how to:molasses

• Thread starter ukbigbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukbigbud

Hi all, i was thinking of using ANs bud candy from the start of flower, but ive been told to just use molasses instead?? however there are many types. Which type is the best and more important how and to what ratio do i mix it into my res??

many thanks uk

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

The molasses that is the best is the organic unsulphured blackstrap kind.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Around me molasses only costs a few dollars but the "nutrient" companies charge 5 times as much for their molasses based products. Three dollars beats twenty each and every day in my book and never seen a noticeable difference in results. Your mileage may vary.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I grow in soil...How often can i feed my plants Molasses?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I use the earth juice hi-brix. Nice stuff. I give it to my plants once a week at 15 ml per gal as a treat on drip to waste coco.

-TF

symbiote420

symbiote420

I just was looking at that high brix molasses last week, for the price I'll stick to regular molasses.
Bud Candy smells like molasses as well, just cost more though.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
The Earth Juice MFP says that the ingredients are more plant friendly then straight molasses. Not sure about those claims. I run the EJ line so I like to stick with it. Plush I haven't found a good reliable source of molasses yet, other than MFP. I use it mainly to feed the Great White benes, which I add every other week. I use Rapid Starter in between Great White applications.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lby0y2wr0KI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

J

Jalisco Kid

I buy from a feed lot for 18 bucks for a 5 gal pail to feed my benies. If you grow herb that tastes bad enough you want to change the flavor I used to use double malted barley molasses that added a distinct flavor I could live with. JK

Venom818

Venom818

I buy from a feed lot for 18 bucks for a 5 gal pail to feed my benies. If you grow herb that tastes bad enough you want to change the flavor I used to use double malted barley molasses that added a distinct flavor I could live with. JK

will molasses alter my flavor ? also if im using molasses should i still be using products like carboload or is it the same stuff

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Hey JK have you found substitutes for all of the typical hydro store nutes? I would like to find a way to do this locally. I figure that all NPK and macros can be found locally if you know what to look for. Any suggestions JK?

Venom, I'm pretty sure carboload is doing the samething, maybe just a synthetic version of molasses? I used to use liquid carboload and liked it. Then I tried to stay as organic as I could and use MFP.

Cheers,
Crom

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I went and looked and "earth juice hi brix" just happens to be the one I have.

But it says on the bottle to use it every 4 weeks

and it say's 1 to 2 tsp per gal.

So if I mix it weaker I can use it more often?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I use it about every 2 weeks and then every other water for the last 2 weeks

I just think 1-2 tsp gal is a waste - prolly not hurting anything but still

G

greeniegal

NOooooooo using sugar will convince the plant it is in final stages and cause it to finish early effecting yeild. Use in making compost tea.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks ML...

Thanks for everything Bro!

:)

Venom818

Venom818

Hey JK have you found substitutes for all of the typical hydro store nutes? I would like to find a way to do this locally. I figure that all NPK and macros can be found locally if you know what to look for. Any suggestions JK?

Venom, I'm pretty sure carboload is doing the samething, maybe just a synthetic version of molasses? I used to use liquid carboload and liked it. Then I tried to stay as organic as I could and use MFP.

Cheers,
Crom

that's what i figured

Top Bottom