Humboldt County afraid of being uprooted from pot perch

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bloodline

What are the main things people dont like about the proposed bill.

M

MT Farmer

Luckily most of the "word on the streets guys " don't vote anyway. The main things that I can find that people object to about the bill Bloodline is 1) making Richard Lee even richer, 2) your only legal grow is 5x5, 3) it promotes corporate America. I fuckin hate politicians. I also hate stupid sheeple.

southstreets

southstreets

are you a TROLL nor cal?? and wtf are you talkin bout bro?? you make NO sense at all??? :indifferent0023:

K

kushpheen

I have never heard anybody but myself bring up this important fact.

There is NO INFRASTRUCTURE / MACHINERY / TRAINED WORKFORCE to make this happen. Cannabis for smoking is a very specialized crop, hemp machinery just jams up and breaks down. I really doubt it would happen for at least 1-2 years even after any kind of legalization bill passed.

The industrialization of cannabis production might take a year or two before all of the industrial grade trimming and propagation machinery is designed, tested and implemented. But make no mistake, machines are far more productive than humans and you will see major advancements in the technology within a short time. You would only need a couple of people with advanced degrees in commercial agriculture production, a few people to clone and transplant and a few more to prepare the plants for the trimmers, dryers, and packaging machines. Now just hire a truck driver to deliver your product to a distributor. With less than a dozen well trained people you could produce hundreds of pounds monthly, daily, hourly, your only limited by your imagination, resources and product demand.

anyone have a link to the exact bill? the house bill that was voted on wasnt that bad, but everyone here hated that too. im sure its somewhat similar. but alot of people dont even read the bill, they hear richard lee and big biz and get scared to death.

if you are a good grower, you will still thrive. there is always going to be a connoisseur market. the only people who are going to get hurt are the ones growing outdoor-whatever buds.

People selling outdoor will tell you they already have problems finding markets for their products as the demand for their cannabis is lowered by the overwhelming supply of high quality indoor being produced on such a massive scale under the current medical marijuana laws. It won't take corporate agriculture very long to adapt to the demands of the consumer, their quality standards and start cashing in.

1. Were is it written that the MMJ laws will be in effect in lieu of this bill.
Lost is right this initiative doesn't seek to repeal any of the medical marijuana laws. But that doesn't mean it won't have a serious effect on the medical marijuana economy as a whole... I'll get into this point in a minute.

2. Where does it state how you will be able to apply for commercial licenture.

$5000 for license, $2500 for renewal each year...seems very fair to me
Your quoting the Ammiano bill here, which we as voters won't have the opportunity to vote on. Why didn't rich lee or jeff jones include these kinds of specific details in their initiative though?

3. what restrictions are placed on comercial growers limits and standards. (chemical pestacides ?Genetic modifications?)

not sure
Exactly, none of us have a clue what these standards will be

4. as kushpheen stated : what constitutes smoking with a minor present? I mean im sure i can get tilted on some 151 in front of as many children as possible and be scott free. WTF ?

you shouldnt be able to smoke anything in front of children, this is the same for cigs. unless youre taking that 151 & spitting it at the children, it has no effect on them. 2nd hand smoke kills....thats a fact

I agree 2nd hand tobacco smoke kills, but I'm not aware of any evidence that supports 2nd hand marijuana smoke is harmful. Still, there's simply no comparing the health risks of tobacco and cannabis, 1st or 2nd hand. Why do the creators of this initiative intend on casting cannabis out of the public eye and into the shadows by continuing to outlaw public consumption, and forbidding consumption in the presence of minors. This initiative fails to define clearly what the term "present" means. (iv) smoking cannabis in any space while minors are present. Does 'present' mean same room or same house? So, if its a crime to smoke in public, or a crime to smoke in your home if your a parent. Doesn't this bill just legalize cannabis for people 21 and over without kids then? If your a parent where are you able to enjoy your cannabis legally? Cannabis has been hidden away in the shadows for too long. Hiding it from our children and the rest of society just prolongs the inevitable move towards the social acceptance we all desire and the ability to educate the next generation about cannabis properly. Some say this is a step out of the shadows, I say this initiative just defines the shadow more clearly and seeks to penalize anyone who steps out

5. can you grow in you lil ccramed as 5x5 if minors live in the same house?
Good question where in this bill does it offer this protection to parents. If consumption isn't allowed when minors are 'present' will cultivation be?

not sure about this one either, but commerical growers have to provide security of some type.
Nothing in the lee initiative gives definitive protocols for commercial production standards. You might need something as simple as a burglar alarm or a team of security guards, either way, this initiative should of outlined those protocols, instead of leaving them up to our states legislature to decide upon arbitrarily.

6. what if you live next to a school?
[
B]If your in your backyard and the smoke travels into your neighboring playground is that a crime?

will 18 and over patients be able to access medicine?

At medical dispensaries, yes, this law doesn't seek to remove their rights but there real question here is whether or not retail outlets will be able to sell to people with doctors recommendations that are between 18-21. Remember this initiative strictly criminalizes the sale of cannabis from people 21 and over, to people 18-21.

I read the bill briefly and believe if your not a dispensary
ur only allowed to grow 5x5 area

Adults 21 and over 5x5 per residence, as long as no minors are present. Nowhere in the initiative does it grant rights to dispensaries to cultivate. It does however seek to create a commercial cannabis industry that would be regulated by the legislature. This initiative places no restriction upon commercially licensed growers, legislators might choose to do so. Will people licensed for retail sales be able to possess more than an ounce?

SkyHi, your not getting it. It would have to expressly say in the bill that this invalidates SB420 and prop 215 and because it does not say anything to that affect, it does not change the medical side. That is just Law 101.

Correct, patients rights won't change. What will change drastically is how patients acquire their cannabis. Here's my argument.
6. Provide easier, safer access for patients who need cannabis for medical purposes.
Right here this initiative puts dispensaries on notice saying were going to be targeting your customers and will try to provide them with 'easier and safer', hmmm wonder why they didn't say cheaper? To argue these points simply, prop 215 let local governments regulate dispensaries within their cities. Some cities have 4, others have more than a thousand. Most are trying to limit and locate dispensaries in typically industrial and somewhat dangerous neighborhoods, which begs to ask where will all these easier and safer retail outlets be located when local governments are trying to hide medical dispensaries?

rich lee is said 2 have thousands of mothers ready 2 go if it passes, rich lee and is people will take over cali's weed trade in 6 months, rich lee is ready 2 go now!! WE MUST SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERY ONE TO REGISTER TO VOTE AND VOTE NO!!! tell your friends and family 2 tell there friends and co workers 2 vote no!! its up 2 us 2 get the word out!! we have 2 explain 2 stoners that this bill sucks!!! we need 2 get together and make flyers for schools and retirement homes, we need more billboards put up!! we can not let this bill pass!!!!! if your a member on other grow sites go there and post spread the word!! register 2 vote dont be lazy

I doubt it would take him that long, he definitely has the infrastructure in place and is ready to capitalize on his Oaksterdam brand. He has been training trimmers at his school for years now. Where in prop 215 or sb420 do the laws specifically allow him to sell thousands of plants to dispensaries statewide. Aren't these dispensaries required operate on closed loops, being supplied solely by its members? How is he able to operate with such impunity within our state, while clearly profiting in a non-profit industry?

I agree spread the word do what you can do to expose this initiatives faults, shortcomings and intentions.

why dont we vote yes on this and then when a better bill comes along, vote on that one to replace this one? I see this one as a foot in the door, dont you guys? I wish it could be %100 the way we want it, but isnt something better than nothing? this one doesnt have to stay in effect forever

Edux, there were plenty of problems with prop 215 when it passed. It took 15 years of legal battles for the medical cannabis laws to afford us the protections we enjoy today, and there are still many people being arrested and awaiting their trials today. Not 1 other medical marijuana initiative has been placed on the ballot since prop 215 that would either restrict or enhance the medical marijuana laws. The truth is, if this initiative passes there won't be another that replaces it until the federal government decides to regulate and control cannabis on a federal level, and then we'll all be competing with the alcohol, tobacco and pharmaceutical companies who stand to lose the most should Americans choose to medicate or recreate with cannabis. Considering how slowly Washington moves it might take a while.

The problem with voting for this flawed initiative, with its unnecessarily restrictive limits that leaves regulatory controls in the hands of corrupt politicians, is the other states that choose to follow California's lead will be placing the same or worse restrictions upon their citizens. Favoring consumerism, industrialization and taxation over the true enhancement of personal liberties and freedoms. You can see this same thing happening all over the country as states that move to legalize medical cannabis are placing ridiculous limits upon patients and even outlawing home cultivation all together. Forcing these patients to be dependent on 'state approved' cannabis.

I think we should all wary of the intentions of people who seek to involve government control and taxes into more areas of our life, while pretending to be enhancing or extending our personal freedoms. Its a compromise none of us have to make.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Where you going to smoke all that`legal` weed when you can go to jail for smoking in front of a minor? A minor acording to this law is anyone under 21 years of age ,even your sons and daughters just back on leave from service in Afganistan! How about that public park? Nope could be a minor around,don`t want to go to jail now do you? Not at a baseball game ether! well you will be able to buy a beer there but no pot smoking! Get the idea? Taxes? controls? regulations? FU Richard Lee!

4EVERGREEN

the medical laws in cali are finialy good for us they just lifted our plant limit and weight limit with a dr recommendation meddicann gave me my girl and brother 250 plants each!! thats 750 for 3 people or 25 a piece outdoors, we only grow 99 but our scripts say 250 a piece!! the bill that got the siginitures trumps 215 it ruins everything we have worked for!! dont believe that they changed the bill because they cant changed it after they got the siginitures!!

think about it like this if you get into a car accident you never accept the first offer the insurance company makes you allways wait and it allways gets better we need 2 do the same, if we the growers and smokers of cali shoot this bill down they will still want our money and they will make us a better offer next time!! we have 2 wait and vote on a bill that benefits us not them!!

please spread the word 2 every1 vote no!! if we dont get the word out state wide we lose big

S

SkyHi

Alot of good point have been made in this thread. Vote NO !!! just the simple point kushpheen made about Richard lees current operations would make me want to vote no.

N

nvthis

Definitely vote NO! God, I can't even stomach the thought of Richard Lee's little masturbatory wet dream of being the godfather of Cali. That dude just makes me want to yak my friggin' lunch!

I think it would only be proper to watch his $1,000,000 go up in smoke. Passing it off as if it were some kind of kind hearted 'donation' so we can all finally smoke in peace. That was nothing more than a cold and calculated business investment. Richard Lee is fucking with California hard for his own aspirations He don't give a fuck about anybody but Richard Lee.

R

radical farmer

Definitely vote NO! God, I can't even stomach the thought of Richard Lee's little masturbatory wet dream of being the godfather of Cali. That dude just makes me want to yak my friggin' lunch!

I think it would only be proper to watch his $1,000,000 go up in smoke. Passing it off as if it were some kind of kind hearted 'donation' so we can all finally smoke in peace. That was nothing more than a cold and calculated business investment. Richard Lee is fucking with California hard for his own aspirations He don't give a fuck about anybody but Richard Lee.

Well put. But you could extend that to ALL capitalists...

S

slimjoint

yo whats up skyhi!! i think everyone will be affected in some way or another.. good or bad.. somepeople will make out like bandits and some peeps will get the stink stick.. but thats the way it goes with ALL laws and bills that get passed or dropped.. personally it would prob bring me more business, maybe not i dont know..and this bill might drop some prices even in the med community.. some people cant afford 60 an eighth for some GOOD meds every other day... it might actually encourage some great growers to come back even if its a 5x5 space.. Canada's got reg control from what im told and i know Amsterdam does.. sometimes you have to take some bad to get some good!!! EVERYONE would like to have no regs and be able to smoke, carry, and grow as much as they would want, but the fact of the matter is that will NEVER happen... bein from a legislative and negotiation backround ( did it for over 10 yrs of my life) thats my opinion.. its a catch 22 bro..

Well i doubt youll get the same quality, I mean its the same effort going in, just getting less money, for no benefit to the grower.
Ive noticed when collectives try to low ball the vendor or grower, the next batch comes in a bit cheaper, but you can really tell it wasnt as good. because why would it?

Priority for some will change from quality to quantity.

southstreets

southstreets

and vice versa.. if the big boys take over the quantity game.. everyone would have to focus on growing the super dank to make some good cash.. yo nor cal farmer you got a purse for your dog metro sexual???? hahaha..

S

slimjoint

and vice versa.. if the big boys take over the quantity game.. everyone would have to focus on growing the super dank to make some good cash.. yo nor cal farmer you got a purse for your dog metro sexual???? hahaha..
Exactly, Which might even raise the price for your quality, so those people who cant afford $60 an 1/8 will probably have to spew another 10-20.

southstreets

southstreets

good point.. there might be enough to go around that the prices might drop..

K

kushpheen

cmon lets try to stay on topic, and offer the simple respect to each other we all deserve, regardless of your stance.

southstreets

southstreets

my bust bro!! this guy trolls on all my threads.. and thats because i hang around with youngsters bro!!

K

kushpheen

I know rich lee is taking the brunt of our criticisms but as co-author jeff jones shares just as much responsibility for this flawed initiative as lee. For those of you that don't know jeff jones, he was the director of the Oakland Cannabis Buyers Cooperative. He fought an epic supreme court battle and unfortunately lost, keeping medical marijuana illegal on the federal level for all of us. Since then he has been very busy persuading and influencing city council members in both cities, seeking to limit competition of the dispensaries he favors. He has also made a fortune issuing medical marijuana id cards.

R

radical farmer

Wow, I didn't know that this OG Kush I'm smoking would bring me into a time warp to middle school! Calm down children...

S

slimjoint

Back to the topic, were all in this movement together.
insulting someone on the internet is really stupid. you dont know eachother or what goes on in eachothers lives, could be tough times for some people and if you were aware you wouldnt waste time insulting eachother, instead give out a helping hand. we all have one thing in common which is what brings us together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom