Hydro Girl LED | FINAL DISCUSSION | Non DELETED POSTS

• Thread starter motta-tokka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
HeadGrow

HeadGrow

wow, i'm sooo glad i stumbled upon this thread. i was reading a bunch about "LEDGirls" lights about a month or so ago and was pretty excited about them. Not having the funds to completely change things up right now i just kinda pushed it to the back burner of things i'd like to try. I even told a bunch of people that there might be a LED panel worth using. If it weren't for this thread I would've been screwed. Reading on another website about how one customer of this Cammie person got the cops called on them by Cammie, really irked me. Even though i'm legit, i still hate dealing with the fuzz.

Anyways, i'm glad i read this in time. I'll be sticking with my HID's for awhile it looks like.

Thanks Farmers, keep up the good info and updates.

J

Just Facts

Cammie Mckenzie Photo

. . . this just in . . .

Cammie2.jpg

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

if i never saw a thread about this topic again i could not tell you guys how happy i would be.

i didn't realize threads were getting closed and people banned. the only thing i want to know is did Lost get banned again i saw him chiming in on early posts and I'd hate to hear he got banned again he's a great asset and he just got back!

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

I just seen hydro grow led's advertisement in Maximum Yield Magazine. :(

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Shemale is trying to cover up her Adam's apple with that dog..lol

Globel

Globel

Its just a matter of time before some one that was scammed for a Nissan engine comes and kicks her door down.

Nissan owners are serious business.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
so that's what cammie looks like!

but who is that holding her?

DeRail

DeRail

I live in Sf and there are a few Chic's that had Dicks in my trade they are always looking to drag someone into court over there own choice to be a freak show "it" is still a man in my book and "it' cannot bear children and never will be able to "it" is not a woman. and should be taken care of like any other man. Snitches end up in Ditches and wont need stitches.

Illmind

Illmind

Whoa, just caught the snitch-o-gram thread. Damn that bitch is dumb. Rule #1 in the selling equip to people who may use to grow is keep that shit private always. She broke the golden rule. And as far as suing someone over an internet thread lol. U can type whatevetr the fuck you want about anything on this bitch. All I gotta say is this bitch can't be serious. If u don't do what I want I'm telling! And I'm gonna also break the world record of lawsuits per day in one fowl swoop. Bitch needs a sex change back to a dude so someone can beat shim down.

C

calbunn

Well to be honnest, I'm more upset for deletes. I don't think the negetive things being posted are trolling. People should be availed both sides to have responsible choice. Only one side stated and veiwed is PROPAGANDA ,,, pure and simple. I'm an eletrician and on some of the elecrical sites I'm on, they are talking about false claims about LEDs not just grow light LEDs either. Also on these sites (electrical) it is agreed that LEDs will some day be what is claimed that they are today, someday. I have no problem with anyone using them if the choice is their honnest choice. I think also there should be both sides talked about. I hate seeing our good farmers leaving here and /or being banned. I love freedom of speach and the abillity to hang here with great folks. I'd like to see Logic put up the deleted posts and unbann those that have been banned over this LEDgirl issue. Lets hope for a great harvest. Peace Dr.stickerdick

I too work in the industry as a project mgr for an electrical design/build company in So CA. Regarding LED lamps for general area lighting the Army and AF issued a memo in 03/10 that banned the use of LED for future base lighting projects as so many of the previously installed projects did not live up to the claims.

Most of the problems we saw had to do with sustained lumen output, life span failures, heat management but the other one was that pilots at several bases reported having a hard time seeing on approach with the LED.

This was a huge problem because on some of the projects we specified fixtures based on in situ photometric measurements that led us to believe the LED technology would be the best choice for the applications.

You can see the actual memo (pg 17) on the inda-gro.com website just see 'compare' on the home page and it's a hyper link on the next page.

I grow too and the big problem I see with LED is that canopy penetration is not as good as conventional or the current induction grow lights I'm using.

What growers who buy LED grow lights eventually find out for themselves is that it is the LED lamps narrow band spectrum itself which stunts growth during the crucial late flowering and bud stages where proper PAR spectrums and photomorphogenesis must be available to maximize chlorophyll A and B absorption and photosynthesis to occur. So while an HPS may not make 700 nm (induction grow lamps peak @ 380 & 700 nm) it is far better at photomorphogenesis and yields are commensurately higher then the LED.

We're all looking for ways to reduce overhead and operational costs and the amount of money I've spent on LED based on grow and yield claims is unfortunately gone but not to be repeated.

inda-gro has an easy 'what is light' under their FAQ that the grower should check out. It makes it easier to understand the important ways plant (PPF, YPF) and human light (lumens, lux, footcandles) needs differ. I ended up replacing 3 of the 1000 watt HPS with 4 of the 400 watt pro series and the kush yields have been no different averaging @ 300 gr/p/m.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
^^^ good post and welcome to the farm calbunn

B

bubbafication

Until LED manufacturers make more wavelengths available, led's will not work on their own. Currently there is only a handfull of usefull wavelengths made. This leaves large gaps in wavelengths needed for growing succesfully. Some Led started to add bizzare wavelengths hoping to fill in the missing gaps. I even seen one claim 14 band with green as part of the mix!!
This is also why any LED grow that has claimed decent yields are always supplimented with CFL's.
LED's are only good for supplimental lights for lighting sources like CFL, Induction or Microwave sulfer plasma's were missing wavelengths of these lights will benifit from wavelengths available in LED. For instance they make a great suppliment for 2700K CFL's because CFL's in 2700K lack far red. By adding 660Nm led to a 2700K cfl grow will improve your grow significantly.So why suppliment LEDs with CFL's when we should be supplimenting CFL's with LED's I'm experimenting with this theory currently.What is a bigger scam is company's that claim their products are made in the USA and claim they use CREE chips when their product looks exactly the same as the chinese counterparts. Cree does not even make some of the key wavelengths that these companys' claim to have.
So there are some good uses for LED's in this industry and we need to explore more creative ways to utilize them

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yet again I shall repeat myself.

LEDS CAN AND DO GROW GREAT BUDS!!!

Mine is coming down in the next few days and will easily be giving me 12-15 oz of prime stinking super dense buds. And dam big buds at that.

No cfls or supplemental used. Just the 345w through out. Then a nice sog coming next.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They work, but they don't work well for growing cannabis. They work GREAT for growing corals, clams and anemones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom