how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joeca1i

joeca1i

Might be a good idea to post up a GanjaTrader on here?Cause I can't find shit on BT or WL.

fractal

fractal

Probably a conflict of interest. Besides this is a small, quit community of dedicated growers it would attract a bunch of the wrong kind of people i think, openly advertising product here.

Clawmark

Clawmark

Took some advice from here and started knocking on doors, but it aint easy dealing with certain personalites doing the buying at dispensaries. They all start off with consignment bullshit then move into " its flooded out there ", followed by leave a sample and we'll get back to you. My last batch I paid to have lab tested myself so its certified clean and I have always grown full organic, no BS, but its getting to point where even Im considering turning to the darkside and pumping up the yield with PGRs. I would mosdef be able to compete in this lowball market if I could comfortably lower my price 25%. Kind of like an athlete who has to turn to steroids to compete or get outta the game. No matter how good u are naturally u cant survive against chemistry no matter how dangerous .

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Honestly claw i know where your coming from but screw those dispensary buyers that try to bullshit and lowball you,tell them 'grow your own then' or buy from some kid growin in mommys closet or backyard,topshelf rarely comes from there.I beleive if dispensaries are gonna sell weed they should also be responsible for the quality of it and if there are chemicals or bugs present they should be sued for providing a harmful product for human consumption,even a contractor that does work on an inantimate object has to be bonded and insured but SOME dispensaries think they can just do anything that makes them a buck to the public with no repercussions.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Honestly claw i know where your coming from but screw those dispensary buyers that try to bullshit and lowball you,tell them 'grow your own then' or buy from some kid growin in mommys closet or backyard,topshelf rarely comes from there.I beleive if dispensaries are gonna sell weed they should also be responsible for the quality of it and if there are chemicals or bugs present they should be sued for providing a harmful product for human consumption,even a contractor that does work on an inantimate object has to be bonded and insured but SOME dispensaries think they can just do anything that makes them a buck to the public with no repercussions.

I agree 100% - in order to sell to these clubs there should be some sort of process to get 'certified' and the product should be tested better...I've seen children in high school whose parents let them grow in the backyard, pon their shit at the clubs. Then you have the guy who is attempting to make a professional business out of it, get screwed...All because that little fuck will take half price for his shit. And don't get me started on consignment...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Consignment is a joke,Are dispensaries willing to fill out a credit application and let me lien their personal property to protect my investment?Thats what i have to do if i want a loan to expand/build my business,why should they be any different?
As a dispensary you are either legit or your black market.
Legit=non profit,insured,above board,everything in the open and on the table,legitimate suppliers who grow a clean product,care about the community.
Blackmarket=For profit,under the table,everything on the down low,get the product from whoever will bring you the highest return on investment,sell to whoever has the cash.
I think almost all the dispensaries fall into the blackmarket category unfortunately,im sure there are exceptions but they are the minority.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Consignment is a joke,Are dispensaries willing to fill out a credit application and let me lien their personal property to protect my investment?Thats what i have to do if i want a loan to expand/build my business,why should they be any different?
As a dispensary you are either legit or your black market.
Legit=non profit,insured,above board,everything in the open and on the table,legitimate suppliers who grow a clean product,care about the community.
Blackmarket=For profit,under the table,everything on the down low,get the product from whoever will bring you the highest return on investment,sell to whoever has the cash.
I think almost all the dispensaries fall into the blackmarket category unfortunately,im sure there are exceptions but they are the minority.

lol, exactly - then they wonder why the FEDs want to shut them down! I talked to a cat yesterday that described several clubs in LA he deals with that will take as much as he can bring, im talking 100+ elbows. Mites, mildew...whatever....It's all greed these days.

fractal

fractal

Took some advice from here and started knocking on doors, but it aint easy dealing with certain personalites doing the buying at dispensaries. They all start off with consignment bullshit then move into " its flooded out there ", followed by leave a sample and we'll get back to you. My last batch I paid to have lab tested myself so its certified clean and I have always grown full organic, no BS, but its getting to point where even Im considering turning to the darkside and pumping up the yield with PGRs. I would mosdef be able to compete in this lowball market if I could comfortably lower my price 25%. Kind of like an athlete who has to turn to steroids to compete or get outta the game. No matter how good u are naturally u cant survive against chemistry no matter how dangerous .

First off you should switch to a vertical system that will increase yields per watt by at least 25% probably more. Then look into Aptus products they are expensive but the results I've seen are the first time ever a nutrient additive has really done something amazing. Buds at 5 weeks look like normal buds at 9 weeks, and the finished plants with Aptus juice are just unbelievably huge and healthy. I never before Aptus saw a bubba kush cola the size of a soda can. High yielding strains will pump out footballs. Vertical with aptus could possibly increase yields per watt by 50% more than you're pulling with horizontal reflectors and standard nutrients, like 3.5 pounds per 1000w light no problem. The catch is you might have to run more plants than you are comfortable with.

Clawmark

Clawmark

Thx frac, Im starting by cutting out my low yielding signature strain thats kept me in the game for quite a few years...the lowball prices just finally caught up. I'll keep it around for me and mine and genetics but im mosdef moving into the high yielders again combined with a new nute program. Always believed if its good enough for me personally then others should be able to enjoy it as well. In this cutthroat market a conscience and altruism are luxury qualities not easily affordable anymore.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Lol so its ok for someone who's illegal to come run down my wages take jobs from me, but its not ok for someone too grow weed cheaper than you....lmfao. welcome too the real Fucking world. Grow big or go home.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Lol so its ok for someone who's illegal to come run down my wages take jobs from me, but its not ok for someone too grow weed cheaper than you....lmfao. welcome too the real Fucking world. Grow big or go home.

You should post that in the Mexican labor thread.

I think I know what your saying..and I think you make a good point

ESER.ONE

ESER.ONE

First off you should switch to a vertical system that will increase yields per watt by at least 25% probably more. Then look into Aptus products they are expensive but the results I've seen are the first time ever a nutrient additive has really done something amazing. Buds at 5 weeks look like normal buds at 9 weeks, and the finished plants with Aptus juice are just unbelievably huge and healthy. I never before Aptus saw a bubba kush cola the size of a soda can. High yielding strains will pump out footballs. Vertical with aptus could possibly increase yields per watt by 50% more than you're pulling with horizontal reflectors and standard nutrients, like 3.5 pounds per 1000w light no problem. The catch is you might have to run more plants than you are comfortable with.

Anything with a good nutrient uptake will give you that nugg size at week 5..

Healthy roots is all you need.. feed the ROOTS bro and they will reward you.. no need to switch to aptus to get those results.!!

I get my nutrients from A1 and I get results just as good if not better than hydro bought stuff.

fractal

fractal

For sure you want to use a mycorrizhae product for the roots they work great. I used something called Rick's Monster Grow and I was getting insane root mass in promix. The fungi colonized the medium so well it turned into a spongey mass that felt like a rapid rooter plug, one solid squishy bacteria filled zone of happiness for the roots and smelled like forest humus, that fresh clean mushroomy smell of the forest floor after a rain. The surface roots were like as thick as my thumb, on plants in 2 gallon pots that were only 15 inches tall. That is a big part of the equation for high yields. But nothing I ever saw compares to the results poeople are getting with that Aptus stuff. It really is a huge development and if you do everything else right, then use Aptus facilitator or whatever it's called your buds will get bigger than you thought possible. It's not a placebo effect that's for sure.

N

NorcalCapo

I know people mad that there not getting top dollar right now. Fuck I use to by outs for 32 a p now I'm paying 8 to 12 for same quality even when it's not harvest season. In sorry people will pay good money ofntbeu really want it, and yes there are alot of people with cut rate product but I have a group of great vendors serving top notch mess for 24 and less because they don't want to deal anyone else and I have the network to get donations from all over the state for the stuff. Supply and demand. I would NEVER pay more than 3 for top notch any more period. With advancements in equipment and nutes and genetics it's getting cheaper and cheaper to produce good product. Shit I've seen people grow ridiculously crazy good meds off t5's and they were still getting 22 for fulls. Call me new school but things change. Now that in my county with the capital that we only have like 8 to 15 brick n mortar places and bunch of not even half way decent delivery services the market is slightly going back up. This is the first year I've noticed greenhouse and light dep going for as much as 18 on 5 and up. If I have to get 400 less on half harvest till the market goes up oh well. If your not happy with what your getting chances are you did it to yourself or people can find same quality for less. I'd rather keep paying my 18 to 2 for dream and strawberry cough and deal with half o shake at bottom and pay 22 to 26 for GDP gsc Chem ww and og and deal with little shake than pay 3 to 35 for same quality just no shake. We have a 4 trillion dollar debt and twice as many people on welfare, it's a down economy, deal with it. If you don't like prices find new supplier and take it where you can get the mark up. I go from nor cal to so cal. Where I get bomb greenhouse for 14 to 16 I get 2 to 24 and that's at harvest season after first of the year I'm getting 22 to 28.

L

Liberanos5

too bad the clubs rip us off still at $60 a 1/8th....these clubs are out of hand on their prices....they are paying approx $15 per 1/8th....whats that a 300% markup.....rediculous.....
You gotta love capitalism eh? The "profit motive" has the last word.........1/8 in a Michigan dispensery $50 for the mid grade medicine!! Never over $60 for "hammer time" herb.........wish I knew what they pay a gardener for a #! There may be other michigoonies on here that'd know that.....@ $2000/lb. That'd be around $13.21 in cost. They must have a good union!!! Dental and the whole 9!

L

Liberanos5

I can see it now.....................................The U.C.W. (United Cannibis Workers). Go ahead and laugh. They laughed at Walter Reuther too while Henry Ford the first had his thugs kickinng his ass. It's Detroit after all, where the weak are EATEN!...............Go TIGERS!!!

L

Liberanos5

The question I'd love to see an answer to is how much are dispenseries PAYING THEIR EMPLOYEES??? Are any publically traded? :eek:

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

The question I'd love to see an answer to is how much are dispenseries PAYING THEIR EMPLOYEES??? Are any publically traded? :eek:
shit some of the employees are making bank like 20$ an hour just for bud tending

fractal

fractal

Pounds are still getting good prices in michigan aren't they? I thought dispensaries up there were still paying 32-38 at least.

Top Bottom