How much are dispensaries donating for a pound of top shelf meds

• Thread starter Don007206
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Bummer for you fella...nothing beats the best outdo. we can't "one up" nature indoors- there's just less cloudy days;)

You most certainly can one up nature indoors. That's the whole point. Outdoors you can't control humidity....Outdoors you can't maintain a 1500 ppm CO2 atmosphere...Outdoors you have no control over the vapor pressure deficit...etc. The only think you can control outdoors is nutes. Unless you're talking a controlled greenhouse, then that's not really true outdoors. I'm not saying outdoor can't be good. I've just never seen any outdoor that is better or equal to the best top shelf I've seen and smoked. I've smoked a lot of outdoor from WA to CA also. I'm sure the super outdoor exists somewhere, I just think you can do better indoors. But I'd gladly smoke a fat joint of some great outdoors with ya if you offered :)

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Fact - No outdoor grown bud has ever won amsterdam cannabis cup. EVERY strain that has EVER won an award has been grown indoors. At the same time, the truest tasting blueberry strain I have ever tasted was grown outdoors and it was oh so sweet.

zeke

zeke

The vending scene in Washington was the best. As soon as they close the unlicensed shops its over here until the laws change. People that specialize in doing paperwork will then control what they think is the market. Sad and lame. We will get the law right next time. I have hope. The farmers markets were awesome. Maybe they still are. Imagine walking into a room filled with booths. Booths are chocked full of clones, seed, hash, pot and any kind of edible. Now picture a dreaded out hippy shoving a bong load toward your face as part of his aggressive marketing campaign. Fun as fuck and people love it. None of that scene is legal under the current law. I'm glad I got to experience it. I know what its supposed to be like. We really need to concentrate on voting these unfriendly and insensible people out of office.

Moe Lasses

Moe Lasses

You most certainly can one up nature indoors. That's the whole point. Outdoors you can't control humidity....Outdoors you can't maintain a 1500 ppm CO2 atmosphere...Outdoors you have no control over the vapor pressure deficit...etc. The only think you can control outdoors is nutes. Unless you're talking a controlled greenhouse, then that's not really true outdoors. I'm not saying outdoor can't be good. I've just never seen any outdoor that is better or equal to the best top shelf I've seen and smoked. I've smoked a lot of outdoor from WA to CA also. I'm sure the super outdoor exists somewhere, I just think you can do better indoors. But I'd gladly smoke a fat joint of some great outdoors with ya if you offered :)

pm'd

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

CAM00290 Cherry pie OG. I got this yesterday in seattle from the northwest farmers market AKA galaxy. Tested over 23% thc. And I took a long time to decide what I wanted cause it wad all soooooo delicious. 30 bucks an 1/8 and there was some equivalent looking for 25 an 1/8 it was just tested lower

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Sounds cool but I'm in Cali.
Also I've been in the biz since a youngster and smoked the finest of both. I'm not knocking outs either. I have an outdoor garden and greenhouses every year. Just stating my preference.

Effendi

Effendi

No one on the thread has been wrong. Indoor vs outdoor and quality are absolutely subjective.

I grew up in northern California and have enjoyed some of the very best herb ever...from an outdoor garden or two.

I have lived in Washington 15 years now and there are many top notch indoor growers both here and there.

The folks that say Cali outdoor sucks (I hear that alot up here) just haven't had the privilege of getting any superior product.

Not their fault of course, why would the best material be shipped out of state?

As far as indoor goes, it's absolutely all about the producer. I have had very good and very bad indoor from both places.

Overall though I agree with Header. The reason indoor can and should be better than outdoor generally is because of our abilities to control environment 100% indoor.

Yes the sun is awesome and hard to beat them lumens but also impossible to control environment outdoor so without a doubt, the very best material is produced under 100% controlled environment indoors.

.:woot:

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I think it comes down to personal preference. I have a buddy that i've been smoking with for years and we've shared a lot of "wow" moments in our years of looking at buds. He got some organic outdoor that he was shitting his pants about. He was in love with the taste. I thought it was garbage. I've noticed that a lot of old hippie smokers really prefer the kind of bud I stay away from. I think it has something to do with when they started smoking. No offense, but bud was garbage back in the day. Weed is completely different now days and with all the crosses available the flavors are almost unlimited. But in the same way you can't teach an old dog new tricks. A lot of old school smokers prefer that flavor they grew up on. IMG 20140216 081344This picture is straight out of a 1970's edition of high times magazine so I dont wanna even here anybody defend the bud from back then. LMAO

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You know, it's very interesting this idea that indoor is better because you have total control over the environment. It doesn't jive with my aquatic experience.

See, in fishkeeping our goal is to mimic the wild environment, the natural environment. Why? Because, it is PERFECT for the organisms in question, it is pristine and it is what they evolved to live in. And so it seems to me the same would be true for any other living thing that has evolved on this earth. And those systems that best mimic nature are the ones where we see organisms doing more than just living, they're thriving, breeding, growing. And we're not just keeping fish, we're also keeping photosynthetics of various types, and again, every time, the goal is to mimic nature because she is superior.

Personally, I don't care where it was grown, I care how. Is it organic, or is it fuckin' chockful of chemicals? If the grower had pest or disease issues, how did they respond to that? If they're using chemicals, again, I want not a fucking THING to do with it, just like with my food.

Then, again for me but maybe not for anyone else, there's the issue of sustainability and indoor cultivation ain't really it. I mean, yeah, maybe you can pay for it with dollars, but how long can we all pay for it with resources? THAT, for me, is the real rub to indoor growing. Get your footprint smaller and I might be a bit more willing to give it further consideration as a good way to go, but currently we're not there.

All that said, what dispensaries are left in the state (back on thread topic)?

Myco

Myco

Excellent rebuttal @Seamaiden

I would also have to say that I probably haven't experienced the finest outdoor...(knowingly) but then again, I can almost guarantee that I've gotten product from a certain area south of me that was amazing, and very well could've been outdoor ;)

A lot of veterans will say that the best outdoor beats the finest indoor, I will take their word for it until I witness that for me self. Which I would love to...

Edit: And FTR, I think many folks in WA state have a preconceived notion of indoor > outdoor due to the fact that our outdoor growing conditions aren't exactly prime compared to NorCal folks, due to our usual hasty onslaught of late summer rains and cooler temps. But I can't say for certain, I"ve never grown outdoor.

Buuuuut back to thread topic, WA prices seem to be not improving like they should this time of year. What gives?!

Top Bottom