Hurricane plan, use several autoflowers to harvest early, thoughts.

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I grow autos outside so no need to come at me man, I was just not liking the hostility you had towards our staff member so i said something.... gnick55 is a very helpfull person here on the farm. Any thread about autos that hes in, youll see the same thing there too.
thanks., ya i was kinda on a tare those couple days..
all good with me as i said,
hope someone can help him out with some good autos that maybe he could start inside than transplant outside after 4 weeks indoors to shorten the time outside in hopes of getting a harvest..

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

thanks., ya i was kinda on a tare those couple days..
all good with me as i said,
hope someone can help him out with some good autos that maybe he could start inside than transplant outside after 4 weeks indoors to shorten the time outside in hopes of getting a harvest..
I havent found any good autos yet, lol. But ive only grown autos from ilgm and atlas seeds. I was more impressed by the atlas seeds autos than ilgm though for sure. Atlas seeds said they breed their autos specifcally for outdoor growing.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

And ive always read good things about Mephisto genetics. Apparently they are some of the best you can get? Not sure though.

Last edited by a moderator:
NotSure

NotSure

Good day. Hey I thought I would ask your opinion. I live in coastal NC and had to harvest prematurely after significant damage from hurricane Ian last year and every year I battle storms.

Can’t do indoor and I am maybe backyarding it or guerrilla. Instead of long grow photos, autos in the ground in April or May and harvest before August and September to avoid a similar situation. 10 auto’s vs 4-5 photos might be a good strategy.

Any comments on good high yield low height, tolerates LST, let me know your opinion. The weather will be optimal until mid July or so.

Thanks and thoughts…

Good day,

RR
Why is indoor not possible, not enough privacy?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
i just tell the truth.,
I hate Autos AND Feminized.......you should see me cursing seed companies as I scroll through them. Up there with having 285 pages of "sold out"....then remove them!!!! Argh!!!!! Or 5 seeds??? What the hell am I gonna do with 5 seeds!!!????

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I grow autos outside
and have you found autos to be worth time even for an outdoor grow. this past weekend visited a friend outdoor auto grow and i have to say they are super small and i told him straight you are waiting your time. to him and i would say the same to anyone asking around for advice on autos. which is don't grow them. they are n novelty

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I hate Autos AND Feminized.......you should see me cursing seed companies as I scroll through them. Up there with having 285 pages of "sold out"....then remove them!!!! Argh!!!!! Or 5 seeds??? What the hell am I gonna do with 5 seeds!!!????
some companies find that they can send you autoflower replacements for out of stock products on orders.
have you experienced this shit

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
some companies find that they can send you autoflower replacements for out of stock products on orders.
have you experienced this shit
I've only had one issue with this but it was after I had that one order intercepted by customs. By the time that month + went by a few things they were going to replace got sold out. That I can understand. But if you've had a company sell out after you placedva successful order and they told you after the fact, that's not good. Like anything else in this world, if you don't get what you want, or good customer service, don't do business with that company. It's amazing how after 3 months of constantly searching for seeds companies, there are still new ones I find that never hit my radar. You could just google search "Top Quality cannabis seeds" and page after page, one site leading to another and another.......

Try your best to buy directly from the company, or people, who produce the seeds themselves, and not 3rd party re-sellers. If a company has far more fems and/or autos than regular seeds, I won't buy from them (or at least, not again....). If they seem to specialize in sold out or discontinued or retired seeds, I won't buy from them. If all they sell is 3 or 5 or 6 seeds of strains, I won't buy from them, and if they sell via auctions.......they must really like themselves to make people participate in an auction. Auction this! ;).

There are too many breeders/sellers out there to waste my time and money on getting frustrated. You could just buy from people who aren't companies, or find good people to trade with......and grow for the next 20 years without having to buy seeds again.

Then there are these "elite cultivars" that sell their seeds in hand carved rosewood boxes with stained glass windows wrapped in a tuxedo.......they describe their strains in ways that make find Bordeaux seem like Kool-aid. Well, maybe their strains really do have 32% THC and the lower fan leaves drop with resin. Ok, I'll try them once and they better be so good.........

So, be picky. ;)

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Then there are these "elite cultivars" that sell their seeds in hand carved rosewood boxes with stained glass windows wrapped in a tuxedo.......they describe their strains in ways that make find Bordeaux seem like Kool-aid. Well, maybe their strains really do have 32% THC and the lower fan leaves drop with resin. Ok, I'll try them once and they better be so good.........
these, need more of these hand carved rosewood boxes with bordeaux equivalent taste descriptions and profiles. something with a story behind it that captures my fascination like landrace does

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

and have you found autos to be worth time even for an outdoor grow. this past weekend visited a friend outdoor auto grow and i have to say they are super small and i told him straight you are waiting your time. to him and i would say the same to anyone asking around for advice on autos. which is don't grow them. they are n novelty
I usually pull anywhere from 4 to 6 ounces per auto outside, 6 beijg the most i ever pulled outside. I grow 10-15 usually every year and have a very successful harvest. This last year i went with photoperiods, it frosted before the end of october, i lost 3 plamts to mildew, mold, and frost, and only harvested 3 ounces of shitty mediocre popcorn buds. So yeah i find autos to be worth growing where i live. I have no means to set up a light depo and run photos so autos it is cause im not going to waste my entire summer and early fall on plants that are going to die and not finish.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

@GreenGalaxyFarm This is how my outdoor autos come out. By no means small and a waste of time, but small for an outdoor plant yes. Its all about knowing how to grow them. I start them inside for 3 to 4 weeks and then they go outside. The sun doesnt grow them right. They end up with 6-8 inches between nodes if you plant them as seeds outside.

IMG 2219
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

its hard to tell on the android what I see. are you finding that autos are worth while to grow in conditions where the seasons are changing and there isnt enough time left after solstice to grow a proper sized photoperiod plant?
I get that everyone doesnt have space or genetics to grow 70ounce plants but man spending my time watering what for 3 months on a 4 ounce return with to highest hopes of 6 this isnt convincing me
I mean no disrespect to your yield bro this is in opinion based on my personal preference towards yield nothing wrong with your results if its worked for you

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

its hard to tell on the android what I see. are you finding that autos are worth while to grow in conditions where the seasons are changing and there isnt enough time left after solstice to grow a proper sized photoperiod plant?
I get that everyone doesnt have space or genetics to grow 70ounce plants but man spending my time watering what for 3 months on a 4 ounce return with to highest hopes of 6 this isnt convincing me
I mean no disrespect to your yield bro this is in opinion based on my personal preference towards yield nothing wrong with your results if its worked for you
I don't smoke it, i just sell it/give it away. And we get a pretty decent amount of rainfall here in the summer so i only water once a week maybe, they are really just set and forget for the most part. By the time they go outside they are just starting to enter flower, so about 8 weeks and they are done, they dont require much of anything once i put them outside. I could potentially pull anywhere between 40 and 90 ounces in a summer growing autos, at 4-6 ounces and 10-15 plants. I just dont get a long enough season to grow photos and have them finish, or im not skilled enough to get it done. My plants didnt start flowering til September 5th-12th last summer, October 31 is really the end of the season for me, any more time and id be lucky as hell. Like i shouldve pulled 3 or 4 pounds last summer on 4 outdoor plants but i pulled 3 or 4 ounces cause i lost them all to the weather. So in my experience, autos have been a better option for me. And i dont smoke outdoor weed, ive never smoked any i enjoy.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

dont sell yourself short im sure you will do fine or atleast adjust quickly to a change to 16-18week flowering plants . but in your case seasons arnt optimal and which is why these plants dont grow naturally to your geographical area

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

you never having enjoyed a quality sungrown is fucking sad too me sorry for putting it so bluntly

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

dont sell yourself short im sure you will do fine or atleast adjust quickly to a change to 16-18week flowering plants . but in your case seasons arnt optimal and which is why these plants dont grow naturally to your geographical area
Its where im located and the people here dont try because its been illegal here forever, shit gets grown up in trees in hanging buckets or under cover of trees and shit so the bud is always loose garbage that tastes like pepper or hay. I barely have enough time to squeeze in 8-10 week strains yet alone 16-18 week strains..... that would never happen here, it wouldnt finish until like right now.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

the people I associate with that were like that have gone into greenhouse or shaded growing in my province with noone growing autos on purpose happens so often you receive autos in an order incorrectly
outdoor is grown in addition to an room/basement/attic
you havnt tried for medical approved imported outdoor as well? still cant wrap my head

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

ok now I understand your situation. this was just 4 years back for me since decriminalised but noone gave a fuck about growing a plant or 12 anyway even before that. its local to the area as mentioned

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

ok now I understand your situation. this was just 4 years back for me since decriminalised but noone gave a fuck about growing a plant or 12 anyway even before that. its local to the area as mentioned
Yeah im in the northeast US. Upstate New York, Albany area to be exact. I need to take lessons from @TSD on how to properly grow plants outside here. She kills it and shes farther north than i am so idk 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom