how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ccWTF

ccWTF

No offense, but here in my state of New York there is no such thing as calling a legitimate dispensary and having weed legally delivered to your door. We still have to deal with "Drug Dealers" who are not dealing exclusively weed. Always a risk of getting busted or even ripped off. yet the prices are almost exactly what they are in California $60 1/8, 120-1/4, etc.
I believe the CALI prices are what keeps the criminal element out of the weed business

I would much rather buy weed from a legitimate company.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

if one accepts the gubmit definition of drug dealer, you aint got a corner on that market. we are all drug dealers in their eyes. many a 99% legal disps been raided by the feds down la way. anywho, what's the diff between a drug dealer and entrepreneur?:D

ccWTF

ccWTF

IM NOT JUDGING ANYONE.
Maybe a poor choice of words on my part. What im commenting about is; with the price of weed in CALI it makes no sense for an "ENTREPRENEUR" to buy weed in CALI and "TRAFFIC" it to other states.
300% price markup at the dispensary and the price is still where it should be from a consumers perspective.
From a growers perspective 300% seems high, then growers should demand more.

And i dont believe drug dealers that never got caught or entrepreneurs have anything to do with the availability of legal marijuana in California. Give credit where credit is due to organizations such as NORML and devoted activists who are the reason Californians enjoy legal cannabis.

FiveAM

FiveAM

I have a couple things I'm proud to say I grew. One of my guys who's usually wax only told me he couldn't remember the last time a joint put him on his ass like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Muckman420

Muckman420

was supposed to be a king louie xiii og, i say its a platinum og,smells like wlchs grape juice.

still 25 days left give or take
0207151856a
0207151856b

souf69

souf69

What part of Federally illegal makes it a legitimate business? Not looking for an argument, but gawd dang man.

Muckman420

Muckman420

What part of Federally illegal makes it a legitimate business? Not looking for an argument, but gawd dang man.
It doesn't, remember the dude who got ripped off for 10 grand in one of these threads? i don't like being alone in a room full of gorillas and that is how dispensarys make me feel.

ccWTF

ccWTF

No Arguments just debates because im a "Master-Debater"

From the perspective of a consumer with an MMJ card it seems very much legit and safe to purchase a $60 8th. Especially when you dont even have to leave your house/trailer. Make a phone call and the MMJ fairy delivers weed directly to the park. Thats what put Ricky and Bubbles out of business.
Now Ricky is back in jail for armed robbery again and Bubbles is struggling repairing shopping carts at $18 a pop and running his Shed and Breakfast or kitties.

Last edited:
phoenixfire

phoenixfire

More like master baiter.......when are people going to loose the appetite for monkey wrenches

If you want mon key renches go too grow shop forum

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think the prices are right where they should be. That keeps the criminal element (drug dealers) and black market out of the weed business.
Last time i was in Cali I gladly paid $60 for an 1/8. And it was a 99% legal transaction.
Those are black market prices. How is this keeping them out of the weed business? You've got to have a rec to walk into a dispensary for the honor of paying $60/eighth. Someone like me has none nearby, they're at least a 40mi drive away. Leaves a whole lotta room for the black market boys, IMO. Then there's the whole idea of vilifying these people. I can't, not in good conscience. I relied on them for my weed for decades. Yeah, some were probably criminals who made real victims, but most were not.
IM NOT JUDGING ANYONE.
Maybe a poor choice of words on my part. What im commenting about is; with the price of weed in CALI it makes no sense for an "ENTREPRENEUR" to buy weed in CALI and "TRAFFIC" it to other states.
300% price markup at the dispensary and the price is still where it should be from a consumers perspective.
From a growers perspective 300% seems high, then growers should demand more.

And i dont believe drug dealers that never got caught or entrepreneurs have anything to do with the availability of legal marijuana in California. Give credit where credit is due to organizations such as NORML and devoted activists who are the reason Californians enjoy legal cannabis.
It's a tangled situation, and I think the main reason for that is how most growers operate. And that is why it actually makes sense for someone to buy product here and move it across state lines. Cuz growers ain't slingin' eighths. At least, none that I know of.

No Arguments just debates because im a "Master-Debater"

From the perspective of a consumer with an MMJ card it seems very much legit and safe to purchase a $60 8th. Especially when you dont even have to leave your house/trailer. Make a phone call and the MMJ fairy delivers weed directly to the park. Thats what put Ricky and Bubbles out of business.
Now Ricky is back in jail for armed robbery again and Bubbles is struggling repairing shopping carts at $18 a pop and running his Shed and Breakfast or kitties.
Specifically in California, those delivery services are in a very dark gray area, legally speaking. IIRC, they're supposed to be associated with a B&M (brick & mortar), but I know of one service one my kids uses and they switched after their B&M was shut down by the city. And they lowball vendors (growers) hard, without even having the overhead of a B&M business. From this perspective, it hurts. Which brings us back to the topic of this thread! I love when I can do that, I'm so ADD it can be difficult to remember where I took the tangential line.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Oh shit I jus noticed this a cali thread my bag!
I ll go back to coloradro were the mastah gro ughhh$ are

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

but on the topic of dispensaries, i know em well through my kids. i grow my own and rarely smoke unknown medicine. super paranoid bout the toxic shit that growers spray on plants. but the kids r always bringing home meds from the dispos. mostly la cuz that's the best bang for their buck they say. anywho, i am just not impressed with the weed. the bho/shatter/wax/concentrates on the other hand...i don't blast cuz the feds hate that shit...but i do luv my vape pen for traveling.

Top Bottom