ran it through the solution and this was the reading
EC-ppm was 3.6 @ 1800 ppm
CF-ppm was 36 @ 2240 ppm

im new to this and have no idea what-so-eva
can anyone tell me if this is ok or do i need to adjust or lower

thanks in regards

B

Bobby Smith

I have no clue what "CF" is, but "EC" is electrical conductivity, a more reliable measure than PPM meters because they rely on estimates based on conversion factors.

Seems like your PPM tester uses a .5 conversion (vs. a .7 conversion), and you're running your nutes pretty damn hot for how small those plants look to be in the pics.

If you're not noticing any burning or lockouts than more power to you, but I'd be hesitant to run 1-1.5 foot tall plants at almost 2000PPMs - that's more a number you'd think of for trees in mid flower when they're really eating.

Anyways, keep tabs on your PPMs - if they go up, your nutes are too strong and the plants are drinking more water than nutes.

If they go down, you could (theoretically) up the nutes, but I certainly would't recommend it.

If they stay around where they're at, you've found the sweet spot.

But honestly, less is more when it comes to nutes (IMO) - I rarely if ever go much above 1000PPMs, even in mid flowering.

S

strictlyHYDROid

I have no clue what "CF" is, but "EC" is electrical conductivity, a more reliable measure than PPM meters because they rely on estimates based on conversion factors.

Seems like your PPM tester uses a .5 conversion (vs. a .7 conversion), and you're running your nutes pretty damn hot for how small those plants look to be in the pics.

If you're not noticing any burning or lockouts than more power to you, but I'd be hesitant to run 1-1.5 foot tall plants at almost 2000PPMs - that's more a number you'd think of for trees in mid flower when they're really eating.

Anyways, keep tabs on your PPMs - if they go up, your nutes are too strong and the plants are drinking more water than nutes.

If they go down, you could (theoretically) up the nutes, but I certainly would't recommend it.

If they stay around where they're at, you've found the sweet spot.

But honestly, less is more when it comes to nutes (IMO) - I rarely if ever go much above 1000PPMs, even in mid flowering.

awesome bobby , thanks for the advise
i just finished watching arjan and franco on youtube and im running my nutes way too hot
they run theirs at 1.6 ec @ 800 ppm
mine is more then double
i think i should adjust right this very moment

thanks again bobby

B

Bobby Smith

No worries bro - best of luck, and I 100% agree with you cutting the nutes down - I'd say 1000PPMs is a nice baseline, and if your plants start to look hungry than you can up it.

S

strictlyHYDROid

weird but good=cheaper still

this is funny
it seems that half solution has the best EC reading
@ 900 ppm
so less is definitely more

B

Bobby Smith

Lol............nothing weird about that, homey - the nute companies (save for H&G) as a rule don't publish "weak" grow charts - they're in business to make money, so they want people to use as much of their product as possible (although it just leads to people burning the fuck outta their plants, go figure).

98% of nute company feed charts are WAY too strong - that's where the PPM meter helps your ass out.

S

strictlyHYDROid

Lol............nothing weird about that, homey - the nute companies (save for H&G) as a rule don't publish "weak" grow charts - they're in business to make money, so they want people to use as much of their product as possible (although it just leads to people burning the fuck outta their plants, go figure).

98% of nute company feed charts are WAY too strong - that's where the PPM meter helps your ass out.

lol , that is dead true man
im so loving this ec meter
i feel quite the professional now , lol jokes
but im starting to get the whole picture now that i have ec , cf and ph meters
this is definitely playing god or shell i say the devil playing god
its so good having people around like you bobby
keep me on my toes
give me the heads up
and most of all , correct me with the right information needed
you the man !!! bro

T

Tesseract

Fantastic Job!!!

What a great first grow bro! I am amazed you chose to do this for the first one ever but hats off to you.

This is what these forums are all about. Sharing the knowledge so others can be successful!

can't wait to see how they turn out.

T

S

Silica

OKAY......

today iv decided to germinate some awesome genetics supplied by nirvana

*Bubblelicious
*Wonder Woman
*Aurora Indica
*Chrystal
*White Rhino
*Blue Mystic
*Ice

this lot is going to be future mothers
and will be grown outdoors
"it being the beginning of summer"
ill take clones from these to be flowered indoors
that way mid winter , i should have soo much weed on me ill be swimming in bud:love0018:

please , if you've had any experience with these strains
feel free to leave a write up

I have a bit of experience with nirvanas strains. I grew with them on and off between 99 and 2006.
I will put my reports on a few others too in case you do grow some of these-

White Rhino-
I rate this as there best i have tried. long lasting stone, potent enjoyable high, not as crystally as i expected.
bubblegum had more reson but not as potent.
use low EC readings. half strength or less nutes should be sweet. attracted bugs like white flies. I have grown several breeders white rhino and they all seem the same.
top 5 for me. i recomend flowering for 10 weeks
3x stretch seems homegenous.(not much variation)clones well

Bubblegum
i think it was 2002 or 2001 i was grwoing this. Pretty plants with a nice structure and fairly large buds.
very resinous and crystally. couchlock. short lasting high.
around 30min-1 hour high. for taht reason i wouldnt grow bubblegum ever again. seemed healthy and no probs, less than the others apart from potency.clones well.

Blue mystic
found a few keepers, kept them going for a while.
1 was huge yeilding and took around 9 weeks maybe longer. wasnt that potent. another was smaller yeilding and pretty, seemed like a true blueberry should be.
nice high pretty crystals and bud structure. not easy to grow and shows problems with anything before other plants do. Would not grow again. perhaps true blueberry from dj short.

Northern lights x big bud.
Huge long buds on some that i remember. the smoke wasnt that special and i was getting equal yeilds from white rhino with better smoke so didnt keep NLxBB going.

skunk 1
Small tight buds, dont remember much about this strain but i didnt rate it highly.Some love it. I might not have given it enough of a chance. or enough room or care in the room.didnt seem potent.

K2
much variation.some short and squat some tall and lanky.
i liek the squat ones the most. yeilds well for being so short. good for directly under the light if you know what i mean with taller plants around the sides. smoke was ok. better than bubblegum.

ak48
much variation. a few similar phenos. a few very different. i had one pheno that i suspect was ak48 but not 100% as labels came off in seedling stage.
extremley hashy and everyone loved it. most hashy plant i have seen and stunk in veg had resin in week 1 of flower. didnt clone at all, im dissapointed in that.
low yeilder but top grade medicine. it may have been one of my own crosses.not sure. the others cloned ok and were good smoke but far from hashy.
this and WR are my fave so far from nirvana.

I think thats it.
Would like to try crystal and Ice. ive heared good reports on those.

S

strictlyHYDROid

I have a bit of experience with nirvanas strains. I grew with them on and off between 99 and 2006.
I will put my reports on a few others too in case you do grow some of these-

White Rhino-
I rate this as there best i have tried. long lasting stone, potent enjoyable high, not as crystally as i expected.
bubblegum had more reson but not as potent.
use low EC readings. half strength or less nutes should be sweet. attracted bugs like white flies. I have grown several breeders white rhino and they all seem the same.
top 5 for me. i recomend flowering for 10 weeks
3x stretch seems homegenous.(not much variation)clones well

Bubblegum
i think it was 2002 or 2001 i was grwoing this. Pretty plants with a nice structure and fairly large buds.
very resinous and crystally. couchlock. short lasting high.
around 30min-1 hour high. for taht reason i wouldnt grow bubblegum ever again. seemed healthy and no probs, less than the others apart from potency.clones well.

Blue mystic
found a few keepers, kept them going for a while.
1 was huge yeilding and took around 9 weeks maybe longer. wasnt that potent. another was smaller yeilding and pretty, seemed like a true blueberry should be.
nice high pretty crystals and bud structure. not easy to grow and shows problems with anything before other plants do. Would not grow again. perhaps true blueberry from dj short.

Northern lights x big bud.
Huge long buds on some that i remember. the smoke wasnt that special and i was getting equal yeilds from white rhino with better smoke so didnt keep NLxBB going.

skunk 1
Small tight buds, dont remember much about this strain but i didnt rate it highly.Some love it. I might not have given it enough of a chance. or enough room or care in the room.didnt seem potent.

K2
much variation.some short and squat some tall and lanky.
i liek the squat ones the most. yeilds well for being so short. good for directly under the light if you know what i mean with taller plants around the sides. smoke was ok. better than bubblegum.

ak48
much variation. a few similar phenos. a few very different. i had one pheno that i suspect was ak48 but not 100% as labels came off in seedling stage.
extremley hashy and everyone loved it. most hashy plant i have seen and stunk in veg had resin in week 1 of flower. didnt clone at all, im dissapointed in that.
low yeilder but top grade medicine. it may have been one of my own crosses.not sure. the others cloned ok and were good smoke but far from hashy.
this and WR are my fave so far from nirvana.

I think thats it.
Would like to try crystal and Ice. ive heared good reports on those.
hey thanks for the info
very appreciated
well....
im going to try my best to cultivate these strains i have
with the best knowledge i can possibly digest from you guys
my intentions upon judgement of the strains im growing was to give more to the customers if i felt that the particular was a bit weak in potency
that way being fair
with out the customer im nothing but a joke to the cannabis society
ill do my best to keep my knowledge at its best
thanks to all of you

S

strictlyHYDROid

Fantastic Job!!!

What a great first grow bro! I am amazed you chose to do this for the first one ever but hats off to you.

This is what these forums are all about. Sharing the knowledge so others can be successful!

can't wait to see how they turn out.

T

how's it going man
hey thanks for the props
this is my first hydroponic grow
i've had a couple soil & coco grows under my belt
but nothing like this
very interesting i must say

T

Tesseract

how's it going man
hey thanks for the props
this is my first hydroponic grow
i've had a couple soil & coco grows under my belt
but nothing like this
very interesting i must say

Was your choice of this system based on your room, or that you really wanted to try this setup? Maybe both?

I must say that these do maximize space well and vertical grows can reap more based on configuration.

Did you wan't a more technical aspect to growing with hydro over soil? Part of the reason I love growing is the fact that it swallows all my loves. Mechanical, structural, electrical, chemical engineering, mixed with the actual growing and organic chemistry side.

I was a huge Lego kid when I was little, so I have always searched for something that fulfills my need to build.

T

S

strictlyHYDROid

Was your choice of this system based on your room, or that you really wanted to try this setup? Maybe both?

I must say that these do maximize space well and vertical grows can reap more based on configuration.

Did you wan't a more technical aspect to growing with hydro over soil? Part of the reason I love growing is the fact that it swallows all my loves. Mechanical, structural, electrical, chemical engineering, mixed with the actual growing and organic chemistry side.

I was a huge Lego kid when I was little, so I have always searched for something that fulfills my need to build.

T
how's it going
hey thanks for the interesting comment
thats funny you say that , i was also a lego boy in my young days too
= )D
in regards of your question ''hydro over soil''

i knew there was a easier way in cultivating cannabis
"extensively reading forums" hydroponics was the answer

although preached that hydroponics was hard to maintain , hard to build etc.....

to me thats like a pussy blocker trying to block the pussy
so i had to prove them wrong

away i went

i had a budget of $2000 a pencil and a few pads
and also a mouse

i had made friends with a particular on youtube

this being his link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Z1-q2cZes

i was very amazed of what i was watching

i had no idea how much this was all going to cost but i knew i could have it fully up & running with everything

including Amsterdam genetics under the price of my budget excluding lights and fans , already owned

all up there was a total of
45 meters of 4" pipe , 30 odd elbow joins , glue , 2 x dual air pumps , water pump , hoses and joins , 30 odd pipe brackets , couple packs of screws , aqua grade silicon ,

perlite , 70 mesh pots , jiffy peats , clonning solutions , hormone additives , $300+ worth of nutes , cordless drill+bits , timber , panda film
sound proof mat , EC-CF meter & a ph meter

this all came up to $1500

and roughly took me 2 weeks to build , comfortably

iv grown soil in the past and i tell you , watering was a bitch and very expensive

plus it being individual i was getting problems like deficiency , burning , fluctuating PH readings "PH strips"
the whole shabang!!!!
although yielding some very nice buds
i wasn't happy enough to say i was happy with it

once i understood the fundamentals and the scientific side of hydroponic cultivating
i was in love

the best thing about hydroponics in my opinion is
you only have to worry about the reservoir

as long as the reservoir is perfect the rest will be perfect
i cant wait till i have the coliseum full with 70 plants

as for the room size , i had no restrictions
i think you's should definitely stick around for the next set up i make
because its going to hold 350 plants only for flowering
its going to be very interesting and soo fucken green
full of white pom poms

S

strictlyHYDROid

up dates 2.11.2010

here are a few pics of my plants under flower
some nutes im using and also a clone i propagated and vegged
im amazed to see how much bud iv got going on here
and abit of weight behind it too
the plants are starting to lean under pressure due to it

i thinned out the foliage for more light exposure
and also did a second root trim

there are only 7 plants in the coliseum flowering
i think im going to get more then i expected
due to only being 3 weeks old 12/12
my expectation was only 1 ounce per plant and by the looks of it now , i think there's a ounce on it already = )D

what a buz

IMG00251
IMG00252
IMG00253
IMG00254
IMG00255
IMG00256
IMG00257
IMG00258
IMG00259
IMG00260
IMG00261
IMG00262
IMG00263
IMG00264
IMG00265
IMG00266
IMG00268
IMG00269
IMG00270
IMG00271
IMG00272
S

strictlyHYDROid

added another 400watter today
just for more coverage

the buds are getting fatter by the day
im starting to think the gods are with me for this 1 , amazing

im mixing bat manure , potash , and dutch master advance A&B to the reservoir @ 900ppm & 6.2ph
and also potash & hormone growth to the air condenser
to be humidified to the atmosphere

T

Tesseract

added another 400watter today
just for more coverage

the buds are getting fatter by the day
im starting to think the gods are with me for this 1 , amazing

im mixing bat manure , potash , and dutch master advance A&B to the reservoir @ 900ppm & 6.2ph
and also potash & hormone growth to the air condenser
to be humidified to the atmosphere

Nice, Nice, and Very Nice!

I have never heard of adding things like that to the atmosphere. Nitrates are in the air outside and collect with the rain during a downpour so it makes sense. Do you have any results on this method yet? very interesting stuff bro Keep up the great work!

T

S

strictlyHYDROid

Nice, Nice, and Very Nice!

I have never heard of adding things like that to the atmosphere. Nitrates are in the air outside and collect with the rain during a downpour so it makes sense. Do you have any results on this method yet? very interesting stuff bro Keep up the great work!

T

thanks man
i think it works , saves foliage spraying
and the chances of water burns
although im going to stop doing this when the buds get a bit bigger , incase it leads to bud rot etc

Top Bottom