HPS light superior vs current led tech?

• Thread starter DIYDanny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

speaking of bowl tokes... its 11am and that means its lights on in the garage! woohoo! toke time ye boi

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

I pick up what you are laying down buddy, fear not ! I have just seen more reasons than not to trust kingbrite thats all

R

RolandNiels

I pick up what you are laying down buddy, fear not ! I have just seen more reasons than not to trust kingbrite thats all

At this price it doesnt really matter does it?

Unless you really want a quality light, i would also try it. If it's any decent SMD, they will be powerfull no matter what.

But please take my advice and buy yourself a lm301b board, dont go with that 6500K.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

i know its tricky to remember but this should help sir.

Their has the word heir in it, which can act as a reminder that the term indicates possession. There has the word here in it. There is the choice when talking about places, whether figurative or literal.They're has an apostrophe, which means it's the product of two words: they are.

english is a confusing language, sorry for being the grammar police lol, i am not usually that guy i swear.. my grammar is not even good lol

Ace9137

Ace9137

i know its tricky to remember but this should help sir.

Their has the word heir in it, which can act as a reminder that the term indicates possession. There has the word here in it. There is the choice when talking about places, whether figurative or literal.They're has an apostrophe, which means it's the product of two words: they are.

english is a confusing language, sorry for being the grammar police lol, i am not usually that guy i swear.. my grammar is not even good lol
Sounds like you are helping this person out, nothing at all wrong with that.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I don't think watching helps its grow but I kinda have a problem when I'm in the garden I need led sunglasses or sunglasses in general or maybe it does it's so beautiful the BEAUTIFUL BLINDNESS

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I don't think watching helps its grow but I kinda have a problem when I'm in the garden I need led sunglasses or sunglasses in general or maybe it does it's so beautiful the BEAUTIFUL BLINDNESS
Those LED's are doing damage to your eyes and won't even realize it until it has happened, so you really should wear some sunglasses or specific LED glasses.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I have some sunglasses I do where now cause I did realize it the first time I was in my tent I was like dam this shit LIKE GOD COMING DOWN 😂🤣I do wanna get led specific ones tho

Ace9137

Ace9137

I have some sunglasses I do where now cause I did realize it the first time I was in my tent I was like dam this shit LIKE GOD COMING DOWN 😂🤣I do wanna get led specific ones tho
wear sunglasses, you will form cataracts if you don't, I had eye surgery recently, not related to lights, and it was not fun going blind.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Hi All
First time on forum. Or any forum😕
Anyway I took 6 cutting from my mother plant last night and put into a bubble Cloner I made from stuff laying around.
Question is I've they survive and grow a fair amount under the 9x 18w leds I've got what light would I flower them under in 2x1 meter space in 20l buckets thinking of 1 x 600w HPS but unsure If led tech has surpassed HPS ? I have to spend money so might as well buy best option for them obviously for the largest yield
Any help appreciated
something don't smell right. DIYDanny couldn't google to answer his questions. but smart enough to be a DIY guy smdh. 2nd post in my damn email that maDE ME SCRATCH MY HEAD.

Ace9137

Ace9137

something don't smell right. DIYDanny couldn't google to answer his questions. but smart enough to be a DIY guy smdh. 2nd post in my damn email that maDE ME SCRATCH MY HEAD.
You are right, That is probably the only thing from this whole ordeal that really has merit.

R

RolandNiels

Want to hear the funny part?

18W LED Chips does not exist, the whole point of LED tech is. The smaller the LED, the more efficiency you can pull out of it. This means the most efficient LED chip is 0.00000000000 something watt.

If he really did grow alot with hes 18watt leds ":D", i would suggest him to try the new ;-)

R

RolandNiels

Lm301b currently the best.chip for QBs?

We ran alot of test and to be honost, the chip is only part of the setup.

But yes i would anyday tell you to go for lm301b, if you want budget but still the best 561c. But you have to remember 301b is made in different bin.

Truth is the setup, which drivers are used, the parts between, thedistance of the chips, the chip amount, what are they run at and we could continue forever, there are so many factors that come into play.

R

RolandNiels

Were they talking about diodes or (9) LED lights that are 18 watts each?

In hes quote:

DIYDanny said:
Hi All
First time on forum. Or any forum😕
Anyway I took 6 cutting from my mother plant last night and put into a bubble Cloner I made from stuff laying around.
Question is I've they survive and grow a fair amount under the 9x 18w leds I've got what light would I flower them under in 2x1 meter space in 20l buckets thinking of 1 x 600w HPS but unsure If led tech has surpassed HPS ? I have to spend money so might as well buy best option for them obviously for the largest yield
Any help appreciated

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I'm thinking he hasn't been back and may not because he got scared off by all the back and forth that was going on..? Or maybe he is looking somewhere else for answers now. The world may never know!

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Depends where you live I think. I'm in Canada, electricity is cheap and it's cold outside most of the year so for me HID is a no brainer. I use it for heat as well as light. And it grows top shelf pot.
If I were in the southern US in a place where it's always hot and electricity is expensive, LED would be much more attractive to me.
I'm not trying to be some weird troll as a newbie I am curious though. I'm trying to get ready for my first time I planning on starting with White Widow feminized or auto flower, after talking to MiMed and 780z. That being said what would be the best lighting setup indoors in lower New Mexico, Southwest USA? Thanks in advance for any help.

Top Bottom