How much are dispensaries donating for a pound of top shelf meds

• Thread starter Don007206
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

Turned out many great crops indoor in Seattle, it's not the growers that are so top notch. A few are great growers but most are newbs who started after 06, when the med scene took off. Lots of grows come out great there due to cool temps that allow using outside air to cool the room... This outdoor air carries a lot of humidity which the indoor plants like, growers don't have to worry about VPD like other places around the country. When there I was biased, thinking the PNW was the best. Then I was introduced to outdoor that was as good or better from California. Moved to Cali and never looked back, now I do indoor and outdoor. Sure you get more control inside, but it doesn't compare to what the potential is outdoors. You can take a mediocre strain indoors and dial it, but a great strain outdoors will perform better than it's indoor clone. All the babying that happens indoors promotes the flourishing of mediocrity we see in modern herbs, the ruggedness of outdoor truly allows for the development of superior plants and genetics (as long as you are below 40 degrees latitude). You really don't understand your plants until you see what they do outside, I grew for 10+ years indoors before I made that discovery. Outdoor ftw.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

A lot of dispensaries are turning away top shelf meds because they can get mid grade all day long for $2000 or less. You really have to find the dispensaries that care about quality. I've only found a couple; however I've found a ton of places that would happily offer me $2200/lb. I normally laugh and walk out of those places. Anymore if I'm thinking of vending to a new dispensary, i'll call or go visit them without bringing anything in first. If their spot holds equal quality then i'll talk to them about being a vendor.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Dispensaries are too greedy. My last trip to seattle proved disapointing when I was going through the dispensaries.
A lot of dispensaries are turning away top shelf meds because they can get mid grade all day long for $2000 or less. You really have to find the dispensaries that care about quality.

This is so true and exactly what im talking about. I've found you have to go to the "farmers markets" to get the super dank. These are places where the grower himself is able to rent a vending spot for the day or week and then sell their meds at their prices which are often more reasonable than the dispensaries.

zeke

zeke

I'm wondering how WLCB feels about patient farmers markets? They are of course the best. You get to sniff, smoke, taste and talk your way around and be friendly and actually human. It's awesome. We can't have shenanigans like that going on, way too dangerous. People might have a good time and the state won't get all that tax revenue that they deserve for all of their hard work puting harmless potpeople in jail.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

If you have the true fire, dispensaries will pay more than you can make at a farmer's market and you don't have to pay $250/day and waste 8 hours of your day dealing with lowballers and leeches looking for a handout.

Given the opportunity to show your product to a dispensary, if you still can't negotiate a reasonable price (26-28/#), your product is not as good as you think it is or the dispensary in question is shitty and has cash flow problems. Once you find the right spot they should always call you back wanting more. I have only had to deal with 3 different dispensaries in the last 3 years. When I show my product to somebody for the first time I usually have to ask them to please not cum on it. Dank talks and bullshit walks. If you can't get at least 26/# from a dispensary, you are the reason for the 25-33% price drop over the last 8 years.

zeke

zeke

True words bro. You've felt the aches one feels when working a booth. The leeches, ha. No doubt we've fed the same parasites with our blood. The dispensary shell game. Can't pay, but don't have your product. In the trunk you go. It's not all bad. I've met some awesome people at the events. Met the dispensary owners I still work with today. And the ones that still owe. ED. You slimey slunt....

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

If you have the true fire, dispensaries will pay more than you can make at a farmer's market and you don't have to pay $250/day and waste 8 hours of your day dealing with lowballers and leeches looking for a handout
Id have to respectfully disagree. How would some body in their right mind think you can make more selling to a dispensary than selling it yourself at a market? Dispensaries dont care how dank it is if they cant get it for less than its worth. If your super lucky you will get 600 for a QP. Set up shop for a day and people will come by paying 10 bucks a gram all day. Now you just made 1120 of that QP instead of 600. Sure your gonna have to put a little bit of work into it and deal with people for 8 hours. But is it really that big of a deal if your going to double your money?

I live in central washington and have fed a few dispensaries a few times and I can tell you from experience that they dont give a Shit how good your weed is, 2000 a pound is absolute tops and they absolutely dont care how good it is. Take it or leave it is their attitude.

zeke

zeke

That's when you leave. If your stuff is desirable they will call you. They aren't taking ten anymore. Maybe two or three if its different stuff they've sold before. I'm still getting 2800. Same reliable sellable herb their customers want.

Anyone that's ever worked 8hrs at one of those markets knows what's up. At first they rocked. Huge numbers of folks rolling through. Used to sell completely out of everything. Most I made was 6k after paying Jeremy his $250. The spiel ! The same spiel over and over. The mooches, a certain class of mendicant douche bags. Our very own version of the sadhu with out the shaivite ritual. Then there's the fact that most Americans are sporting IQs under 90. Fuck customer service. The public sucks 98% of the time. But oh that other2%. Worth all the trouble every time.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Id have to respectfully disagree. How would some body in their right mind think you can make more selling to a dispensary than selling it yourself at a market?
I already answered this in post #185. I don't have time to spend in a poorly ventilated, bug & disease infested market dealing with broke, dirty-ass motherfuckers trying to nickel and dime me over a twenty sack. I drop off 5 packs and leave with 14k in 15 minutes. Fuck a market.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

indonesia

indonesia

I've never tried any decent cali outdoor but that's probably just because anything we see up here in WA is far from their best outdoor. I'm more shooting to one up nature with my indoor grows, not just mimic it. Being able to control each aspect of the environment to marijuana's ideal conditions isn't really the same as growing in the best outdoor climate.
its the sunshine. has way more good stuff in it than your hps bulbs or tri spectrum LEDs. not to mention the CO2. football nuggets

indonesia

indonesia

see lol everyone from WA hates outdoor lol most of us get the lower quality end of it. like i said before, HI and southern CA greenhouse best outdoor ive personally ever smoked. had some from the emerald triangle several times but dude is right, there's a lot of old school growers in nor-cal and of course they're keeping the headstash for themselves.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

That writer is an idiot who doesn't know the difference between collective gardens, dispensaries and access points and as such is wildly speculating with his interpretation of the impact these potential law changes could bring. The cody bill is not even law yet. It was passed by the Senate and is on it's way to the house.

Never get your "news" from Forbes magazine.

Other way around. It was passed by the house and is headed to the senate. Hopefully the Senate knocks it down.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

its the sunshine. has way more good stuff in it than your hps bulbs or tri spectrum LEDs. not to mention the CO2. football nuggets

I get that the sunshine is a better light source than any type of bulb but i'm not sure what you mean when you say, "not to mention the CO2". You can't get the high ranges of CO2 outdoors.

OGkushistein

OGkushistein

if a dispensary refuses to pay 2.3k or less for the entire pie please turn it into honey oil or edibles your weed has no taste or smell and is not topshelf

Top Bottom