated grow lighting solution.
(Technically, the MF2000 produces an extended light spectrum which pretty much encompasses all stages of plant life cycle needs, just like normal sunlight. So, no need for "red/blue" switches or MH/HPS HID bulb changes).

(Thanks for reading. Hope all of this info helps you. Buying grow lights can be confusing...)
Thanks

Newbie27

Newbie27

Well this made me laugh reading this feed.. Newbie if you don't want the advice off ppl that actually know what there talking about. Buy the light and show your progress. Buff said gl with what ever u choose.
I was just kidding around figured if i questioned the answers i would get better results apology to all and thanks to all that popped in to help 💙

Newbie27

Newbie27

I have the 70$ light for my small grow tent and I grow pretty solid cannabis, it’s far from the best light but it is plenty for a small space my plants aren’t starving for light by any meens
View attachment 1084685View attachment 1084686View attachment 1084687View attachment 1084688View attachment 1084689View attachment 1084690
I listened to you when you said i would only need 1 of those lights but after looking through your pics i can see you ran other leds along with it did u actually grow that with just 1 of these lights?

Top Bottom