Hps Vs Cmh Vs Led

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

I don’t. But I am curious.
All I know is my gavita controller reads the wattage used. It fluctuates between say 998 and 1003. That controller is hooked and daisy chained their the ballasts. Not the bulbs. Whatever that means

It means it should read the power draw of the whole unit, not just the bulb. If you know the efficiency of the ballast you can calculate the power on the bulb.
Not at all.its just a digitize version of the power knob on the ballast for dimming output. It has no reference to the actual wall power use . None of you ever used a killawatt meter or even a hand held voltage tester I take it lol.put it this way,the best hps system puts out 2.0 Umol/joule,that being the gavita 750w flex fixture running off 240v . And a good led system like hlg550 or proteckgro or chilledtech hits about 2.4 Umol/j . Where a 1000w de fixture is 1.7 to 1.9 depending on brand and lamp combo.cmh falls between hps and led in efficacy.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Not at all.its just a digitize version of the power knob on the ballast for dimming output. It has no reference to the actual wall power use . None of you ever used a killawatt meter or even a hand held voltage tester I take it lol.put it this way,the best hps system puts out 2.0 Umol/joule,that being the gavita 750w flex fixture running off 240v . And a good led system like hlg550 or proteckgro or chilledtech hits about 2.4 Umol/j . Where a 1000w de fixture is 1.7 to 1.9 depending on brand and lamp combo.cmh falls between hps and led in efficacy.
Well at least I run 240. Got that goin for me. Haha

Toaster79

Toaster79

Never used one of those controllers. The only thing I use is a power meter on the wall. Now my light for example pulls 315W, take 12W for the fans and about 10-15% off for the driver losses and I'm left with 250-270W of actual light in a 1m square tent (10.76 sqr'). Im at 1gpw all day long with multiple strains in soil.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
My 315 wat cmh pulled 356 watts at the wall. I have since switched to all QB led boards now.

MI.Woody

MI.Woody

Not a question just gonna do a comparison of them all.Been wanting to do this for a while.I built a new building and the Flower room is complete so I'm getting everything set up.Running all clones.Ill mix up the clones under each light setup to see the differences if any and the lights im using is as close as i can get it for wattage.The HPS are 1000 Watt single ended which is probably close to a 750 to 800 DE so they will be 1000W
The CMH will be 630 watts,2 315'sand the LED is 750 watts of COBS.15 cobs total.

Each will be setup over a 4x5 in DWC so no mix ups in nutrients or lockouts.The lights will be the only factor that separates them.Gonna do a 5 week VEG and than flip.ill be running CO2 also.
One of the hoods im gonna run a Metal Halide 5000K 1000W bulb and the other 1000W HPS bulb.Just to see if running an HPS from the beginning or the HID will make any difference.After I switch to flower ill put the HPS in the hood and run both HPS from there out.
I know the wattages are not all identical but feel they are pretty close comparisons for what people prefer for 1000W equivalent setups.
I can already tell you this much.The 500 watts of COB Led is the brightest shit over the totes right now.
Another thing i have a LUX meter app and the 600W MH is getting owned by the 315 CMH.
i can put the meter under the MH and get readings from 25,000 to 42,000
Under the CMH with half the wattages im getting from 26,000 to 60,000.I always try and get over 28,000 to 45,000 for these size plants and on through the grow seems to be the sweet spot.
So without further due ill get this thing started.Ill keep it updated and post final weight results and grams per watts ETC .

View attachment 794134

View attachment 794135

View attachment 794136
THANK YOU. I am recommending our group uses a LED based on the newest COB technology. We likely will contract it and maintain control of critical parts, using high Bin parts, high efficacy/CRI.
Woody

G gnome

G gnome

I have always eased off. They are just ripening by that point. They dont need a lot of feed to ripen up. You can give it to them. does not mean they are using it.
Thats not true at all....plants pack on a lot of mass during the "ripening" phase. Just ripening? Nah. At wk 6 ur just getting to the middke of flowering w most plants. If u did everything right up to that point those last wks leading up to the flush....they shud be growin like a som bitch.

H

heisen

Q​
Thats not true at all....plants pack on a lot of mass during the "ripening" phase. Just ripening? Nah. At wk 6 ur just getting to the middke of flowering w most plants. If u did everything right up to that point those last wks leading up to the flush....they shud be growin like a som bitch.
mine are getting bigger by the day,they always do at the 6th week it just seems like there demand for nutrients seem to taper off,Maybe they require less nutrient to build flowers than to build all that stem during the stretch.plants eat sunlight and use nutrients to convert into plant mass.

Rcubed

Rcubed

Q​

mine are getting bigger by the day,they always do at the 6th week it just seems like there demand for nutrients seem to taper off,Maybe they require less nutrient to build flowers than to build all that stem during the stretch.plants eat sunlight and use nutrients to convert into plant mass.
I think they're pulling nutes from the medium and the plant at this stage as opposed to just the medium which explains the slower uptake

stutter

stutter

well your right week 6 they probably still building flowers im more referring to the last few weeks once they stop building new calyx and just start bulking. the swell and ripening. just always saw what heisenburg is witnessing in hydro, they just seem to back right off on their feeding. since seeing that i have always eased off my feed towards the end to start easing them into a nice flush. never lost any yield because of it

hillbil

hillbil

I use organic recycled mixes and most plants get watered less as they ripen, sometimes dramatically less. I water at a certain weight on a kitchen scale so they really are using less water at that time.

G gnome

G gnome

well your right week 6 they probably still building flowers im more referring to the last few weeks once they stop building new calyx and just start bulking. the swell and ripening. just always saw what heisenburg is witnessing in hydro, they just seem to back right off on their feeding. since seeing that i have always eased off my feed towards the end to start easing them into a nice flush. never lost any yield because of it
I dont agree w that either....the last few wks of flower leading up to flush they shud be eating and drinking just as much if not more than they ever have up to that point.
Why do u think bloom boosters w super high pk numbers are intended for use during the final 4 wks of flower. If ur plants r finishing strong and if u grew them right up till then u shud be watering and feeding a lot.

I use organic recycled mixes and most plants get watered less as they ripen, sometimes dramatically less. I water at a certain weight on a kitchen scale so they really are using less water at that time.
then i wud take a look at ur process and ask urself just like @heisenbubble is "why r my plants not finishing strong? "

The only time i experience a decline in water consumption towards the end of flower is when my plants are not at their potential.

I grow a lotta different strains and no matter which one it is if everything is goin good my plants r goin hard up to the end.

G gnome

G gnome

Anybody can can keep a plant healthy in veg and thru mid bloom. But really good growers have thriving plants up to the end. Not trying to insult anyone but its just the way it is. I see it all the time on here. All the best growers have healthy thriving plants even at chop.

So the question is...are u harvesting ur plants or salvaging em?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
then i wud take a look at ur process and ask urself just like @heisenbubble is "why r my plants not finishing strong? "

The only time i experience a decline in water consumption towards the end of flower is when my plants are not at their potential.

I grow a lotta different strains and no matter which one it is if everything is goin good my plants r goin hard up to the end.
My wife likes me to finish strong and hard as well!

Top Bottom