HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey @Aqua Man question for you. When you see a nutrients with NPK of let's say 4:4:4 . Is the nitrogen part quoted as nitrates ie NO3- or is it elemental nitrogen ie N.
Its a total N i believe , ammonium, nitrite and nitrate.

it wont be the elemental

B

benjones

You didn’t flush the RO unit first did you?
i ran about 50 liters through the RO before i used it .

the 250ppm to 500ppm is just my tap water without any filter. for some reason it has doubled in the last few days . there was a problem with the supply to my town so that might be the problem .

thanks for replying

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OK so providing that all the total nitrogen is in a nitrate form. Does the required ppm of nitrogen reflect the total nitrates or do you only check the % of N in NO3 as you nitrogen ppm.
I go by the ppm of nitrogen. the % is more for the ratios. the ppm of N desired also changes based in the ratios. Some ferts run lower N ratio but higher ppm and vice versa

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i ran about 50 liters through the RO before i used it .

the 250ppm to 500ppm is just my tap water without any filter. for some reason it has doubled in the last few days . there was a problem with the supply to my town so that might be the problem .

thanks for replying
Ok ao they probably added more chlorine or chloramine and increased the buffer. This is common when you have high amounts of rain, in spring or fall also you will see major changes

Zombierider

Zombierider

Saturation in coco is base off of your aeration amendments.. ie perlite and the dynamic of a proper mix to promote a low water table within your pots. @Aqua Man can better explain the water table part. Once you have a proper mix of perlite to coco.. you can never overwater.. trust me I get only 2 days or sun per week.. storm on the other days. Treat coco as if it was hydroponics and you will get amazing growth.

The practice doesn't apply to cannabis alone.. pics below shows a 1 week difference.
View attachment 1298703

AFTER.. flowers after a week.
View attachment 1298701View attachment 1298702
Hell yeah homie, those tomatoes are fricken champs, I always knew coco was the Best! I started growing in coco and have done soil with outdoor crops, and yeah dude the coco ones annihilate the soil growers. I pretty much just water till some run off comes out a few times a day till harvest, but I'd like to learn about the water table thing, @Aquaman do you explain the water table with coco in this thread?

M

MasterCookie

Hell yeah homie, those tomatoes are fricken champs, I always knew coco was the Best! I started growing in coco and have done soil with outdoor crops, and yeah dude the coco ones annihilate the soil growers. I pretty much just water till some run off comes out a few times a day till harvest, but I'd like to learn about the water table thing, @Aquaman do you explain the water table with coco in this thread?
@Aqua Man saved my 15 yrs of self research. Just from this thread. I can't express how grateful for coming across this thread. No BS just straight facts. In 1 month time.. everything was fixed. Now there is no limit to what I can grow. Plus it pays to have 20000 gal Aquaponics system with 200ppm nitrates 200 ppm of calcium and 150ppm of potassium dissolved in it... it makes it so much easier to ammend and water the coco till runoff. Game changer 🙌.

These are some Japanese cucumbers I harvested for seeds. Look at the sizes of these cucumbers!!
Screenshot 20221104 091633 Gallery

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The water table for staight canna coco is about 1-1.5” IME so you get a much higher air holding capacity. This is the reason why coco needs to be treated differently than soil and you need to water waaaay more often.

if you look at the first oost I recommend the ratio of perlite to coco for different size pots. Personally i prefer taller skinnier pots for a higher air to eater ratio in the medium

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man saved my 15 yrs of self research. Just from this thread. I can't express how grateful for coming across this thread. No BS just straight facts. In 1 month time.. everything was fixed. Now there is no limit to what I can grow. Plus it pays to have 20000 gal Aquaponics system with 200ppm nitrates 200 ppm of calcium and 150ppm of potassium dissolved in it... it makes it so much easier to ammend and water the coco till runoff. Game changer 🙌.

These are some Japanese cucumbers I harvested for seeds. Look at the sizes of these cucumbers!!
View attachment 1299339
Beautiful

Zombierider

Zombierider

The water table for staight canna coco is about 1-1.5” IME so you get a much higher air holding capacity. This is the reason why coco needs to be treated differently than soil and you need to water waaaay more often.

if you look at the first oost I recommend the ratio of perlite to coco for different size pots. Personally i prefer taller skinnier pots for a higher air to eater ratio in the medium
The floraflex pots I use are taller and skinnier and they seem to work well so that much be why, higher air to water ratio. Nice! Thanks for the insight

Zombierider

Zombierider

View attachment 1299339
Aquaponics looks so cool, would love to set one up one day!

B

benjones

hi @Aqua Man . i flipped my plants about 3 days ago . i have kept the same feeding schedule of
0.2 tap water
silica
0.2 calmag ( 0.4 )
bring the nutes up to about 1.5 in total
then add epsom salts which brings EC to 1.6
fulvic acid

now i am flowering do i just maintain this or should i gradually raise nutes depending on how they are looking .

also , a friend has given me a packet of sweet candy and a packet sea k from the greenleaf nutirent line which he didn't want. are these worth using ?

Zombierider

Zombierider

Yea it very cool especially if you don't get the kind of rain that I get on a daily basis.

How all my weeks are..
We get plenty of rain here in Virginia, but not as much as the northwest n stuff. Do you choose strains that are resilient against mold and humidity related issues? Thinkingnabout growing one outdoors next summer but worried about the rain/humidity since im just experienced in indoor growing. Cheers!

M

MasterCookie

We get plenty of rain here in Virginia, but not as much as the northwest n stuff. Do you choose strains that are resilient against mold and humidity related issues? Thinkingnabout growing one outdoors next summer but worried about the rain/humidity since im just experienced in indoor growing. Cheers!
Funny you mentioned mold.. I literally today lost a tree to a rapid mold growth..

20221109 111259

I don't know my strains. There is no way of identification of strains in our country. Unless we buy a seal package with known strains.. (very illegal practices)

One thing I noticed that first generation clones of the same plant seems to build a bit more resilient to mold.. I don't know if that coincidence or if others notice that as well.

20221109 111307
20221109 111314
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom