HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

• Thread starter humboldtlocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brookstown

damn what happened to these guys i was really looking forward to this years garden. Bummer.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
think i remember reading ganja d was doing a garden this year. think he may have been banned from the site, not 100% though

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
damn what happened to these guys i was really looking forward to this years garden. Bummer.

Yeah..Me too. Those guys are my hero's... they inspired me.. I wanna grow like that some day...:)

gonna have to look at that other site...I guess
icon8.gif

F

foothillfarmin

I love how some of these growers who show their work are worshiped like gods by many, top knotch growers for sure no doubt, BUT they are human and have skills , just like many like them who dont go public, although many of us sure do appreciate the knowledge being shared, I just wont be bowing down in praise and worship the ground they grow and walk on, and yes call me a dick, wouldnt be the 1st time, and not the last, just not an advocate of putting people on pedestals, seems some take it too far and it gets the heads swollen!!!!

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Good ole fashioned hard work - some can commit to it 110% and others won't. I can guarantee grow of that scale don't just pop out of nowhere without years of work to get there. I have respect for anybody that can put that much effort into anything

M

MTM

Ganja Ds 2011 garden is posted now on ICmag him and Humboltlocal dont work together anymore.D has a nice grow running now.Smaller than this grow but huge plants allready...D is also banned from here .This garden did make the June 2011 issue of high times!!!Great work guys!!

T

Tank

yep i live up in the boldt.growin some per 98 bubbas,:any tips on finishing them out???thanks

bongstar

bongstar

Giving it up to all the excelent growers on here!!!!!!!! there are some amazing girls in this fourm. i especial was amazed with HLs garden! big ups!!!

bigdaftones

bigdaftones

I just saw this on Jorge Cervantes DVD. Way more impressive to see all the hard work you guys are doing down there. Props!

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Hi folks, sorry for the lack of updates. Been a little busy. Things are going great up here. The weather has been pretty hit or miss but things are rolling along nicely. We did have a pretty major set back that at the time seamed devastating but we have bounced back. A couple weeks back we got a heavy snow and a flock of birds made refuge in our greenhouse. They pecked the crap out of our seed starts. I have never seen anything like it. There was feathers and bird shit everywhere. All of the fan leaves were pecked off but the top growth was left untouched. This was about 400 starts and they were about six inches tall. We tightened up the greenhouse so nothing could get in and the girls have recovered nicely. I will of course wonder at the end of the season how well we would have done without this set back but it gives me some motivation for next year. It is always something. I had gotten past the slugs and the rodents and thought I was in the clear but I never thought I would have to look out for the birds. Anyone ever had a bird attack on their herb? Here is a pic right after the bird attack.
View attachment 79300
Here is a pic a week later.
View attachment 79301
They are mostly between 1-2 feet right now and they are sexing out. They are taking a really cool bushy shape that I have never had before at this size. The lower branches are nicely developed because of this attack. I have also never had seed starts sex out this early and I am thinking it has to do with the stress of the attack. We have almost all of our soil mixed and we will be putting some starts out in a couple weeks.
My soil mix is as follows.
Sunshine Mix Natural and Organic #4
Nutri Rich high calcium chicken poop
Super Soil Earth Worm Castings
Pahroc Perlite #4
Steamed Bone meal
Kelp
Oyster Shell
Dolomite Lime
Gypsum
Thats it for now folks. I will try to update a little more regularly but there is not too much going on just a lot of manual labor. The gardens are shaping up nicely and I am really excited for this season. I will try to get some recent pics soon. Pray for sun.

I just read through all this and thought I would point out the most important piece of the thread... IMHO of course. FUCK YOU BIRDS! lol Even with such an event, this particular garden ends up being famous. Internationally renowned... I saw the video long before I saw this thread, like 2 years ago easy. What a revelation to find the source code tonight! I seem to remember "Brix Max" or something along those lines as the sole additive in addition to this list above.

Thank you so very much for this information, my eternal gratitude.

I just remembered he had listed what he throws on at onset of flower. I'll edit this tomorrow to include that information as well, if someone else doesn't catch it.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

People ask me all the time what brand of nutes I use thinking that is the secret to big plants and buds. I actually don't use any bottled nutes. I do use a couple different Organic mite sprays that come in bottles but that is about it. This year I am also trying Brix Mix as a foliar spray. I do a really hot soil mix and I top dress with high nitrogen bat guano and earth worm castings during veg. During bud I will switch to high phosphorus bat guano. I will also be using some locally made compost tea. I also use the EWC as a foliar and soil drench. Good ol Organics is the secret to huge plants and rock hard buds. Those companies want you to think that you can only get it from a bottle but don't believe the hype. Good genetics play a huge role as well. All these threads about what nutes work best just make me laugh. All the claims by these companies are ridiculous. If you want to know what the best fertilizer is read my sig. I have friends that grow indoors in soil and don't fertilize even once and they grow some of the best indoor I have ever seen so don't think they are needed there either. That is also on very large grows in case you were wondering.
A lot of love and dedication is what it really takes to get big bushy plants
:sun2:

I guess I cant edit it any more so I will just tack this on.

My only real wonder I'm left with are the ratios per plant, per circumstance. Whats what in the pot, whats what in the ground?
Gypsum is neat, cannot wait to try it. Seems like it will be what humic acid was to me, a light in a dark place and miracle.
I always copy the best I see, sometimes I get similar results, other times I feel like I missed something.

I'm going to keep trying to point myself in the right direction, but if anyone wants to do a little pointing for me I would love you for it. Who is Tom Thumb? For example... Seems like who I need to talk to or read about.

Thanks again thcfarmer staff, Logic especially for making this a sticky so I could find it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom