I am new here. Looking for white color led.

• Thread starter 420baby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

It is cheap. Will i need to buy different parts and then assemble them together? I don't know if i can make it. lol
You can just buy a kit(s) with all the parts, or buy them pre-assembled at the link I sent.

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

Alright. thanks for your suggestion. I will check it out when i have spare time.
How do you think about Samsung and Cree?

Cree was the early leader in premium COB and "mono" (single color) LEDs, and priced their products at a premium as well. But they didn't see the tech and market shift toward SMDs (surface mount diodes, the small low-voltage LEDs assembled in strings) and SMD strips as the primary light engines in horticultural lamps. Samsung has taken that trend by the horns and dominates the market now, with efficiency and spectrum that exceeds Cree and pricing that absolutely crushes Cree. Cree is still reeling from the shift, stuck with their very good but overpriced COBs and no competitive offering in SMD light strips.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just so you know that light is 100w not the 600w you think.
Maybe 100 watts from the wall!..I don't trust the specs these type of companys put out..(luckily Kill-0-Watt meters are $20)
That sucker is very red heavy..Used in veg, I bet there will be very stretchy plants.
Don't get me wrong, it might grow 1-2 plants but not max them out.
Contrary to popular belief..Nutes are not the food..They are more like vitamins....LIGHTS ARE THE FOOD!

Kepp89

Kepp89

It is cheap. Will i need to buy different parts and then assemble them together? I don't know if i can make it. lol
Right? I just wanna buy a light without having to do anything but plug it in and be blinded. Hopefully someone sees this and references a kit fully assembled just plug it i
Just so you know that light is 100w not the 600w you think.
thanks I did not. I wondered why my buds have not exploded yet. They’re def getting fatter but there’s no explosion in size even after week 6. I only have branch end buds but they look to be about 2-4 grams each once fully dried. Just eyeballing the bud. Lights are close enough to make bud temps 83 degrees

I’m using both of them both switches on veg and flower.

Next plant am I honestly best off spending bookoo dollars on a proper light? Can you link a good LED setup that’s hopefully as plug and play as the one I have? I looked into them last night and said yup confused and hit the X

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Right? I just wanna buy a light without having to do anything but plug it in and be blinded. Hopefully someone sees this and references a kit fully assembled just plug it i

thanks I did not. I wondered why my buds have not exploded yet. They’re def getting fatter but there’s no explosion in size even after week 6. I only have branch end buds but they look to be about 2-4 grams each once fully dried. Just eyeballing the bud. Lights are close enough to make bud temps 83 degrees

Next plant am I honestly best off spending bookoo dollars on a proper light? Can you link a good LED setup that’s hopefully as plug and play as the one I have? I looked into them last night and said yup confused and hit the X

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

GOOGLE HLG quantum board kits..Figure about $1.25-1.50 per watt for the latest..
These are the most efficient diodes built today..(Sammy 301B and I hear there is one even newer..nothing wrong with the older Sammys either if you get a deal)

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Thanks, I did not. I wondered why my buds have not exploded yet. They’re def getting fatter but there’s no explosion in size even after week 6. I only have branch end buds but they look to be about 2-4 grams each once fully dried. Just eyeballing the bud. Lights are close enough to make bud temps 83 degrees.

Kepp, the light is a major contribution to development and growth. It is mimicking the sun so something geared towards growing is in the best interest.

600W for $99.00 from KingLED. I like this concept because it has different switches to trigger each light stage.

https://kingledlights.com/products/king-plus-600w-double-chips-led-grow-light

600W for $149.00 from Mars Hydro

Also, are you giving them flowering nutes to help grow bigger buds?

Best of luck!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kepp, the light is a major contribution to development and growth. It is mimicking the sun so something geared towards growing is in the best interest.

600W for $99.00 from KingLED. I like this concept because it has different switches to trigger each light stage.

Best of luck!
Both of these lights are marketing gimmicks much like the light @Kepp89 bought they are not 600w lights they are 600w equivalent they are probably at 100-120w at the wall.

I'm an LED grower and personally i use the HLG600 for a 4x4 area and it kills it with an output of over 1500ppfd. I bought it here: https://growerslights.com/collectio...ure-lighting-group-600h-quantum-board-led-kit

you can go to the HLG website and see the kits they have here: https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits

They give you accurate no BS info on the wattage (no equivalency rating) and the coverage area for flower and veg. These will grow real plants.

There are cobs and plenty of other lights that will do just as well. I recommend these because i have used them and rather not give you info on something i have no used,

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also they are super easy to put together and growerslights.com will assemble for a small fee if your not up to it. Someone on the forum could easily guide you if you need. HLG may assemble also but i'm not 100% sure.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Best of luck!
Hate to tell you, but Mars was/is one of the worst offenders of mis representing their lights. (those are really old tech anyway..there are newer Mars)
If you take their stated watts and multiple by 50-60%, you will be close to actual..No nada about Kingled. You need to know the ACTUAL watts and the size of your room..For burples figure 45-55 watts per sq ft..for white lights like the Sammys..figure 40-50 watts per sq ft. (ACTUAL WATTS)
You need flowering nutes + a PK BOOSTER for fat buds..There is a ton of info on lights and basic flowering here and on Google..Plz read for yourself..
BURPLE is history and a waste of $$ unless it is the only way..If so..look into Meizhi LEDS..Better lights and better company that puts the real draw on a sticker on the light! Mars CS sux..Meizhi was top notch (I began with Meizhis).
Haven't looked in a long time, but Mars used to send you diodes to DIY replacement under warranty when the 5cent Epistars they use burn out..LMAO

Last edited:
Baudelaire

Baudelaire

Two SolSheet X's with HLG-480H-24A driver and a T-split extension cable = $600 with free shipping, no assembly required. Will kill in a 4x4.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Hate to tell you, but Mars was/is one of the worst offenders of mis representing their lights. (those are really old tech anyway..there are newer Mars)
If you take their stated watts and multiple by 50-60%, you will be close to actual..No nada about Kingled. You need to know the ACTUAL watts and the size of your room..For burples figure 45-55 watts per sq ft..for white lights like the Sammys..figure 40-50 watts per sq ft. (ACTUAL WATTS)
You need flowering nutes + a PK BOOSTER for fat buds..There is a ton of info on lights and basic flowering here and on Google..Plz read for yourself..
BURPLE is history and a waste of $$ unless it is the only way..If so..look into Meizhi LEDS..Better lights and better company that puts the real draw on a sticker on the light! Mars CS sux..Meizhi was top notch (I began with Meizhis).
Haven't looked in a long time, but Mars used to send you diodes to DIY replacement under warranty when the 5cent Epistars they use burn out..LMAO

Hey Buzzer,

Thanks for letting me know. I found those when I was looking for economical LED's. I use HID so I do not have any first hand knowledge on the companies. I just referred them based on what other people I know are using and have had okay results with. What brands do you recommend that aren't top end of the market pricing? Thanks

J

JonathanM

But there are a lot of choices.

Every single led produce generally three primary colors as we all know that red, green and blue. You can also either go it. I am still in confusion why you are looking for it? Well, I still remebered that I used this small ed in one of my projects.

billyshigh

billyshigh

Hello guys. Really very happy to be here. One of my friends recommended me this site.
I am a newbie and looking for grow lights. I researched some through google. But there are a lot of choices.
My optimal light should be an LED. The purple or the white? Any recommendation for me? Thanks in advance. :D
I have used a Diamond Series XML 150 for both flower and veg, kinda expensive though, look up that light and the try eBay, that is where I found mine for less than half the price of a new one. The actual company that makes them is Advanced LED.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Two SolSheet X's with HLG-480H-24A driver and a T-split extension cable = $600 with free shipping, no assembly required. Will kill in a 4x4.

For a closet grow, I don't know if I have the room for the SolSheet X, would the smaller model 13" x 18" be sufficient? What light spectrum? 2700k? 3500k? 5000k? 2700k/5000k? Can this be used for flower and veg? Tks

Kepp89

Kepp89

so if i replace my 2 missyee 600w with this https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEIZHI-Ref...758013&hash=item360aabb642:g:pbEAAOSwDSRctGjC i'll be better off? i know this info is all over the internet but i'm usually good at buying the one that isnt recommended out of the dozen that are with the same name. just how she goes.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hey Buzzer,

Thanks for letting me know. I found those when I was looking for economical LED's. I use HID so I do not have any first hand knowledge on the companies. I just referred them based on what other people I know are using and have had okay results with. What brands do you recommend that aren't top end of the market pricing? Thanks
Look for Atrium Lighting on Ebay and reach out to him....same diodes, same high quality boards and heatsinks (..You fasten the boards with enclosed hardware, wire them in series or parallel (I use parallel for multiple boards); buy and attach a driver and..Boom..white light! I run a few of his (288's) as do a few of my students..good guy, great product ! I suggest a Meanwell driver with dimmer leads (B type instead of A type)..Attach a $5 100k ohm pot..and you have a dimmable fixture!(listed on his site). If you need help..I am here as are others that have used similar boards.
Also google HLG Quantum boards videos and there is help for assembly visually (maybe a 20 minute job..most of which is attaching the screws from board to heatsink)

I just looked and he has his own site now.

Ina

Ina

For veg I use floodlight 200w(flodlights are really cheap and strong)4500k Never tried floodlight for flower because I only grow outdoors for now but for veg it is just fine and better than many stated as "grow"lights.It is even too much for that space,i could get 150w:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom