how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

you got ripped of mate, half pack for 8 maybe 9if it was really great, maybe 1k with a proper 3month plus cure
Oh I know I got fucked. Knew I would before I asked for it. But my only other connection in my area for bud. And I won't even be flowing anything for at least another month so I wanted something to smoke.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Nebraska actually, I'm sure I could find a better deal if I really tried but it was simple. He's getting hosed too on his prices for the stuff.

D

Donald Mallard

Im amazed at the high prices , in many instances they are more expensive than my country .. yes i understand the growing costs ,
its not sustainable ,
at some point folks with a better climate that can grow outdoor will take over the game , due to their low running costs they will undercut the indoor market by miles ,
its the only sensible way ...
yes outdoor herb will compare to indoor herb as long as they grow good varieties in a good climate ...

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

Perfect outdoor is super tasty and beats mediocre indoor by miles, but outdoor will never produce that elite greasy OG that everyone wants. I don't think outdoor prices have any direct effect on indoor prices because they mostly have two different customer bases. Bargain hunters and pot snobs.

Prices for indoor "chronic" used to be double in the 90s even when the whole state was flooded with $400 mexican bricks. Some of that brick weed was actually green and tasty. Legalization will crater the outdoor price a lot more than the indoor price because indoor consumers will still pay for perfection. A lot of bargain smokers will settle for almost anything if the bag of weed is big enough. I can also see the concentrate market crashing like it did here in CA a few years ago. I think that outdoor in the future will be grown mostly for oil production. An e-cig cartridge with a gram of oil will be less than $10 in a couple years.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

2400 is the top price I see in Socal. There's no way anyone I know pays more than that unless it's the best OG around, and even then it's only gonna be a couple hundred more. That's all private buyers though, I don't know what dispensaries charge because I won't deal with them.

Every guy growing more than his existing patients demand is driving down the price. Every guy growing more than his reputation can move is driving down the price. Every guy shopping his weed around because nobody asked him to grow it in the first place is driving down the price.

If I had a shop and you walk in with a pound that should be worth 24, the fact that you haven't sold it yourself and you are asking a stranger to buy it from you tells me that you can't get 24 for it, so why shouldn't I lowball you? Vendors get treated like desperate travelling salesman because that's what they are.

When you have the right reputation in the right circles, people will have your next harvest marked on their calendar and they will get in contact with you.

This 100%. I found this out the hard way. It's honestly hard enough to get a location, get the funds, build a room, transport supplies, set up electricity, dial in the environment, dial in the nutes, dial in the lights, dial in your feed, cut at the right time, cure the right way, that when all is said and done I think a part that is left unsolved for a lot of growers is getting the product out there.

Brutal business but I absolutely love my work and wouldn't have it any other way.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Perfect outdoor is super tasty and beats mediocre indoor by miles, but outdoor will never produce that elite greasy OG that everyone wants. I don't think outdoor prices have any direct effect on indoor prices because they mostly have two different customer bases. Bargain hunters and pot snobs.

Prices for indoor "chronic" used to be double in the 90s even when the whole state was flooded with $400 mexican bricks. Some of that brick weed was actually green and tasty. Legalization will crater the outdoor price a lot more than the indoor price because indoor consumers will still pay for perfection. A lot of bargain smokers will settle for almost anything if the bag of weed is big enough. I can also see the concentrate market crashing like it did here in CA a few years ago. I think that outdoor in the future will be grown mostly for oil production. An e-cig cartridge with a gram of oil will be less than $10 in a couple years.

I've been told outdoor gets a lot more beta-caryophyllene, so it might be that if what you are saying is true. Although my indoor has tested positive for levels for it too... maybe I have a leak in my room somewhere... brb.

D

Donald Mallard

I think in the right climate , you could produce pot good enough even for those fussy buggers,
and im betting they would have trouble telling the difference,
there are better climates to grow pot than california ....

Its certainly something id like to see happen in my lifetime ,
i think its such a waste growing pot indoors ,
the electric companies and the fertalizer producers take a big slice of the pie ,
it would make more sense to grow it in the best outdoor spot only using lighting to extend days where needed ...

Muckman420

Muckman420

If you put a 3 month cure on 90% of the Colorado weed you would end up with a bag of Shake . :)
that sucks warm hose water, 3 month plus used to be my standard for personal smoke but you cant find it anymore unless you do it your self. proper sfv og with a 3 month plus on it will knock anyones dick in the dirt first pull with almost no caugh an zero throaght burn

Muckman420

Muckman420

This 100%. I found this out the hard way. It's honestly hard enough to get a location, get the funds, build a room, transport supplies, set up electricity, dial in the environment, dial in the nutes, dial in the lights, dial in your feed, cut at the right time, cure the right way, that when all is said and done I think a part that is left unsolved for a lot of growers is getting the product out there.

Brutal business but I absolutely love my work and wouldn't have it any other way.
part of the problem ispeeps jumping in with out a patiant base or someone who can afford to pay for mutiple packs. ive been in the game for awhile just with a different plant, its all in that network, if you aint got one you aint gettin in without puttin in that work.

it os what it is, im just thankfull i know how to grow money PERIOD

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
that sucks warm hose water, 3 month plus used to be my standard for personal smoke but you cant find it anymore unless you do it your self. proper sfv og with a 3 month plus on it will knock anyones dick in the dirt first pull with almost no caugh an zero throaght burn
I totally agree, key word there is proper. 90%+ I see is improper from the start so it just goes down from there.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been doing nothing but outdoor for the last 5 years. Well using tunnels and now greenhouses. My quality has been such that dispensaries/ buyers have taken a double take when I asked for outdoor prices. Because of the drought and the new county land use codes I`m going to be setting up for mostly winter greenhouse growing. It`s going to cost to switch and run with power off grid and CO2 , heaters ,lights , etc. I` expecting less quantity but even better quality. Water supply should be better, less ripper problems and no county code enforcement out in the woods in winter. I also may have time in the summer to go fishing for once ! Also harvest will be in early spring when prices are on the uptake for the year. I`ll also need a larger root seller to keep the stuff cool through summer until I can get it moved. But I`m thinking it will work out for the best. I`ll also have more room to grow a summer crop of organic veggies . Yep prices in Cali will be going down after 2016 when I expect the state laws to change. I`m thinking at first the supplies will be low for demand , but after a good outdoor season the prices will drop to around $1000 -900 a unit for outdoor and slightly more for good to high quality indoor. Maybe indoor will top out at $1200 because of the extra expenses of growing. I don`t think there will be the money in it there used to be at any rate . I also think quality will take a hit unless you grow your own or have someone who is in the know. I expect it will become harder and harder to obtain quality genetics as legalization happens. Seed will still be around but less quality in clones . My suggestion is buy everything available in the way of high quality genetics before the rush in the spring of 2017. People are already hording a lot of the good genetics out there! My plan is to supply a lot of great genetics in seed and clone form by 2016-7 when it becomes legal in Cali for recreational as well as medical. I won`t be around for more than a few years after that as I`m just getting to old and disabled to work. Plan on retiring completely by 2020.( If I can anyway) After that I won`t be selling anything bud, seeds or clones. I should be set up on my property and along with my Social Security and my trust fund moneys I should be set. I`ll stay on my farm as long as my health holds up and then rent it out and move into a senior living arrangement after that. Krap You do get old at some point and have to yield to old age.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I know that light dep will satisfy even the most stringent type of people. It will be the future due to cost, low summer availability, and overall quality!

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

Where I'm from the prices are quite nice... very nice outdoor for as low as $600/p. Everything is blackmarket here. Strain variety is decent. what dealers have around here is pretty impressive. There's a popular strain called "blue domino" can be got at $1600/p that's top grade indoor.

frebo

frebo

Been doing nothing but outdoor for the last 5 years. Well using tunnels and now greenhouses. My quality has been such that dispensaries/ buyers have taken a double take when I asked for outdoor prices. Because of the drought and the new county land use codes I`m going to be setting up for mostly winter greenhouse growing. It`s going to cost to switch and run with power off grid and CO2 , heaters ,lights , etc. I` expecting less quantity but even better quality. Water supply should be better, less ripper problems and no county code enforcement out in the woods in winter. I also may have time in the summer to go fishing for once ! Also harvest will be in early spring when prices are on the uptake for the year. I`ll also need a larger root seller to keep the stuff cool through summer until I can get it moved. But I`m thinking it will work out for the best. I`ll also have more room to grow a summer crop of organic veggies . Yep prices in Cali will be going down after 2016 when I expect the state laws to change. I`m thinking at first the supplies will be low for demand , but after a good outdoor season the prices will drop to around $1000 -900 a unit for outdoor and slightly more for good to high quality indoor. Maybe indoor will top out at $1200 because of the extra expenses of growing. I don`t think there will be the money in it there used to be at any rate . I also think quality will take a hit unless you grow your own or have someone who is in the know. I expect it will become harder and harder to obtain quality genetics as legalization happens. Seed will still be around but less quality in clones . My suggestion is buy everything available in the way of high quality genetics before the rush in the spring of 2017. People are already hording a lot of the good genetics out there! My plan is to supply a lot of great genetics in seed and clone form by 2016-7 when it becomes legal in Cali for recreational as well as medical. I won`t be around for more than a few years after that as I`m just getting to old and disabled to work. Plan on retiring completely by 2020.( If I can anyway) After that I won`t be selling anything bud, seeds or clones. I should be set up on my property and along with my Social Security and my trust fund moneys I should be set. I`ll stay on my farm as long as my health holds up and then rent it out and move into a senior living arrangement after that. Krap You do get old at some point and have to yield to old age.

Supply and demand. I sold four strains to a local medical dispensary after my outdoor harvest for $1600/lb. They have sold all but one strain and it was the lowest % of THC of the group. The dispensary owner told me they are not selling "Bud" unless it is 23% or higher and most of their sales are for "vapepens" and CO2 and butane hash oil. You would love my 20 to 21% fruity strains but I can't sell what I have left. I grow mostly for my patients but in our climate I can easily grow more than we can all use. With legalization of recreational on July 1 there will be more of a glut on the market. The state wants to "reign in on the medical farmers" because the recreational dispensaries will not be competitive with the medical dispensaries after the state adds a tax and now the county has voted in another tax. Everyone thinks they should make money off this wonderful drug but around here it is just too excessively available.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

the people making money are the ones finding innovative new ways to package their product and more efficiency in the growing process. I'm doing a gorilla grow this summer outdoors solely for the purpose of making hash and edibles. There's also perpetual harvest techniques using autoflowers outdoors. You can easily harvest 3 times a season with auto's.. get a high thc strain use all those buds to make hash, concentrates, edibles... Even offering variety packs... We gotta see dispensaries offering "exclusive genetics" where us the growers can work very closely with the dispensary.. If we were to adopt the fairtrade mentality where the farmer is truly recognized for their efforts and work. We should be able to make a living growing and selling medicine. always be at the forefront of research sio you can keep up with what's going on in the cannabis community. this Rosin stuff is popular right now. I know the dispensaries are the one packaging and making the kits and whatnot at the store front. But maybe us growers can offer pre-assembled smoke kits. you know 3 different strains some hash, concentrates some candies and cookies all in a package. To get the tourists buying that stuff.

Top Bottom