Hows The Weather In Your Neck O The Woods?? And What Are You Doing Today???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Finally got snow, 4 - 6 inches, here in the U.P. of Michigan. Temps in the low 20`s. First snow since the 6 inches on Oct.17.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Just read a report that the Sierra Nevada's are now 120% above average snow pack and 111% above average rain fall. The drought it officially over. :smoking:

Woke up at 4am because my back hurts. Wife wants me at a new years party tonight.......I will be the guy asleep in the chair at 9pm. I will just hold an empty beer and say I passed out.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Weve had at least an inch or two of snow, usually more, every day for a few weeks. Ski conditions are exceptional right. Did my first skin up at one of the local hills today. Got lost on the way down and ended up on a road outside the resort about 3 miles from the base area. Started walking and hitched a ride back down with a guy who spoke no English. Luckily my pathetic Spanish allowed us to communicate and I got back to where I need to be.

Wishing everyone a healthy, happy, peaceful, and prosperous 2016.

outwest

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Baby  it cld

Baby it's cold outside....

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

sunny and freezin out today . man , i gotta work in garage . i gotta start my process on some base shoe. First step apply nior black reactive stain , luckily only 350 linear feet........ But then it takes two coats noir , bleach 3 times ,lay down some clear oil then rub white hardwax into the grain and 2 more coats clear then alchohhhhal sealer and two coats waterborne finish. Juts like my floor i did. Man you know what ill be doing the next week. lol. oh , today i gotta work on the cieling in bedroom from being speared by tree in last storm too. Man , i hsopuld have checked the roof afetr the storm , instead i waitited two weeks and bammo ,.Bedroom cieling not look to good. lol. then i get to do the cove and base molding and get it ready to install.. fun stuff.lol. Happy new year all ............

dalai farma

dalai farma

Sunny, crystal clear day but chilly. Nice frost on the grass in the backyard. All NW mountains out in full glory. Reports of migrating grey whales down south along OR coast. BEAUTIFUL last day of the year.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Coldest night predicted, 6 below..
will put baby goat in heated milk room with momma.
Also rigged up additional heat...
Propane fired heats up house quick like in addition to wood heat..
Was used in greenhouse ate up propane to heat so moved inside.
Real nice..
Got all exhaust vented, gas line no leaks, co2 detector...
Look a little hillbilly but WTF over....
Bumped up heat in house 20 degrees in about 1 hour

DSC 0059
DSC 0060
drewski85

drewski85

I Live at arguably one of the best breaks on the east coast. We don't get as large of swells as the west coast but it breaks harder and the water gets warm enough were you don't need a wetsuit for 4-5 months out of the year.

drewski85

drewski85

Sometimes. When the blues are thick, they seem to be everywhere. Sandbars,channels,around structures.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
warming up a bit today, highs in low 40s
Worked full day yesterday still wheezing and hacking at least I got some sleep last 2 nights.
Wife is now sick as well so I will take care of her, rest up and take a nice nap this afternoon...
Remember what my friend Joe sang, I just love this and still miss him so..
Love ya man..

xavier7995

xavier7995

Watching the stock market. China fell apart last night and this morning is interesting domestically. Don't think the US is going to fall much though, but I am hopeful it does as I don't think market values are based in reality and are still being propped up by easy money policy. Insert long freaking rant about this here. I get as worked up about the stock market as people do about spraying Eagle 20 on plants. I just want the markets to deflate a bit because housing prices should come down with it.

Its sorta cold and wintery out, but not terrible. Having some coffee and getting ready to do some plant care. It keeps me nice and centered.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Snow last night couple three inches, 31 out.....Chores and house keeping....
Back in the day china wasn't shit..
Now what go's on there affects us?
WTF?
All I can say is I for one sure am blessed and lucky to be in the position I am in at the moment...
2 more years, will retire collect SS, fish and feast and farm.
Farm paid for, got Obama care if needed, I rarely see Doctor's need no meds, our garden and kitchen provide those, but in case of accident bring it on..
Heartbroken bout the little kitty...
Keep calling but she don't come like she should..

xavier7995

xavier7995

Snow last night couple three inches, 31 out.....Chores and house keeping....
Back in the day china wasn't shit..
Now what go's on there affects us?
WTF?
All I can say is I for one sure am blessed and lucky to be in the position I am in at the moment...
2 more years, will retire collect SS, fish and feast and farm.
Farm paid for, got Obama care if needed, I rarely see Doctor's need no meds, our garden and kitchen provide those, but in case of accident bring it on..
Heartbroken bout the little kitty...
Keep calling but she don't come like she should..

Eh, world economies and whatnot. China is always considered an up and comer; the problem I see is that they grew their economy far far to fast and it is just always going to be fragile. It is like building a road without laying down the necessary layers of gravel and whatever; they just dumped a bunch of asphalt so its going to be full of cracks. There are a whole bunch of factors, but the US raising our interest rates seems to have kicked off China tanking; US markets didn't react negatively to the rate increase but we are reacting to the fall in the Chinese stock market.

Trying to get the hell away from dealing with stuff like the above. I love the stock market and trading, but damn it attracts the worst people I have ever met and I just want to cut them out of my life and never deal with them again; if I gotta drop my stock market enjoyment to get there then so be it.

edit: hope your cat shows back up, when i was a kid I had one that would take off for days at a time. just had a rambling spirit i guess.

And I totally lied, its not nice out at all, just looked over and its snowing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom