HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
justice8965

justice8965

I was pretty resistant to some of the claims on the impact crop steering has made in this industry . I mean that in general terms not just watering but kept an open mind on it. If done properly its as beneficial as nost claim but also like anything you apply it improperly and you can have negative consequences. One of this stuff is really plug and play atleast to the full extent many like to think it is.
To me it’s something to master after environment, and basic watering
Absolutely. My irrigation strategy and efficiency is something I wanted to really work on this run. Hence the new watering system. I didn't even start the crop steering till week 4 of flower or so I didn't do the important generative steering during stretch. Next run flower will be steered start to finish. Hoping to get the stacked colas you see the industry guys getting

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

😞 guys this friendship is off to a rough start and i get that but ima have to see if i can get this cleaned up so others can find information.

Observationist

Observationist

😞 guys this friendship is off to a rough start and i get that but ima have to see if i can get this cleaned up so others can find information.
yes sir, sorry to jack such a tantamount thread, i will take my leave.

Observationist

Observationist

Is that really your third or fourth cycle. I know you mentioned this is your 4th cycle. Usually most have advanced beyond your results in such time. But some take longer than others!!!!!!!!!
cause aeroponics isnt advanced at all or anything, pretty basic simple stuff there, that i also mixed with coco and learned how to grow in coco right here from aqua.

back to the perlite drying out, yea it dries fast, dryback is a bit more critical there, but seems to grow faster due to more gas-exchange as stated above, and i like the challenge.

my only issues have been algae and automatic watering, not in my budget right now for that, and algae is simple fix, not letting the light in

im not trippin about it, just want these to finish so i can reset and go to the next grow, which will be aimed more toward Yield.

Last edited:
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Hey Aqua thanks for the oxygen rhizosphere study - been a good read!
btw - roots can absorb CO2/bicarbonates and they have a metabolic pathway to process that, some even seems to enter starch production in the leaves. BUT... I'm not able to find anything on this on cannabis and believe the amount is rather small, though in C4/CAD/CAM plants it seems to matter a bit.
Maybe one day we'll know more about how to make use of this. As for now, atmospherical CO2 levels still rise so hemp will perform better with each year xD (and hopefully help to remedy our biosphere!)

Observationist

Observationist

btw - roots can absorb CO2/bicarbonates and they have a metabolic pathway to process that, some even seems to enter starch production in the leaves. BUT... I'm not able to find anything on this on cannabis and believe the amount is rather small, though in C4/CAD/CAM plants it seems to matter a bit.
Maybe one day we'll know more about how to make use of this. As for now, atmospherical CO2 levels still rise so hemp will perform better with each year xD (and hopefully help to remedy our biosphere!)
So roots can absorb co2 as well? And do a little?

well well well

Observationist

Observationist

Anytime. I know this is the coco thread and she's a soil scientist, but the study of Co2 absorption thru the roots piqued my interest
Of course, and I figure it would still carry over somewhat atleast to other medium grows.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey @N1ghtL1ght yes if my memory serves me right you are correct and if I remember correctly its an insignificant amount. If i were to hazard a guess based off memory it would be a survival tactic involving ATP.

I appreciate the correction here and one of these days i wouldn’t mind chatting to pick that brain if you dont mind. I have a feeling you could teach this water boy a few things.

WaitWut405

WaitWut405

Wow wish i saw this thread earlier today been having a hell of a time finding a hp pump. I definitely just bought way to big of a pump at the hydro store lol fack gonna have to return and get a hydro lock most likely... just bought a 706 gph ecoplus elite series and lol way to big for my 18 plant setup not trying to power wash them XD

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wow wish i saw this thread earlier today been having a hell of a time finding a hp pump. I definitely just bought way to big of a pump at the hydro store lol fack gonna have to return and get a hydro lock most likely... just bought a 706 gph ecoplus elite series and lol way to big for my 18 plant setup not trying to power wash them XD
What’s your setup it may work

WaitWut405

WaitWut405

What’s your setup it may work

man the specs on this pump are just too gnarly, its 26 psi start pressure and like 46 psi max pressure (90 feet of lift?!) but thats at a 1 inch diameter mpt nozzle and my lines are 1/2 inch, says not to reduce the lines. I imagine the pressure becomes ridiculous in a 1/2 in tube especially if the total length is under 30 feet. i will most likely keep it for the watermelon patch irrigation, seems to be more fit for an application in a much larger scale like 100+ emitters.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

man the specs on this pump are just too gnarly, its 26 psi start pressure and like 46 psi max pressure (90 feet of lift?!) but thats at a 1 inch diameter mpt nozzle and my lines are 1/2 inch, says not to reduce the lines. I imagine the pressure becomes ridiculous in a 1/2 in tube especially if the total length is under 30 feet. i will most likely keep it for the watermelon patch irrigation, seems to be more fit for an application in a much larger scale like 100+ emitters.
Are you going to be running open ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom