HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

I haven't got anything set up yet but have purchased a lot of products to get going.

I already had a couple hundred 1 gal smart fabric pots from several years back.

Bought 2 of these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SRXPHT1?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Have a hundred foot of 3/4 inch line, 200 ft of 1/2 and 250 ft of 1/4. . Gonna put Ts in the 3/4" and have 1/2" line coming from the Ts down the middle of 2 rows. 1/2 coming from the 1/2" pipe.
One of my grow rooms is 15 x 12 and I'm planning on filling it up. Not sure on how many pots I need in their? Not wanting big plants maybe hip tall. But want a full canopy.
Do you have air pockets in the lines where the last plants get a lot of air instead of nuts?
Do you need a return line to the rez tank with a valve to pump the air back to the tank and also use it to control psi?
How do you keep the water siphoning out of the 60 gal barrel?
Does each emitter need its own 1/4 line or can I put 3 on one run to the pot? For example 1/4" line going to pot. Have a 4 way coming from the 1/4 line, have 3- 1/4" line with 2 gal emitters on the ends around the pot?
I've also thought of just using 1 line to the pot. Use a 3 way and just use a 1/4" line with small holes punch in the line and have em shaped in a ring around the plant watering all the way around it.

I've grown outside and in a greenhouse for around 30 yrs but inside only a dozen or more. Used to grow in a stadium setup where I had well over 300 plants in 1 gal bags. 1000s on a light mover bare bulb. Then went to dwc then rdwc. Still be doing that but got grey algae and battled that for a year.
I like the automation of rdwc but not the headache of disease in the water. Running sterile or using beneficials does nothing to stop grey algae. Had UV inline running 24/7 water chillers, auto PH dosers, etc. Nothing can contain the grey algae. So I'm switching to coco

I've already washed 10 bricks of coco and charged them with solution. Just trying to figure out the setup the first time and no screw ups cause emitters clogged in week 5. I'm running 2 gal emitters but don't know if they will clog up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I haven't got anything set up yet but have purchased a lot of products to get going.

I already had a couple hundred 1 gal smart fabric pots from several years back.

Bought 2 of these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SRXPHT1?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Have a hundred foot of 3/4 inch line, 200 ft of 1/2 and 250 ft of 1/4. . Gonna put Ts in the 3/4" and have 1/2" line coming from the Ts down the middle of 2 rows. 1/2 coming from the 1/2" pipe.
One of my grow rooms is 15 x 12 and I'm planning on filling it up. Not sure on how many pots I need in their? Not wanting big plants maybe hip tall. But want a full canopy.
Do you have air pockets in the lines where the last plants get a lot of air instead of nuts?
Do you need a return line to the rez tank with a valve to pump the air back to the tank and also use it to control psi?
How do you keep the water siphoning out of the 60 gal barrel?
Does each emitter need its own 1/4 line or can I put 3 on one run to the pot? For example 1/4" line going to pot. Have a 4 way coming from the 1/4 line, have 3- 1/4" line with 2 gal emitters on the ends around the pot?
I've also thought of just using 1 line to the pot. Use a 3 way and just use a 1/4" line with small holes punch in the line and have em shaped in a ring around the plant watering all the way around it.

I've grown outside and in a greenhouse for around 30 yrs but inside only a dozen or more. Used to grow in a stadium setup where I had well over 300 plants in 1 gal bags. 1000s on a light mover bare bulb. Then went to dwc then rdwc. Still be doing that but got grey algae and battled that for a year.
I like the automation of rdwc but not the headache of disease in the water. Running sterile or using beneficials does nothing to stop grey algae. Had UV inline running 24/7 water chillers, auto PH dosers, etc. Nothing can contain the grey algae. So I'm switching to coco

I've already washed 10 bricks of coco and charged them with solution. Just trying to figure out the setup the first time and no screw ups cause emitters clogged in week 5. I'm running 2 gal emitters but don't know if they will clog up.
I'm gonna have to go over this tomorrow. Lots of calculations to do and a fair bit of info I need to go over. I'm not so sure those pumps will work as you really need the pressure as well as the flow to create even watering especially with that many sites. Its a lot bigger so I have some math to do and im a bit on the high side.

Plus watching the hockey game and getting dirty looks for being on the phone lol.

Gimmie some time tomorrow to make sure I give the right info

Fudge

Fudge

How expensive would an auto watering set up be for just one plant?
Maybe not what you were thinking, but very cheap and works very well jus add a small water butt to it.

Or this and use a catering tray covered in mylar, with a hole cut in for your pot to sit in

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
come on bro... don't be skerred. all the new things, every round. that's the only way the High Times Cup winners grow 🤣
Here's what happened:
A couple months ago, I tried to grow mushrooms (big disaster) and I had a left over bag of coco.
A few days ago I ordered my soil and I was supposed to be able to pick it up the day after so I germinated a seed thinking by the time it's ready to be planted, I'll have my soil.
Then I found out that the soil wasn't going to be ready for a while so then I remembered I had the coco. So once the seed was ready, I planted it in the coco and now I find out the soil won't be ready to pick up until friday-monday.
It is now a seedling so I'm thinking about whether I should try to get it into the soil or just continue in coco or just kill it and start again when I get my soil.
I go to my cottage every other week for usually 2, sometimes 3, days so coco without a watering system is pretty much off the table.
I'm already using a new light and nutrients this grow so I'm trying to keep everything else pretty simple (clearly not working).

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Here's what happened:
A couple months ago, I tried to grow mushrooms (big disaster) and I had a left over bag of coco.
A few days ago I ordered my soil and I was supposed to be able to pick it up the day after so I germinated a seed thinking by the time it's ready to be planted, I'll have my soil.
Then I found out that the soil wasn't going to be ready for a while so then I remembered I had the coco. So once the seed was ready, I planted it in the coco and now I find out the soil won't be ready to pick up until friday-monday.
It is now a seedling so I'm thinking about whether I should try to get it into the soil or just continue in coco or just kill it and start again when I get my soil.
I go to my cottage every other week for usually 2, sometimes 3, days so coco without a watering system is pretty much off the table.
I'm already using a new light and nutrients this grow so I'm trying to keep everything else pretty simple (clearly not working).
go with it bro. so long you have enough coco to fill enough root space to hold water for your cottage weekends, and it buys you time to get through. do it to it. you'll end up converting to coco 100% because you'll think "why tf was i so hellbent on dirt when I can get these growth rates/healthy plants/yields from coconut husks"

it happens to the best of us. we really need a recovery group, CCANON.

Here, I'll start.

Hi, I'm tobh, and I'm a recovering coco addict. I've gone off the deep end now and moving further into RDWC but coco showed me the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom