Hurricane plan, use several autoflowers to harvest early, thoughts.

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

hottentots mountains coastal village in capetown southern africa myself. its been interesting getting your take on autos. yes you never really know where growing with take you with all the information available today

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

hottentots mountains coastal village in capetown southern africa myself. its been interesting getting your take on autos. yes you never really know where growing with take you with all the information available today
Im going to try again with a couple photos this summer, i know i csn do it, its just a matter of getting them to flower early-mid august and not mid September. My plants started sept 5-12 last summer and the guy literally on the same chunck of property 200 feet away, his plants were already 3 to 4 weeks into flower when mine started. I think its where im located here because when cars pull in at night, the headlights hit my plants and i think just those few seconds 10-12 times a night is just enough to keep them from budding. This summer im going to try and grow them in this brush field behind my house where its actually dark at night lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Trust me, i don't like growing autos, i hardly recommend it to anyone, i tell my friends they are complete trash because they really are. If i didnt have like 30 or 40 of them, i wouldnt bither growing them but im not gonna waste my space inside on autos so they go outside.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

if you have an indoor space you can calculate expected yield based on the amount of natural sunlight your growing season will give you and the time and space you can afford to vegging these plants out before transplant to outdoor.
my largest plant for example if I may has been growing in the veg stage since august and is over 6th tall and I am a month away from beginning if flower it does take alot more of your patience but not your time invested they are with the correct nutrients set and forget

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

if you have an indoor space you can calculate expected yield based on the amount of natural sunlight your growing season will give you and the time and space you can afford to vegging these plants out before transplant to outdoor.
my largest plant for example if I may has been growing in the veg stage since august and is over 6th tall and I am a month away from beginning if flower it does take alot more of your patience but not your time invested they are with the correct nutrients set and forget
Yeah i wouldnt attempt something that big here. To much to maintain and to many places for mold and shit to hide, plus we have them stupid choppers that fly over looking for those kinds of plants. And where i grow is right on the edge of major power lines which get flown once a week to check for damage/downed trees so its just better for me to grow smaller plants in abundance across the lot i have to use.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I have Auto freebies that I'll try outdoors this summer. I live kinda north (Northern NY state), and 1500ft up in elevation. Freezing nights after Oct 1st are rather common.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
@GreenGalaxyFarm This is how my outdoor autos come out. By no means small and a waste of time, but small for an outdoor plant yes. Its all about knowing how to grow them. I start them inside for 3 to 4 weeks and then they go outside. The sun doesnt grow them right. They end up with 6-8 inches between nodes if you plant them as seeds outside.
I'm sure that who makes the Auto variety matters, the genetics. But also, how it's grown, the skills of the grower matters, and now I'm talking indoors. Sure, an Auto will do its thing even as we leave the light cycle on veg, but I'll bet.......and more experienced people can really answer this......I'll bet that leaving the lights on 24/7......or trying 8 on/16 off....I'll bet there are ways to help an Auto out, and ways to make things worse. Dialing it in, mastering the ways an Auto likes, requires skill, and maybe even adjusting depending on the particular strain. A 90% Indica/10% ruderalis may want one way.......an 80% Sativa/20% ruderalis may like something different.

TSD

TSD

Yeah im in the northeast US. Upstate New York, Albany area to be exact. I need to take lessons from @TSD on how to properly grow plants outside here. She kills it and shes farther north than i am so idk 🤷‍♂️
And I bust my ass to make it happen too, no "set it and forget it" up in my outdoor gardens lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

And I bust my ass to make it happen too, no "set it and forget it" up in my outdoor gardens lol.
By the looks of the buds you share, it shows. Im going to do things differently this year and maybe ill have a better outcome.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Good day. Hey I thought I would ask your opinion. I live in coastal NC and had to harvest prematurely after significant damage from hurricane Ian last year and every year I battle storms.

Can’t do indoor and I am maybe backyarding it or guerrilla. Instead of long grow photos, autos in the ground in April or May and harvest before August and September to avoid a similar situation. 10 auto’s vs 4-5 photos might be a good strategy.

Any comments on good high yield low height, tolerates LST, let me know your opinion. The weather will be optimal until mid July or so.

Thanks and thoughts…

Good day,

RR
Get as good genetics as you can with autos.

radrichie61

radrichie61

I grow autos outside so no need to come at me man, I was just not liking the hostility you had towards our staff member so i said something.... gnick55 is a very helpfull person here on the farm. Any thread about autos that hes in, youll see the same thing there too.
Thanks for the comments. My kid has been real sick and been in a bad mood for a while. My bad!!!

radrichie61

radrichie61

thanks., ya i was kinda on a tare those couple days..
all good with me as i said,
hope someone can help him out with some good autos that maybe he could start inside than transplant outside after 4 weeks indoors to shorten the time outside in hopes of getting a harvest..
Hey man, my bad. As I said back on the original post my kid has diabetes and has not been doing well and I have been in a horrible mood for a while and still am to a degree, so worried so sorry, my bad. I’m only on my second year of even saying I like to try to grow because last year it was just a whim with some beans I found and it worked out pretty decent. GNick, I know so little about this but I am willing to learn and that’s all I was trying to do. But my bad man, sorry I was snippy!

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thanks for the comments. My kid has been real sick and been in a bad mood for a while. My bad!!!
All good man. If you're looking for good auto genetics, id look at Mephisto Genetics. From what ive gathered looking around, they have the best reputation for good autos.

Last edited by a moderator:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hey man, my bad. As I said back on the original post my kid has diabetes and has not been doing well and I have been in a horrible mood for a while and still am to a degree, so worried so sorry, my bad. I’m only on my second year of even saying I like to try to grow because last year it was just a whim with some beans I found and it worked out pretty decent. GNick, I know so little about this but I am willing to learn and that’s all I was trying to do. But my bad man, sorry I was snippy!
no worries, it’s all good.. and always was.. you didn’t do anything bad..
enjoy the farm..

radrichie61

radrichie61

It was fun to be on here in the beginning but then you guys made it suck. Was not going to ever say it but GNick why are you and too many people on here dicks? And you are staff… ???

Homesteader and mosh you are good examples of the few I met that were nice, patient, and helpful. Thank you!
God I Lost my mind that night. I’m so embarrassed every time I look on here. Nobody deserves a bunch of shit like that and I am so sorry. That’s all I can say it is from the heart my bad.

Top Bottom