Humboldt County afraid of being uprooted from pot perch

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cali Grower

damn. i thought it was good to vote yes. glad i read this thread though, now i'm voting no. f*ck washington, we need the top shelf bill, not the shwagg bill. lol

O

ograskal

Last warning..Keep thingz on topic and quit it with the insults!...~ogr

R

radical farmer

hahah! Love the pic OGR! I'm guessing thats supossed to be a "troll" too? Priceless. Gotta love the gore! haha

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I think it needs more blood myself,and maybe a picture of Richard Lee under the hammer!

j wizzle

j wizzle

Where you going to smoke all that`legal` weed when you can go to jail for smoking in front of a minor? A minor acording to this law is anyone under 21 years of age ,even your sons and daughters just back on leave from service in Afganistan! How about that public park? Nope could be a minor around,don`t want to go to jail now do you? Not at a baseball game ether! well you will be able to buy a beer there but no pot smoking! Get the idea? Taxes? controls? regulations? FU Richard Lee!

im going to blaze in my house, where i should go to blaze. i blaze all day every day, but i dont want a bunch of people blazing all day at a park or the mall. if im at a mall or a park, im going to go sit in my car, take a toke and go back outside to do my thing.....like a civilized person. i dont want to go to a park and have a bunch of 18 year olds toking and shit like that. walking around like they can do whatever the hell they want....

you cant drink at a park....you cant drink in public unless its permitted.

The industrialization of cannabis production might take a year or two before all of the industrial grade trimming and propagation machinery is designed, tested and implemented. But make no mistake, machines are far more productive than humans and you will see major advancements in the technology within a short time. You would only need a couple of people with advanced degrees in commercial agriculture production, a few people to clone and transplant and a few more to prepare the plants for the trimmers, dryers, and packaging machines. Now just hire a truck driver to deliver your product to a distributor. With less than a dozen well trained people you could produce hundreds of pounds monthly, daily, hourly, your only limited by your imagination, resources and product demand.

this is also a bit ignorant...what is better, buying food at a huge grocery store or buying from the local farmer?

the commercial pot is going to be just that....commercial pot. its going to be just like fruit, a ton of weight with no flavor.

People selling outdoor will tell you they already have problems finding markets for their products as the demand for their cannabis is lowered by the overwhelming supply of high quality indoor being produced on such a massive scale under the current medical marijuana laws. It won't take corporate agriculture very long to adapt to the demands of the consumer, their quality standards and start cashing in.

exactly my point...the mostly lower grade outdoor isnt moving as well, its being replaced by higher quality indoor....whats the problem again?

Lost is right this initiative doesn't seek to repeal any of the medical marijuana laws. But that doesn't mean it won't have a serious effect on the medical marijuana economy as a whole... I'll get into this point in a minute.

I agree 2nd hand tobacco smoke kills, but I'm not aware of any evidence that supports 2nd hand marijuana smoke is harmful.

ITS SMOKE....ITS HARMFUL.....

go to a campfire and sit there and inhale...its not healthy for you. its ash and hot air, period. it may not cause cancer, but smoke is harmful period.

Good question where in this bill does it offer this protection to parents. If consumption isn't allowed when minors are 'present' will cultivation be?

if you are a medical patient, then you have a right to cultivate and smoke in your own home. this bill shouldnt change that. if there isnt specific language in the bill that states this overwrites current medical marijuana laws, then they stay the same as they currently are.

At medical dispensaries, yes, this law doesn't seek to remove their rights but there real question here is whether or not retail outlets will be able to sell to people with doctors recommendations that are between 18-21. Remember this initiative strictly criminalizes the sale of cannabis from people 21 and over, to people 18-21.

Adults 21 and over 5x5 per residence, as long as no minors are present. Nowhere in the initiative does it grant rights to dispensaries to cultivate. It does however seek to create a commercial cannabis industry that would be regulated by the legislature. This initiative places no restriction upon commercially licensed growers, legislators might choose to do so. Will people licensed for retail sales be able to possess more than an ounce?

Correct, patients rights won't change. What will change drastically is how patients acquire their cannabis. Here's my argument.
Right here this initiative puts dispensaries on notice saying were going to be targeting your customers and will try to provide them with 'easier and safer', hmmm wonder why they didn't say cheaper? To argue these points simply, prop 215 let local governments regulate dispensaries within their cities. Some cities have 4, others have more than a thousand. Most are trying to limit and locate dispensaries in typically industrial and somewhat dangerous neighborhoods, which begs to ask where will all these easier and safer retail outlets be located when local governments are trying to hide medical dispensaries?

nowhere in prop 215 does it state that cities are allowed to regulate...it states people can collectively grow 1 garden or cooperatively grow multiple gardens....

so right there, you are showing you have no true understading of the laws which you speak of....

dispensaries are illegal, plain & simple. there is NO LAW that allows for retail storefron distribution.

Where in prop 215 or sb420 do the laws specifically allow him to sell thousands of plants to dispensaries statewide. Aren't these dispensaries required operate on closed loops, being supplied solely by its members? How is he able to operate with such impunity within our state, while clearly profiting in a non-profit industry?

it CLEARLY states that the MAJORITY of member must reside in CA. 10 coops can be members of each other under CA law. they dont have to be in the same county...or even the same STATE

and to say this guy is making a profit....HAHA please. he may be making a profit off the idustry with oaksterdam, but im fairly certain his dispensaries are operating under non-profit laws.

non-profit doesnt mean you cant make money, a salary, or pay expenses. he can have 5 cars and still be non-profit. you really think the feds would let someone get this large and not come in if he wasnt operating legally under CA law?

Edux, there were plenty of problems with prop 215 when it passed. It took 15 years of legal battles for the medical cannabis laws to afford us the protections we enjoy today, and there are still many people being arrested and awaiting their trials today. Not 1 other medical marijuana initiative has been placed on the ballot since prop 215 that would either restrict or enhance the medical marijuana laws. The truth is, if this initiative passes there won't be another that replaces it until the federal government decides to regulate and control cannabis on a federal level, and then we'll all be competing with the alcohol, tobacco and pharmaceutical companies who stand to lose the most should Americans choose to medicate or recreate with cannabis. Considering how slowly Washington moves it might take a while.

The problem with voting for this flawed initiative, with its unnecessarily restrictive limits that leaves regulatory controls in the hands of corrupt politicians, is the other states that choose to follow California's lead will be placing the same or worse restrictions upon their citizens. Favoring consumerism, industrialization and taxation over the true enhancement of personal liberties and freedoms. You can see this same thing happening all over the country as states that move to legalize medical cannabis are placing ridiculous limits upon patients and even outlawing home cultivation all together. Forcing these patients to be dependent on 'state approved' cannabis.

I think we should all wary of the intentions of people who seek to involve government control and taxes into more areas of our life, while pretending to be enhancing or extending our personal freedoms. Its a compromise none of us have to make.

i agree that we should strive for personal freedoms....but im also realistic and understand how the world works. you can keep dreaming, but the reality is, the world and the way it works isnt changing anytime soon.

S

SkyHi

im going to blaze in my house, where i should go to blaze. i blaze all day every day, but i dont want a bunch of people blazing all day at a park or the mall. if im at a mall or a park, im going to go sit in my car, take a toke and go back outside to do my thing.....like a civilized person. i dont want to go to a park and have a bunch of 18 year olds toking and shit like that. walking around like they can do whatever the hell they want....

Um this is the land of the free? Your allowed to smoke cigs at parks in public? Do you really feel Mj is on Alcohol level?

you cant drink at a park....you cant drink in public unless its permitted.

This is weed not alcohol!!!!!

i agree that we should strive for personal freedoms....but im also realistic and understand how the world works. you can keep dreaming, but the reality is, the world and the way it works isnt changing anytime soon.

Keep dreaming or keep thinking that way and voting on stupid bills..then i will never change....People when through this shit in civil rights, slavery, and womans rights did it change for them?

P.S i dont like saying rude shit but get of his nutz bro (rich lee)

j wizzle

j wizzle

Keep dreaming or keep thinking that way and voting on stupid bills..then i will never change....People when through this shit in civil rights, slavery, and womans rights did it change for them?

P.S i dont like saying rude shit but get of his nutz bro (rich lee)

1st, you need to calm down and actually have an intelligent discussion if we are ever going to get anywhere with this industry anyways. look at what you are posting and ask yourself if any of that even made any sense....

youre so far off its not even funny.

you cant come off as trying to have an intelligent discussion when youre only point against the bill is FUCK RICH LEE....

i dont give a fuck about rich lee, i could care less if he gets hit by a bus.

the point im making is this...the house bill that went up and didnt pass had the same reaction as this bill....DONT PASS IT, WE ARE ALL GOING TO LOSE...

now i answer your question with a fact from that previous bill - it gets support in here, but then fuck rich lee...

same reaction as before, now old bill is good, this bill is bad.

next bill, rich lee bill is going to be good, but new bill is bad.

same road over & over again.

you have to have a starting point. i dont think it went from slavery to equal opportunity in a single bill did it?

this is possibly a step in the right direction.

all im asking is this.....HAVE YOU READ THE BILL? DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND IT?

from reading this thread alone, it suggests neither. at least i can come up with the fact that you dont understand it, cuz you are asking some fairly ignorant questions.....

i just want to have an intelligent discussion BASED ON FACTS.

so far, the people who are against this bill have said big biz and rich lee are out to fuck over the world, and they probably are. but i have yet to see anyone put out any substantial FACTS that can support this claim.

i havent had the chance to sit down and read this bill yet, so im neither for or against it at this point. i simply want to have a FACTUAL discussion, not something where people are predicting the downfall of the marijuana industry because they dont like big biz or rich lee.

j wizzle

j wizzle

Um this is the land of the free? Your allowed to smoke cigs at parks in public? Do you really feel Mj is on Alcohol level?

This is weed not alcohol!!!!!

i know a ton of cities that dont allow cigs to be smoked at a park....and yes, weed and alchohol are on very similar levels. ive blazed for well over 15 years, i now have children of my own. i do NOT want them smoking, drinking or blazing until they get to a certain age/maturity level. i blaze and drink in front of my kids all the time, they will probably blaze when they get older and im 100% cool with it. but i also dont think its my right as a FREE citizen to impose my habits on other people or their children.

this is the problem with some of you people. its all about the glory glory aspect of marijuana. to suggest its all positive is plain ignorance.

people want to throw the word freedom around like its candy. its not the freedom to do whatever you like. its the freedom to make choices within a civilized socitey governed by law... it doesnt mean you can smoke a joint wherever you please. there are appropriate places to do that, and a park full of children is not appropriate

S

SkyHi

i know a ton of cities that dont allow cigs to be smoked at a park....and yes, weed and alchohol are on very similar levels. ive blazed for well over 15 years, i now have children of my own. i do NOT want them smoking, drinking or blazing until they get to a certain age/maturity level. i blaze and drink in front of my kids all the time, they will probably blaze when they get older and im 100% cool with it. but i also dont think its my right as a FREE citizen to impose my habits on other people or their children.

this is the problem with some of you people. its all about the glory glory aspect of marijuana. to suggest its all positive is plain ignorance.

people want to throw the word freedom around like its candy. its not the freedom to do whatever you like. its the freedom to make choices within a civilized socitey governed by law... it doesnt mean you can smoke a joint wherever you please. there are appropriate places to do that, and a park full of children is not appropriate

YOu added the children no body said a park full of children let me know when you read the bill...and im at work to busy to actually compile a rebutle....plus there are no facts to argue againts

The Joker

The Joker

FWIW,

California is very strict when it comes to second hand smoke. We are also in a drought and we have days posted where they ask not to light fires in your fireplace because of smog issues.

So second hand smoke is second hand smoke. I hate smelling cigarettes and I would imagine that a non smoker would hate smelling pot smoke too. It's selfish to think "my rights" without thinking about how our actions affect others.

I didn't realise how great the smoking laws were in Cali until I went to Michigan and some fat slob was sitting next to us in a restaurant eating massive quantities of fat and chain smoking... next to his baby.

If you ever want to make yourself feel healthy and fit, go to the midwest. Sorry to be off topic, back to the "debate".

S

SkyHi

FWIW,

California is very strict when it comes to second hand smoke. We are also in a drought and we have days posted where they ask not to light fires in your fireplace because of smog issues.

So second hand smoke is second hand smoke. I hate smelling cigarettes and I would imagine that a non smoker would hate smelling pot smoke too. It's selfish to think "my rights" without thinking about how our actions affect others.

I didn't realise how great the smoking laws were in Cali until I went to Michigan and some fat slob was sitting next to us in a restaurant eating massive quantities of fat and chain smoking... next to his baby.

If you ever want to make yourself feel healthy and fit, go to the midwest. Sorry to be off topic, back to the "debate".

I feel you, but one thing is to say no smoking in restricted areas the other is AT ALL in PUBLIC becasue PUBLIC is considered any where outside your PRIAVTE RESIDENCE ....i can find plenty of places IN PUBLIC where NO ONE would NOTICE SMOKE or be AFFECTED....plus this is just a minute detail in the bill....

4EVERGREEN

ive read the bill that got the signitures a few times and its a curve ball, its tricky!! 3 people could read it and have 3 different understandings, i dont care about smoking outside i care about what it takes away!! it takes away everything we have worked for in prop 215, i say vote no and spread the word!!!

D

Dubwobble

Here is the text of the bill:

It's a pretty quick read.

It can be considered the "21+ legal liquor type" approach.

I don't see how it is a corporate takeover by anyone in particular... I mean the sh*t has to be regulated somehow, and will probably be based on the current liquor and cigarette laws. It leaves it open to local governments to raise revenue generated by pot related business transactions, not the federal goverernment.

It doesn't state anywhere about over-riding current medical laws.

And at the end it states that it is open to amendment to increase future limits.

It's funny how the medical community is pitted against the legalization effort, how did it ever get this way ???

I agree though, I like it the way it is now as a med patient. I don't know how I feel about this bill at all.

IN theory it sounds good.

Maybe I just won't vote at all...?

Illmind

Illmind

The govt needs to just stick to hemp and leave the chron growing to the people who have been doing this for centuries. IMO they just sat back and let the MMJ patients and growers do all the leg work now that it's on and cracking they like we'll take it from here fuck that. You can take deez nuts from here.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I think that this day has long been coming. Will there be some competition from big businesses? Yes. Will there be some new big businesses formed? yes. Does this mean the end for humboldt county? no. Why? As said earlier, people will always desire a better product. Now maybe the day of growing any strain, and still be able to sell it for 2000 a lb will be gone, but that will only be in the local economy. I don't think seed companies are the answer either, you will just allow for a creating of monsanto within our industry and we definitely don't need that. I think this is just a bigger version of the medical effect, there will also be 49 other states who will not have legalized it which lets be honest, they are the majority of the income for outdoor humboldt growers anyway. So exports will go up, cost of bull shit smoke will go down. But, the price for the best genetics grown in the most cared for fashion, indoors or out, will still fetch a super high price. It is just not that easy to grow the super kill on a commercial scale, and like the beginning of any other industry the time will be ripe for cali growers to smarten up and make this more of a business in their states. Don't be afraid of the competition, you cali growers are like 4 decades ahead of the game! Now is the time to start shutting up about how shit gets done! Trade secrets!

S

SkyHi

It scares me how eaealy some ppl will lay down and roll over...if at pure principle alone...im voting NO....

Illmind

Illmind

It scares me too. Because you gotta factor in the large group of non card carrying potheads that are thinking right now 'man legal! nice im gonna roll a doobie and smoke it in public and nobody can tell me shit' these obviously the people who just seen vote for legalization and aren't savvy to the actual bill. Which is why it is important for people to spend time and money educating the masses and getting people to vote no, unfortuantely the other side has a lot of money and political suction and can afford commercials and all that shit. So it's definitely something to worry about. It could go either way. It's also gonna make export the main line of biz for the old school growers. Like other dude said other states still will have a market. But once the market shrinks and profits go down they bring in the soldiers to clear the comp out.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

It scares me too. Because you gotta factor in the large group of non card carrying potheads that are thinking right now 'man legal! nice im gonna roll a doobie and smoke it in public and nobody can tell me shit' these obviously the people who just seen vote for legalization and aren't savvy to the actual bill. Which is why it is important for people to spend time and money educating the masses and getting people to vote no, unfortuantely the other side has a lot of money and political suction and can afford commercials and all that shit. So it's definitely something to worry about. It could go either way. It's also gonna make export the main line of biz for the old school growers. Like other dude said other states still will have a market. But once the market shrinks and profits go down they bring in the soldiers to clear the comp out.

Trust me there will be much opposition to this bill especially from the religious right and ironically the alcohol industry, so commercials and massive education/miseducation will happen. I doubt that this bill will actually pass, especially with the powerful beer and alcohol businesses that stand to inevitably lose profits if marijuana is legalized. But this is the beginning of the end for the way business is ran today. What I mean, although this bill may not pass, one surely will in the future and adjustments must be made from the current producers.

j wizzle

j wizzle

It scares me how eaealy some ppl will lay down and roll over...if at pure principle alone...im voting NO....

what principle? thats ignorance.

what scares me is the mentality of people such as yourself...

you havent read the bill, dont have time for a rebutle cuz youre at work...which is where im at too....you dont even consider the fact that a park has children there playing (what do you think the park was put there for in the 1st place? a bunch of stoners to hang out?)

its scary that we have propaganda on BOTH sides of the issue.

instead of talking about the facts of this bill, we are talking about big business and fuck rich lee.....just stupid.

im going to sit down, read this bill 3-4 times right now, and comment with some logical facts so we can actually discuss what this will do to US as a citizen and medical marijuana patient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom