I guess I'll do a diary...lol

• Thread starter Donk Frog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donk Frog

unsure...I will wait till all males show...then see how much room I have left....and try and bend'er into something more workable.....not afraid of her getting to close to light though....there are glass panels six inchs from light, lights are vented with cool air air and hot air is expelled from lights and balest from back of machine...will be adding CO2 end of next weed:rock

M

Mr Green

your plants look really healthy.. cant wait to see them flowering.. keep us posted and look forward to seeing more pics

D

Donk Frog

Need to bend or prune soon...advice please....

I have always done clones or Indica domaniant plant in my machine.....the HDF's are stretching like crazy the machine looks full already, what is the best way to create space....the machine only has 9 plants in it, do to removing males and size of these suckers. I have always just let my plants grow and just trimmed the bottom branches. Now that I know the stretch on these if I find a keeper it will only get 3-5days veg then flower....I have a very promising purple wreck that is looking like a perfect growth pattern for the machine.....anyway advice please:nerd

IMG 0210
IMG 0211
IMG 0212
P

ProGroWannabe

Start tying the tallest shoots down. As they continue to stretch, tighten the strings up. You can continue to manipulate the growth of them this way and everything will work out fine.

Once you get a growth shoot tied, within a couple of hours, it will pull itself back up to face the light, so don't worry about the being shaded when you first tie them--they'll straighten up.

If your vigilant, you can make that girl the biggest bush you've ever grown in there. It will also give you a great overall yield if you spread her out a bit.

D

Donk Frog

Start tying the tallest shoots down. As they continue to stretch, tighten the strings up. You can continue to manipulate the growth of them this way and everything will work out fine.

Once you get a growth shoot tied, within a couple of hours, it will pull itself back up to face the light, so don't worry about the being shaded when you first tie them--they'll straighten up.

If your vigilant, you can make that girl the biggest bush you've ever grown in there. It will also give you a great overall yield if you spread her out a bit.

thanks ...I tied down most of the tall ones bent /broke mainstem on biggest as it was not very bendy....but it will recover it is not all the way through...I'll post some more pics this week-end

P

ProGroWannabe

Sounds good DF! Keep her in bondage whether she likes it or not! Dominatrics might get a bit weird in person, but on plants it's killer!:bandit

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Good job Donk Fog, one option for you at this time of the grow would be to super crop your girls. Hard idea for me to wrap my head around at first but it does work and your plants are at the ideal age to give a try on a couple of branches.

jj

M

Mr Green

keep the shot coming.. really enjoy reading and seeing pics of your grow.. thanks df

D

Donk Frog

update

well another male showed and pulled.... leaving only 2 unsexed a purple wreck and a heavy duty fruity.

Of 13 purple wreck seeds 8 germinated, of the 8 ...two were showing signs of weak sickly growth so they were removed as I am searching for a plant to clone a mom off (clones have all rooted) . the pw left turned out 5males, a female, and I am waiting on the last one. I must say the pw female cuts i have so far(3) rooted in 5-7 days and the plant is showing to be indica dominant( good for my machine) , although in most picks I have seen it was looking more sativa???

The HDF all ten germinated but one died, of the nine left
5female, 3male, one unknow, these all look sativa dom, and are streching like crazy, I have tied them down

Flowering was started last monday, but I think flowering may be delayed a little because I flowered them at 5weeks from seed (power outage, space issues) Plus I just trimmed up bottoms and bent the shit out of the HDF's
Everything still looks healthy, my goal here is selecting the right plant that runs perfect in my machine, with good yeild, stone to my taste, roots easy, not so much yeild off this perticular crop(althogh it would be nice)

pic soon as I have time

P

ProGroWannabe

It kinda sucks that your male ratio was so high. But on the upside, rooting cuts in 5-7 days is fast as hell.

D

Donk Frog

male ratio was most likey high due to vegging under hps...but at least all are more likely to be true and show no signs of herm's even when stressed, as I starved them a bit and had unstable ph for the first couple week(on purpose), just want the healthiest breeding stock should I chose a keeper, I also have some Lemon Larrys I just sprouted from seed too:giggle

C

cell

That box is sweet! At first I thought the prices were ridiculous, I believe it's $3200 CAD for the BloomBox and $23,500 CAD for the "Big Kahuna" package... Then I considered everything it includes: CO2 injection, cooling, lighting, full hydro setup... And I think I'm going to grab a BloomBox pretty soon. Thanks for introducing me to the product, and the grow looks great. If imitation is truly the most sincere form of flattery, consider yourself praised. ;-)

Or you can elaborately build your own for WAY less than $3200.

Great grow DF! I have recently started the hydro scene instead of dirt, and it has done me no wrong! I will never go back! Your certainly on the right track, thanks for the pictures!

D

DomsChron

I hate jorge cervantes for making that boook. Indoor Marijuana Horticulture, right?

That's so misleading, because A: Blue spectrum is less stressful and B: PLANT SEX IS PREDETERMINED ONCE YOU CRACK THOSE SEEDS. But you NEED to grow out the males still and kill them because you cannot tell they are males until they have preflowers.

D

Donk Frog

Update: Stupid fungus gnats

:headbang I am making up some tobbacco juice mix with hot pepper to kill off larva, a small bowl of beer and some yellow skicky traps to get rid of adults:nerd......I hate these little fuckers.....ever since we started this stupid green bin program here they are always around ....and I dont mean just the garden I mean around the house.....Now I have lots of permethrin around as I am an exterminator, but for my part I have never used it on anything ediable or smokable I just want to mix up a dilluted batch and use as a drench for the larva as well....anyone ever do that...talk to me farmers

P

ProGroWannabe

I just used K+ Neem to spray the surfae of my coco a couple of times a day when I had them. It got rid of mine and they heaven't been back.......yet.

D

Donk Frog

I just used K+ Neem to spray the surfae of my coco a couple of times a day when I had them. It got rid of mine and they heaven't been back.......yet.

I used neem last time got rid of the gnats but when it steeped into my root system it gummed all the roots up, but you said you just spray it ...see I made up a litre mix and applied from the top in a water feed fashion....mabbee that was way to much, :surprised...I will mix up a spray bottle and mist the tops of the cubes, thanks pro, does spraying the lower leaves take care of adults too:nerd

Top Bottom