how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep if water wasn`t bad enough the local governments have gone loco with regulations! This plays into prices even more than the drought does I think. And I don`t see this going away with some rain like the drought will.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I'm curious how your county is responding to the state's new legislation. My county has responded by making cultivation even more difficult and restrictive, and they've now made violation of ordinances a misdemeanor with financial penalty and/or jail time.

So far, nothing. About a month ago, they tried to sneak a town meeting where they wanted to hear from the pro cannabis group. They changed the time, and didn't advertise. However, the people in my county were on it, and showed up with decent numbers and argued their side of the story. That lead to the local government to hold off, and stated they might stay with the state law.

I am sure things will change.

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

This just past in southern cal east of LA
No colletives It soon be like this in all of Ca
This will keep prices up.
Riverside County Marijuana Cultivation Ordinance 925
marijuana-cultivation.png

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Why don' they limit the amount of Tomatoes one can grow? Watermelons? Tobacco?

How ridiculous would it sound if the government told you, "you can only grow 3 tomatoes, 2 watermelons, and a 5x5 space for tobacco." More government fools making rules. Wouldn't the world be better if we all just had personal responsibility? Instead of having a government telling you what to do and how to do it? Shameful politicians.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

must have a medical card given out by riverside county...... So now not only Obama wont let you keep your doctor, but these fools are now creating a monopoly in their city. That sounds fair........and totally unconstitutional.

12 plants with one person
24 with two people
24 with 30 people..........sounds fair right?

All plants must be reasonably secured........ What does that mean? Let me translate, no guns, so security, no defending your property in an event of theft. However, we wont state what is needed, that way it's always a gray area and people will always be subject to breaking this undefined law.

All plants must not be visable from any public right of way........ Great. Tobacco, food crops, medical crops have never had this rule. What does this mean? Let me define for you....

A right of way is a type of easement granted or reserved over the land for transportation purposes, this can be for a highway, public footpath, rail transport, canal, as well as electrical transmission lines, oil and gas pipelines.

So in other words, you can't have your garden that can be seen by foot traffic of any kind, and clear of any electrical, oil and gas pipelines. So anybody have a garden that a PG&E guy can't see when he is serving your electrical pole?

Each building or outdoor cannabis cultivation must be set back 10 ft from property line....... Well, that means millions of people are excluded from being able to grow. Most properties have a set back of 4 ft from their property line. So if you live in a city or suburb in a standard 50x100ft lot, your screwed.

Must have a letter from property owner with permition to grow cannabis..... Taking away your right to privacy. That is constitutionally protected. How many land lords do you think will sign off on this? Makes sense you don't want a huge factory in your rental property, but one or two outdoor plants in the privacy of your back yard or garage is out of the question?

How many constitutional laws are being broken in this ordnance?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's 100' set back here! We're only being allowed the 100'sq for personal, no caregiving, no other businesses so related. They've added to the fine schedule as well as making violations a misdemeanor now.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

So city government are writing criminal law now? Super scary. People don't understand the repercussions of redefining the American constitution. Hold on people, 2016 is going to be a bumpy ride.

Hope people don't decide it's time to start having influence in these politicians personal lives. Let them know what's at stake. You keep writing draconian laws, there will be push back. City officials are very exposed and vulnerable. Just saying, that's the only end to this game. Keep pushing people and taking their rights, it's going to get ugly fast.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
County government, and legally they absolutely can do it. What gets to me is that previously all such violations were violations of the building code, not civil or criminal. So, yeah, you could be fined for being out of compliance, but there's a process that has to happen firt (same in this scenario) and the fine was $100, not $500, and nothing on your record.

Basically what my county wishes to achieve is to get rid of cannabis entirely without looking like they have no compassion. But, if you read the new guidelines they're making it impossible for most people who aren't on larger tracts of land to grow.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
If they didn`t want the Wild, Wild, West ,why are they gunning for cannabis growers? If they push prices up all they will do is get outlaws growing out of compliance and more problems than they had.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Lol! Just wait, after they put limits on you guys the dispos will be setting up 100,000 sq. ft warehouse and green houses. You guys need to put a stop to legalization!

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

California Cannabis Hemp Act of 2016

This is the only way to go.
go sign the petition and go vote CCHI 2016

Prohibits any and all taxation of medicinal cannabis, and expands the accessibility of medicinal cannabis used in accordance with Proposition 215. Requires all state laws and local ordinances that conflict with CCHI be repealed or amended to conform. Prohibits cities and counties from imposing discriminatory, excessive, or prohibitive zoning requirements and fees on cannabis outlets.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
This is the only option out there that will make Cannabis both legal and us free. It will be 4 years until we get a chance like this again, and you won`t like ether the states new laws or any of the other amendments . They are all about only allowing the few to make the money and everyone else is just a cow in the field.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
California Cannabis Hemp Act of 2016

This is the only way to go.
go sign the petition and go vote CCHI 2016

Prohibits any and all taxation of medicinal cannabis, and expands the accessibility of medicinal cannabis used in accordance with Proposition 215. Requires all state laws and local ordinances that conflict with CCHI be repealed or amended to conform. Prohibits cities and counties from imposing discriminatory, excessive, or prohibitive zoning requirements and fees on cannabis outlets.

This is the only option out there that will make Cannabis both legal and us free. It will be 4 years until we get a chance like this again, and you won`t like ether the states new laws or any of the other amendments . They are all about only allowing the few to make the money and everyone else is just a cow in the field.

CannaBidz

CannaBidz

Riverside is FUCKED, but you know what San Bernardino is even Worse, Can't wait to see what SB county comes up with now that Riverside has released their bullshit agenda, I can Almost guarantee it will be far worse than Riverside... Atleast Riverside has allowed dispensary's up until now, SB still doesn't have a single Legal storefront dispensary.

We set up a dispensary "on paper" back in 2010 the county just 3 weeks later put up a moratorium banning all storefront locations, then they sent the Sheriffs dept after all the Delivery services... So now... check this shit out 5 years later we are being hit by the state for over $5,000.00 in back taxes on profits that we never made because we never set up the dispensary... funny how they want their TAX money even if you don't make any money !!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Render unto Cesar what is Cesar`s, through a pizza at them! (hold on to the beer)

Latest posts

Top Bottom