H

heisen

Whos are those?

Not sure why its not letting me quote the pictures above with the frosty buds

BioStimz

BioStimz

Whos are those?

Not sure why its not letting me quote the pictures above with the frosty buds
Oh the ones I posted? That's mostly all In House Genetics gear - the first and most amazingly frosty one is Slurricane (Dosidos NorCal cut x Purple Punch).... Never seen anything else that tops it in terms of trich-density.

~

chillywilly

chillywilly

Yeah you're right @BioStimz, the UV which is usually in MH and cmh...the hps lighting IR... Infrared bulks the flowers because of it's penetrating nature, does not do anything for oil/trichome production, the reason for the change of lightning usually during the last two weeks... now I had talked to a fellow years ago on lighting, he declared that the IR would other 'undesirable' quality in cannabis being higher CBD, CBN that many now are making 'medical' claims...true that genetics is key...
cw

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Iirc Philips 940 cmh has a 8.1uv rating at 24", the 930 has a 7.7 uv rating at 24".

See the comparison link I posted in the club 315 thread for graphs.

H

heisen

I know what you didn't mention.... but should have ; )

UV lighting

The concentration of THC increases linearly with increased UV.

~
Like i said.I have grown the same under clones under HPS and CMH and the difference was to negligile to make that much of a difference.my wife is a a+ stoner and could not tell

BioStimz

BioStimz

Like i said.I have grown the same under clones under HPS and CMH and the difference was to negligile to make that much of a difference.
That's not really supplemental UV. On the next run, consider trying dedicated UVB sources.... then bump this thread. I'll bet your answer will be different.

~

Leew421

Leew421

I have added UVA and UVB supplement lights and honestly the only difference I have found is that they are less uv burned when I don't use them. The leaves are not crispy when I hang them. As suggested harp on genetics to get the frost and terps then work on environment. Adding supplemental uv didn't make too big of a difference on potency just how it looked.

Leew421

Leew421

I added fixtures to my Spydrx rack. I raised the lights up way more since they were on. Was going for more trichs and potency based on reading. I like to try stuff out. I actually use red spectrum t5s in the fixtures now

20171025 203812
H

heisen

This subject has been beat to death on other forums.I have researched it in and out and came up with the conclusion that it's really about temps.
If uv gave us more trichs than all outdoor weed would be frosty as fuck.
I have ran multiple phenos under the same light in the same nutrient buckets and there would always be that 1 plant that was triched up potent as fuk.than there would be a couple that were garbage.
It' genetics and cooler temps played a bigger role.thinking your gonna turn a less potent plant into a triched out monster by adding uv Will lead to disapointment.this is just what I have observed

BioStimz

BioStimz

I added fixtures to my Spydrx rack.
How many watts per-bulb?

How many bulbs total?

What percentage of UVB emission was the bulb?

Were you using high-output T5 UVB?

These factors can make a significant difference.

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

Look.... I've only seen the data which supports the 280-315 nm wavelength for increased THC-levels/trichome-density. It's also what I use.... no UVA.

And @ 54-watts at 320-390 nm.... it's no wonder your ladies got toasted

Stick to UVB.

~

Latest posts

Top Bottom