I keep getting tastelss, odorless buds!

• Thread starter greenops
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluenote

To the original poster , it would well behoove you to heed the advice you've gotten here as regards humidity during a jar cure.

As far as *feeding* goes. Are you feeding molasses? Over the decades I have found that ( anecdotal it may be ) raising the levels in flower and with certain strains a tapered flush utilising molasses helps with both flavor and aroma. This effect of course will vary from strain to strain. Feeding of other additives such as Botanicare's " Sweet" will often exhibit similar results at a much higher price , and of course Molasses carries a potassium content along with traces , cal , mag , iron etc.......... the *common* thread here though is a commonly forgotten component that plays a key role in the production of tepenes and terpinoids.......sulfur.

And quite frankly I'm relatively certain that we've all seen stuff that smelled dank , looked fantastic and wouldn't get a fly high.

The brown Thai I maintain would be passed on by with certain folks here , just a buncha little dark brown chunks that don't even stink until you cut them up and then smell like fresh turned loam with a hint vanilla/chocolate , looks like a buncha hairy dried out cat turds sitting there in the jar. The shit will turn you sixteen ways from loose and trip you out to Andromeda and back though.

And here's the point I'm driving home , certain of y'all have gotten to the point where elitist snobbery will inevitably no longer foster further development , and I can show you *directly* applicable parallels within many facets of the agricultural industries.

Preservation of goood and great genetics is of course of drastic importance , however constant breeding of *only* "elite genetics" to only elite genetics will prove deleterious to the overall gene pool in the long run.

Here lets use as an example Logic , who so graciously offered a ...well Logical......solution to the OP's quandary , and did so in a non-judgemental and non-abusive manner.................. ( kudos for **paying it foward to the man...that's a rarity nowadays)....

Now if Logic ran across a strain that *produced* but was unverifiable do y'all really think he'd just dismiss it out of hand.

In closing a bit of food for thought for y'all from performance canines.

It's ultimately not the *pedigree* that validates the dog , it's the Dog that validates the pedigree.....

Don't get pedigree blind , if you do you may well miss some good stuff , keep in mind that this whole thing started with a buncha mongrels in the first place.......

singingcrow

singingcrow

panic over guys....im getting greenops some free Cheeto Kush out....get ready for some AAA+ dank homie! :harvest:

That is SO sweet of you Logic. I wish you guys the very best as you share these seeds. Just today I shared an hour of help with a new grower. 2 days ago I gave away some great flowers to a MS patient of mine. a few days before that I gave THC pills to a friend with a migraine.

That is what this plant is all about. Not the money, not the game, just help and love.

B

Bluenote

That is SO sweet of you Logic. I wish you guys the very best as you share these seeds. Just today I shared an hour of help with a new grower. 2 days ago I gave away some great flowers to a MS patient of mine. a few days before that I gave THC pills to a friend with a migraine.

That is what this plant is all about. Not the money, not the game, just help and love.

EEggggggzaaacccklllllly , not busting someone's chops over the number of plants they're growing or the strains they're running etc.

It's not a game of ego accentuation , that's always a losing game sooner or later , there's always a bigger dog gonna show up.

And in the end *we're all in this together* , and I don't think many will argue that if we don't help each other and thereby help ourselves......does it look like any sort of " help" is forthcoming from other sources?

Sorry folks there t'ain't no " Holy Grail" , not about any of it , and any illusion of such is temporary at best , disappointing at worst , the Joy is in the Search and the associated Journey.

singingcrow

singingcrow

LOL Bluenote and Logic....

Shanti/Logic: guru master please....this Cheeto Kush you tell us about... great are plans I have for you my son....

G

greenops

Where are you drying your buds at? So far I heard a lot of talk about your grow room conditions but nothing about where the plants are being hung up to start the drying process...

This is how i hung my last harvest. Cool temps of 65-70F, fan blowing occasionally and indirect after day 2.. The 2 harvests before that I hung the branches up individually, but also in the same tent.

DSC00511

To the original poster , it would well behoove you to heed the advice you've gotten here as regards humidity during a jar cure.

As far as *feeding* goes. Are you feeding molasses?

OK i got one jar now which is at 59-60% while the others are at 63%. Its been only a week so Ill let it sit for a month or so and check if there will be a difference.

Yes i started feeding molasses in my last grow, and will continue doing so..

Got some Cheeto Kush heading your way today....enjoy :)

OH EM GEE! Thank you logic! I'm looking forward to posting my progress here... and when i get that stank you can tell people 'if greenops can do it, you can do it!'

G

greenops

Muchos Gracias Homey! I got the pack of 10 Cheeto Kush seeds by mail today.. wasssup!!!

I coudnt find info on this strain.... if u dont mind, or if somebody else here knows please feel free to answer my following questions. Thanks a lot!

1) Are these regular or feminized seeds?
2) Recommended flowering time
3) Hight
4) good for outdoor in an area where it gets 10C during october?

G

greenops

Last night I went to my friend's place to check on his Tangerine Dream / Blueberry Gum grow.
TD6sBBGs4

His TDs are in weeks 6 of flowering while the BBGs are in week 4... I was surprised at how strong they smelled. Its just unreal. None of my indoor plants have ever come close to the way his plants smell so early in the game.
I bet my ass if my plants would have smelt like that during flowering, i wouldnt have a problem curing them.
I tried all different kinds of drying/curing techniques and the best i can do is to get rid of any plant smell. With my Amnesia Lemon, the only scent that is left is just very mild and simple sweet/hashy odor, but not intensive at all, its just a small slice from the terpenes spectrum. And that scent that is left in the buds now is how the buds smelled during late flowering also. Really low odor, almost non existent. The smell of the plant matter and the soil overpowered the smell of the mature buds!

I will also rule out soil or nutrient problems because I actually vegged the BBGs for the first month at my place using the same soil as i do for all my plants. I had to give the BBGs to my friend cuz i was running out of space... because I went with this Kushberry and Fruity Chronic Juice Scrog

Switch 20 vtob 9 23

Nobody can tell me my friend is a better grower either lol... this is his first run and he's still learning the basics, like when to water, how much water (he used to give a glass of water everyday just to keep the surface moist), he doesnt adjust ph or measure nutes exactly, hell he doesnt even spend time researching about anything.. i basically tell him everything he needs to know.. lol

He grows under the same temps and humidity.
The main difference between his and my setup is the following:

My friend: 600w hps & generic reflector, 3ft x 3ft commercial grow tent, he gets air from the outside of his home directly in to his grow tent, and is able to exhaust the air directly out of his window.

My setup: 250w hps air cooled hood, 2 x 3 cabinet, passive air intake from inside the room, exhaust in the room... window is cracked open most of the time.

To me the only factors that remain are:

1. lights - I read in another thread here that light intensity may suppress the terpens? Or does lack of lumen play a role since i'm using an air cooled hood?
2. the material of my cabinet - normal cabinet out of wood
3. air quality - i only have my window slightly open
4. negative pressure inside the cabinet - i have 3 slits in the bottom of the cabinet for passive intake (approx 1'' x 12'')

singingcrow

singingcrow

Very nice! I still want to hear about how your Cheeto Kush turns out. Grow Journal maybe? Ill subscribe!

G

greenops

Very nice! I still want to hear about how your Cheeto Kush turns out. Grow Journal maybe? Ill subscribe! I hear Logic/Shanti has worked really hard on awesome genetics and those he keeps for his personal use are probably cream of the crop!

Oh man i'm very excited for the Cheeto Kush! Unfortunately my ongoing scrog will be my last indoor grow for now cuz during summer the temps get really hot. i'm planning to go outdoors with my Cinderella 99 beans. =)
If the Cheeto Kush has a fast flowering time I might bring 2 of em along for this summer.

Otherwise I will start with an indoor Cheeto Kush grow by September and i be happy to post my journal here.

I just hope i wont fuck dat up too.. lol

singingcrow

singingcrow

Oh you won't... Im sure of it!!! Best of luck to you, really and truly... PS - Maybe a DWC for one of them?

That way you can regulate and fix whatever nute problems might arise without disturbing other plants. Sometimes I use a DWC bucket for personal stash that might need different grow times than the other plants together in my cocomat ebb and flow tray...

G

greenops

Thanks i can really use some luck... yea i been checking other medium out. Besides DWC i'm also interested in coco.

singingcrow

singingcrow

Thanks i can really use some luck... yea i been checking other medium out. Besides DWC i'm also interested in coco.

I recently switched out (mostly) and am a huge fan. I plant 1" rockwool cubes right in the middle of " coco baskets with shredded coco inside packed tight. They seem to love the medium and I see no algae. The cocobaskets sit on a coco mat and the roots entertwine themselves through the basket. See attached pics.

TeenCloneRoots
BlueSkyTeens
G

greenops

That looks good, thanks for sharing! One thing that keeps me from going DWC or coco is that a lot of growers say the buds still taste best in soil.

fractal

fractal

I don't know about fixing the problem of stink-less buds, but I wanted to give you props on maximizing your 250 watt light with that scrog canopy. Wow! Lots of buds for such a small light I bet you're getting a half P at least from that eh?

W

WildCajun

Myself i have grown 3 harvest of super skunk#1 the first 2 were ok ,just did not taste strong ,so i started using "Cotton Candy " additive 2 mil per gallon with your other nutes for the 1st 6 weeks of flower such a big difference in taste for sure ,Happy Farming ,Cajun

W

Wtfguys001

This is insane to read through... You guys ALL miss the freaking obvious. Its P deficiency. There's purple in EVERY pic. Stems, leaves, etc. This is why i despise having to come ask ?s.. The amt of answers that are insanely generic and useless is staggering. Stick to simple probs before listening to insane theories of advanced solutions that would have ZERO benefit. Im SURE by now, the original acct found these answers were bs, n can confirm that they did not solve anything. Bc not one person kept to the simple basics of what's wrong. Frugging RH don't dry on the plant, deficiency does. Curing don't matter when ur not giving enough chemicals to allow production to occur within the glands/trichs. I mean cmon guys stop getting blazed and giving insane advice. It confuses new growers with bs they DON'T NEED.

Toaster79

Toaster79

This is insane to read through... You guys ALL miss the freaking obvious. Its P deficiency. There's purple in EVERY pic. Stems, leaves, etc. This is why i despise having to come ask ?s.. The amt of answers that are insanely generic and useless is staggering. Stick to simple probs before listening to insane theories of advanced solutions that would have ZERO benefit. Im SURE by now, the original acct found these answers were bs, n can confirm that they did not solve anything. Bc not one person kept to the simple basics of what's wrong. Frugging RH don't dry on the plant, deficiency does. Curing don't matter when ur not giving enough chemicals to allow production to occur within the glands/trichs. I mean cmon guys stop getting blazed and giving insane advice. It confuses new growers with bs they DON'T NEED.

Great job on resurecting a thread that has been dead for 5 1/2 years, Sherlock ;)

xenon730

xenon730

lol wtf guys from 6 years ago! you should check dates before talking shit and looking incredibly stupid. and congrats on bumping the very bad information youre complaining about like a hypocrite instead of giving good advice on current threads. you've hardly diagnosed the problem either and are not correct anyways so read and lurk more cause you're not where you think you are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom