how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ccWTF

ccWTF

the way i understood the topic and i only read the 1st few pages"
how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?"
apparently they're marking up the price 300% and getting $60/eighth and somehow that happens to be the same price on the black market.
Consumers will gladly pay $60/eighth for good dope and they're probably spending less on
pharmaceuticals they no longer need .
IMO Dispensaries are controlling the price based on the black market price not supply and demand.
Growers/breeders are putting in a lot of work and taking the most risk for the least reward.
Grow weed because you love to grow.

Muckman420

Muckman420

apparently they're marking up the price 300% and getting $60/eighth and somehow that happens to be the same price on the black market.
Consumers will gladly pay $60/eighth for good dope and they're probably spending less on
IMO Dispensaries are controlling the price based on the black market price not supply and demand.
Growers/breeders are putting in a lot of work and taking the most risk for the least reward.
Not all places are charging that much for top shel. I would say 35-55 cap and 90 for a 1/4 it depends on where you go. In certain places like rosemond it's about 35-40 cap but the weed is improperly cured. Close to Santa monica and all of SFV are roughly 45-55 with a few 60-65 1/8 in there, quality is mediocre to primo but going to 4 shops just to look is retarded. Mobil dispo's want roughly a zip minimum and you don't see it untill It shows up, and most out here in so cal are not legit.

A close friend said he has been to several to drop off flowers and he said it is hit and miss, all he grows is OG, and would rather do the grind so I can only assume I will be lowballed. I won't know what I think it's worth untill cured so its a toss up.

Black market prices don't fluctuate as much unless the big time supplier in those communities gets popped, prices change and the herb changes but the faces stay the same. Some one else gets a seat on top for a bit untill it goes full circle. Sometimes even the legal grows go down and things change for a bit.

Point is, I only see the biggest difference in the recreational states so far.

ccWTF

ccWTF

About 2years ago i had the pleasure of enjoying SoCali dessert and didn't see any dispensaries i just assumed these delivery services were going to be the trend. A friend who has a MMJ card called ...in about an hour weed was delivered. Thats nice.
She had a computer printout of what was available. about 12-15 smokable items. Few of those were heavy sativa. At least we had choices. Californians are very lucky compared to New Yorkers.
Good Buds and plenty of sunshine. Im Jealous.

Muckman420

Muckman420

About 2years ago i had the pleasure of enjoying SoCali dessert and didn't see any dispensaries i just assumed these delivery services were going to be the trend. A friend who has a MMJ card called ...in about an hour weed was delivered. Thats nice.
She had a computer printout of what was available. about 12-15 smokable items. Few of those were heavy sativa. At least we had choices. Californians are very lucky compared to New Yorkers.
Good Buds and plenty of sunshine. Im Jealous.
If you can't smell and see the nugs before they Cruze to your pad how do you know it will be worth it with a zip minimum? Houdini has a mobile dispo and has 3 buds with him at all times, out here the pizza men get robbed.

420circuit

420circuit

Last night while chatting with some growers this subject came up, the difference between states in pricing. Everyone agreed that they would love to cash in by selling for 400-500 oz in TX, but every single one said there is no f'king way that they would risk it. But easy to see the attraction. The recent $79 ounces on sale at a shop got mentioned with differing opinions about the quality, and how even if it's low grade it could go for high dollar elsewhere. I can confidently say that there is a great variety of excellent cannabis being grown in CO, both by commercial operators and individuals. I think this may be the best buyer's market for top quality smoke in modern history. Not kidding. The sativas kept me up till 5am, the Gorilla Glue #4 is specially excellent, just be prepared to spend some time right where you smoke it.:D

ccWTF

ccWTF

Ive had Pizza in Cali. Trust me...Theyre robbing you.

Im pretty sure my friend was already an established customer of the mobile dispensary and there was a level good faith doing business together. They did inspect her card and the deal was made in public view. It seemed to me the mobile disp was more concerned with MMJ card than we were about the quality and taste of the bud. She purchased 4 eighths @ $60 each and resold them@$0 profit to her friends.
Back of the original topic here; Growers are producing an outrages quality bud and they're not making much more than if they only produced mediocre bud.

Not all consumers want top shelf like myself. Im a pack a day nicotine addict and sometimes i enjoy/need to smoke weed just for the sake of smoking something other than nasty cigs.

BTW Cigs are $11-$12 a pack here and there is a thriving black market.

420circuit

420circuit

Just like in the food business, the very best products never make it to store shelves. They are sold for a fair price to the purveyors who know who appreciates top quality. You cannot buy the steak served at Ruth's at the grocery store. But when the amount of beef being produced doubles, the prices will come down across the board, with less impact to the high end, but lower for everyone due to the extra supply. This applies to cannabis, gas, beef, so if the supply continues to increase with more and better gardening operations getting rolling, we should expect even lower prices, just wait until the outdoor crops hit the shelves this fall. Growers who want to do well need to focus on quality and efficiency, same as always, but with more competition now, so with increased pressure on price. Unless something changes, prices will continue to fall.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Thanks Sea for the very intelligent response.
Im still trying to figure out wtf a monkey wrench has to do with the priceof weedin CALI....

Monkey Wrench
Where a girl girl pulls your junk between your legs a blows you from behind.
Man she gave me a monkey wrench lastnite!
Googled it. LOL
oh man! She monkey wrenched me guys! Sounds like a good bar story's.you just went up anotch in my book!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
You must know the wrong people back home to be getting charged $60 an eighth. Dudes doubling or tripling profit off of you.:D When I go to a dispo I ain't pYing anymore then 125 a zip for the best of the best or I'm walking right the fuck out of there. These guys in co. Can grow warehouses and greenhouse Full of dope which makes it not even worth 125. Guess things are a bit different in Cali where the shops have to purchase there products from vendors. When I got to Cali I make concentrates for the road

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

That is why I live according to "my" interpretation of God's law, lol.:D

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

So in other words everyone should just do whatever in the hey they want? Sounds like a great idea. :p
Reminds me of when babble tooK place and people could no longer understand eachother and every one was foreign to eachother and themselves....any whooo we know mods love this subject so ya, um, peace be with you

R

ReCway

I'm from Texas originally and know plenty of growers in tx. They grow og, cookies, and so forth. Indoor. Whole sale prices in tx are 3600 avg for #s. Only people that pay 400 for zips is people that sell in the ghetto ass parts and usually have trap houses that also sell other shit. Not worth dealing with. Too much outdoor garbage lowering prices. Not Enough people k ow the difference between ok bud and great bud. Most folks just want to get high and would rather buy lower quality imported bud than top shelf Indoor. You might get 4 a unit but you'll sit on that shit for along time. Anyone with weight is in the mid 3s

Top Bottom