how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

Santa Cruz Mtn Naturals - pretty good folks, but their outdoor is more important than your indoor. They pay when they say. Not really only organic, unless H&G nutes count. They do have Bodhi seeds, which is worth the trip. Once they hung a friend out on some hash, said decarbolilate it for more $/g, but then never picked it up. Others don't want it cause it is darker after decarbolilation...

Overall
B

Decarbing hash? What does that mean?

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

So what is a fair price(wholesale) for trim/unmanicured buds(small, to airy, got sick of manacuring)?... oz, and Lb

Clawmark

Clawmark

Wat up. Finally back. You should get half price of your A grade on budlets. I let mine go for 100 a z to friends and 200 an elbow for over the top trim. BoKoo grams on BHO for that trim on 2 runs.

NightShift

NightShift

Ummm yeah you are getting screwed, as are the patients at that place. If they are paying 200 an ounce they ought to be charging 40-45 per eighth. 25 a gram what the hell is that bullshit? That comes to $700 an ounce! If they are averaging 500-600 an ounce you should be getting $10 a gram all the way up at minimum. Fucking sharks man, that is pathetic.

We would love to get 200 an ounce in Cali. That is full blown retail. When it goes by the P the prices are way down. Everyone has bud out here. If it isnt the best of the best it won't go anywhere. Who cares if the dispensaries mark their prices up. Good for them. They are paying a 50% tax rate out here.

mr roboto

mr roboto

too bad the clubs rip us off still at $60 a 1/8th....these clubs are out of hand on their prices....they are paying approx $15 per 1/8th....whats that a 300% markup.....rediculous.....
Dispensories make a killing but they still have a lot of overhead to pay for like property lease,employees and probably some taxes uncle sam requires. Thats why I stay out of thos places..I wonder how the prices are gonna look like if it were completly legalized , would there be more taxes? will price go up or down?

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Cali is saturated with dirt cheap outdoor "Greenhouse" right now:facepalm::bag:
600lb for Blue dream!:eek:

Yeah but even good indoor strains are hard to sell if they're not OG. I saw some guy walk into a dispensary with some insane SSH, and was turned down at 28. HE broke out some sick Butter OG and barely walked away with 29 and he had to haggle for the cash. Pretty sad, but you're right Ken, lots of lowers going around that I wouldn't smoke ever, but some people are on a budget.....,

Z

Z-ro

@ 600/lb it must be complete junk or someone is taking you for a ride. We are seeing 16-17 in the triangle for quality BDs, 22 for OGK, 24 GSC. A lot of people are just starting to trim we had decent weather and most people I know only harvested about a week ago, talkin full season outs here, though soon you can expect -500$ on those numbers. Was seeing 26-27 for bomb OGK deps up until now. If I had ins I would just hold on to them until April at least.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That price seems pretty common in SoCal. And honestly, no one seems to be able to hold their water, they trim and move their product ASAP. That's what contributes to the bottoming out we see every year, IMO. If folks could learn to hold their water, treat that weed like cash in the bank, then prices would remain more steady over time.
Dispensories make a killing but they still have a lot of overhead to pay for like property lease,employees and probably some taxes uncle sam requires. Thats why I stay out of thos places..I wonder how the prices are gonna look like if it were completly legalized , would there be more taxes? will price go up or down?

I just read a very interesting pair of articles discussing that subject with specific regard to Washington and Colorado's legalization and taxation schemes. Lemme see if I can find them (I think they deserve their own thread).
http://reason.com/blog/2013/10/21/how-much-will-legal-pot-cost-in-washingt
http://reason.com/archives/2013/10/21/will-legal-pot-cost-more-than-black-mark

Depending on how these states structure their growing and taxes, legal weed could end up being more expensive than dispensary or black market weed. That sort of undoes the real goals, IMO. But, it also keeps the black market very healthy.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
to be honest, I didn't see the Lb's that sold for $600...so I dont know what the weed was like..
I just heard it from a friend... thats why i dont grow BD...too much of it out there!
why even bother for 600lb, thats insane madness. Ken do you hand trim all your girls?

Yes, I hand trim....I dont think I would trim very much on a 600 lb though :p

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I saw some growers(new growers) sell there whole crop for $500 a lbs. last year. They thought they were into the money, LOL! I know who bought it and he turned it all over for a healthy profit . Yep prices going all over the place this year. I`ve seen some go for 800 and others who have got 1800 per. unit(outdoor). A lot depends on genetics, grow ability (quality) and who you know. Hell some of the krap I`ve seen this year isn`t worth $200 other stuff is really good. Prices always start a little low and build through the year. I try to get a middle of the road price year round and have quality only so yep my stuff is low balled some but I only have a few buyers and they get pampered. Then if I need some help during the year I`ve had a few of them lend me cash or even come out and help me out a few times. I`m really just doing this to get my property going and then I`ll restart my seeds service. Locals who have seen my garden are already buying up my seeds. One wants to do a trade for 10 lbs of mine for 10 lbs of his GSC bud. He said it`s just for personal smoke but then he asked about getting seeds , LOL!

Blaze

Blaze

That price seems pretty common in SoCal. And honestly, no one seems to be able to hold their water, they trim and move their product ASAP. That's what contributes to the bottoming out we see every year, IMO. If folks could learn to hold their water, treat that weed like cash in the bank, then prices would remain more steady over time.

Hit the nail on the head with that one... Most growers are to broke by the time fall comes around they are desperate for cash, and the buyers take advantage of that desperation which causes prices to plummet. Always amazes me how sooo many people are bad at budgeting their funds for the year. Out of all the people I know in our area that grow I can only think of 3 other than myself that 'hold their water'. The other 97% are always trying to dump as much as possible as fast as possible for what ever price they can get.

Latest posts

Top Bottom