how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cool, do you know anyone who's used them? Perhaps compared to an outside lab's results? I can't afford it at this time, but I'm still keen to try it out.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's a different maker/manufacturer than thctestkits.com, and their kits are FAR less expensive. The kit from thctestkits dot com is a couple bills to start.

CannaBidz

CannaBidz

I haven't used them yet myself, they are just a cheap alternative to sending your samples out to a lab...
They will get you in the ballpark, as far as THC, and CBD levels but they are no where near the accuracy of a GC type of test...
But still would be fun to use at home without the hassle of sending stuff out and waiting days or weeks for the results...

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Ah, I see. Was looking around for home test kits the other day and only found the one in the HT link and another that wasn't very economical.

If anyone tries it let me know how it goes!

ARoachclip

ARoachclip

I grow both indoor and outdoor in Southern Oregon, I excited to see what testing and the canabus cups are going to do for this industry. I also have a controversial thought. I have a strain that tested lower in THC and 0 CBD, But I think it's better. I'll try to get my kid to upload the results so I can share them.
Alright, I won't be so bold and say better. I retract that. However I will say just as good. I will be testing these strains indoor this year. I'm curious.

THC Report 001
Girl Scout Test Results 001
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
One thing for sure is even if a strain gets a certain percentage on a test does not mean it will get the same percentage for everyone or even the same person on a different grow. I`ve always said it is 50% genetics and 50% grow ability. The environment makes up about as much of a difference to the out come as does the genetics. I have never tested any of my weed(yet) but I can say that it increases in THC content after I have a new strain dialed in better. I`m good at reading the needs of a plant as I go along but after growing the same strains over a few times , even I get better and I have over 50 years experience growing.

By the way, just what are the prices that people are getting these days for indoor/outdoor/greenhouse ? Does anyone see prices higher that this time last year? I`d expect it given the drought conditions and the many more restricted local laws in Cali now.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

One thing for sure is even if a strain gets a certain percentage on a test does not mean it will get the same percentage for everyone or even the same person on a different grow. I`ve always said it is 50% genetics and 50% grow ability. The environment makes up about as much of a difference to the out come as does the genetics. I have never tested any of my weed(yet) but I can say that it increases in THC content after I have a new strain dialed in better. I`m good at reading the needs of a plant as I go along but after growing the same strains over a few times , even I get better and I have over 50 years experience growing.

By the way, just what are the prices that people are getting these days for indoor/outdoor/greenhouse ? Does anyone see prices higher that this time last year? I`d expect it given the drought conditions and the many more restricted local laws in Cali now.
Definitely higher this year than last. Collectives weren't trying to lowball compensation/donation nearly as much this year, either. They just want what they can get.

Honestly, last year wasn't bad either.

Last edited:
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Usually Croptober throws everything off in SoCal, but this year it was almost negligible.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I only pay 40 a slicefor the dank nugs I get. Oz is 250 2600 for a lb
Was that indoor ,outdoor or greenhouse? What I`m looking for is the prices they pay for units of Outdoor/Greenhouse compared to last year at this time of year. Also if anyone can remember the high mark last year. Iam thinking it will go for maybe $200 more per unit this year and maybe more by April. I know there were adds to buy peoples crops around in the North State before any were even done. Some even offered to buy it untrimmed! I`d never seen that before. I think that with water meters even indoor prices may be effected.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Because like Oregon, most Cali outdoor growers don't even try to move their product in Cali anymore. It all goes to other states. Seattle area indoor growers definitely felt the Cali outdoor hit this year, and last year.
Interesting. Always thought it was because of the new laws and/or people just up and moving to Colorado or Washington.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

There sure was a shit-load of concentrates/extracts all of a sudden, tho. Lol!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Drought stress buds, not good for anything but concentrates. Yields down , costs up , people are trying to get pull even or make a modest profit this year to get them by. Many people are moving out of areas with harsh climates, both weather wise and local code wise. We may have a little bit of a break on the water situation this year but it will still be touch and go. We are still going to be in a very bad drought with low lakes and streams and more wells running dry, just not as early in the grow season as last year. If you grow, stock up with water tanks and be prepared to pay extra for any deliveries of water ! Don`t count on your water source ! It will still run low in September- October, just as the buds are forming and need water so very badly!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Sorry Mark, I don't agree. Cali has plenty of water, and will for the next 100 years. These people are trying to make you feel like you have no water. I suggest, if your actually concerned about water, then catch as much as you can. One can catch easily 40,000 gallons of water in a drought season no problem. Stop relying on a government that can't even tell you the truth.

Need proof.....Is your local water company now charging more for water after everybody cut back? Hmmm....Seems like the game is make up a crisis, then charge more for your commodity. Then when there is a surplus of your commodity, just continue to charge more.

Right now there are major reservoirs dumping water across California in attempts to make hydro electric. Thing is, the price of oil is cheaper than hydro electric is to produce. So these idiots are wasting our supposedly needed water, to create more expensive energy. Reminds me of Ethanol. Grow food, just to burn, and it hurts our engines.......

Remember people, over 70% of all rain water goes back into the ocean in California.........

Because like Oregon, most Cali outdoor growers don't even try to move their product in Cali anymore. It all goes to other states. Seattle area indoor growers definitely felt the Cali outdoor hit this year, and last year.

I got rid of more flowers this year in Cali dispensaries than any other year.

Top Bottom