I need a new high volume trimmer $4,000 to $15,000

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I was told that the Centurion was not made well say compared to the Twister, but of course it's 1/2 the price. What type of through put do you get?
I would say the Centurion is built very well.. All American or Canadian parts. Nothing from China.. Don't let the plastic case fool you. its a tank! its heavy and solid! half the price as the twister…Imo the only difference is the twister is shiny and looks nicer with all that stainless.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I would say the Centurion is built very well.. All American or Canadian parts. Nothing from China.. Don't let the plastic case fool you. its a tank! its heavy and solid! half the price as the twister…Imo the only difference is the twister is shiny and looks nicer with all that stainless.

How's the trimming job it does?

J

Jalisco Kid

Well that centurion is much cheaper then what was paid for the machine I used,like 3x. But it was the only game in town.The 8 year old centurion is much better built then the 2 year old twister. I was looking at the twister because it was cheaper. Now if I grew again I would not need one as I would rather express my buds through a SCE. I do not want to hear about strain,bag appeal,denseness,etc. Just hand them a bottle with no pesticide an thc cert. ...
JK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is that handheld trimmer not just a small flowbee, but for weed?

Seems like you might be able to adapt the flowbee for a lot less money.
http://www.flowbee.com/
Well.... the cutting portion I think may be different. Isn't a flowbee more like traditional clippers+vacuum? I can see something like my long hair getting caught in the Wanderer and being sucked up, but not cut. I don't know how to describe the cutting portion, it's like... twisted cylindrical scissors.

JethroMoony

JethroMoony

You would think people would come up with another design but everyone seems to copy the centurion. Why is this model better, I do like the 2 vac ports rather then my one. JK

Best bet would be to talk to the people who make it.

But here is a run down of what I know that makes it better:

1. The drum is made out of thinner but stronger material. This means less damage to the bud and better trimmed product.

2. The entire thing is built with a rigid frame, this means you can move it and it won't need adjustment. This is huge.

3. The drum is longer than any other trimmer by around 6" which increases product by a substantial amount.

4. Everything is made in the USA 100%. Twister imports their parts from China and assembles in Oregon. I've been to their machine shop and met his family. They make it all. His daughter cuts the blades, his boys build and weld the cages, it's incredible to see what they can do.

5. It's incredibly adjustable so that you can customize the clip to the specific type of bud

6. This is the one which other are emulating. The adjustable legs, the two vacs, the better blades, etc. This person did all of that first.

7. It comes with a drum cleaner and two drums so that you can keep production faster, cleaner, and more efficient.

8. He is also working on adding an efficiency gauge that will help the operator judge if the machine needs to be cleaned.

The list goes on and on. I know the site looks like crap but thats because these guys haven't wanted to be "out in the open". It's a family business by people who really stand behind their product. It's worth a look.

Someone referenced a "huge" machine previously at the Emerald Cup, chances are it was this one as it has the highest production capability that I know of.

I'd be happy to help setup a call with the guy if you're really interested in buying a pro machine.

JethroMoony

JethroMoony

They also make a smaller version of the machine which costs less. It's basically the same thing as the bigger one, just smaller. Production is around 20% less than the larger one. The large one doing 40lbs in 8 hours with 2-3 people.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
How loud is the centurion?

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

How loud is the centurion?
The machine is pretty Quiet.. the blower however puts of some noise.. prob equivalent to a 10-12" fan with out any ducting.. But by no means sounds like a small jet engine like some of the table top inits i've used. i can use it in the basement and its not to noisy upstairs

B

BestAround

Merry Christmas all

I need to buy a trimmer for our Medical meds and not sure what to go with. I'll be doing 50 to 80 lbs at first. I have looked around but don't have any first had experience using equipment like the Twister, I like the Centurion, twister knockoff for $8,000, thanks for your comments.

What are the compassion clubs using?

Peace

how much we talking about trimming per harvest? shit man what I did for my outdoor run was.. went out a week before the chop.. and pulled every single fan leaf off that had no trics on them.. then the day of the chop.. I went threw and pulled the remaining that had trichs.. and put them in bags.. then cut down the plants.. hung to dry putting them closer together because I want them to dry slow.. and I ended up with 6 pounds.. that it took me 3 8 hour days to trim.. by myself . and I dry trim.. but my outdoor isn't as close of a trim as my indoors.. but still had no full leaves.. and it looked great..

B

BestAround

80 lbs.. forget hand trimming lol.. but I wouldn't even bother spending 4-5 grand.. wen u can go get a nice trim pro off ebay for like 500 even cheaper.. just grab 3-4 trim pros.. and have ur boys come over and trim.. or just get the fam together lol... and not to mention.. I would only trim colas.. and then make BHO. with the shit u don't feel like trimming..

Delerium

Delerium

I thought the Twister was the knock off of the Centurion.
Used Twister many times, they are coming out with a new model as early as May to June, maybe July if they are backed up. It is going to have a smaller footprint like the Centurion and competitively priced.
The misting bar I would like to see in person. Nice you don't have to lube as ur going.
Highly suggest you go to you local metal shop and have a custom table top made for the trimmer, stainless steel top so you can actually work at it, ridiculous charging 5-13k rediscount and taxes and they don't give you ample workspace over the hopper. I just pull up a stool to it or rubber mat, save ur knees.
Wonder how much the Zoom runs, dbl barrel is sweet, better than doing tandem. Centurion also weighs like half of the competitions.

Last edited:
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I actually thought the centurion and pirhanna were cheap and flimsy units compared to the Twister 2, especially in full on full on mode..the Twister can move some material thru it but it destroys the buds both in appearance and smell, all looks the same in the bags when its all said and done..you can have ten different strains lined up and very few can tell them apart after some Twister abuse..I do like runnin 2 twisters end to end though because I hate re-runnin material twice thru a single machine..closest to a hand trim is hands down the Satellite, but high volume gets a little trickier, I max out at around 30 or so lbs a day with 6 people buckin the vine..the Triminator has a barrel that is twice the size around and a little longer than a twister which works wonders and the misting bar sure makes cleanup easy and time between cleanups is way extended. The Trimpal for dry material but it has to be really really dry to work well..2 Zooms end to end is the over the top setup for some real thru put..

I saw the "Trimstore" in Denver has joined up here, those cats are super nice, very knowledgable, and easy to deal with plus you can try out/rent every kind of machine under the sun until you find the one that suits your needs the best.

oxanaca

oxanaca

I actually thought the centurion and pirhanna were cheap and flimsy units compared to the Twister 2, especially in full on full on mode..the Twister can move some material thru it but it destroys the buds both in appearance and smell, all looks the same in the bags when its all said and done..you can have ten different strains lined up and very few can tell them apart after some Twister abuse..I do like runnin 2 twisters end to end though because I hate re-runnin material twice thru a single machine..closest to a hand trim is hands down the Satellite, but high volume gets a little trickier, I max out at around 30 or so lbs a day with 6 people buckin the vine..the Triminator has a barrel that is twice the size around and a little longer than a twister which works wonders and the misting bar sure makes cleanup easy and time between cleanups is way extended. The Trimpal for dry material but it has to be really really dry to work well..2 Zooms end to end is the over the top setup for some real thru put..

I saw the "Trimstore" in Denver has joined up here, those cats are super nice, very knowledgable, and easy to deal with plus you can try out/rent every kind of machine under the sun until you find the one that suits your needs the best.

ive been looking at the dry trimmers for awhile. it always seemed to me that if i trim them wet the smell is destroyed. have you personally used the trimpal?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have used the Trimpal and the material has to be bone dry before goin thru it which cause a few pretrim storage problems for me but on a smaller scale it works great

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I too have been looking at dry options like Trimpal, but all the videos show poor quality results. Is there some trick to using it without having to go over everything again by hand, or turning half the crop into mulch? Or does one just have to accept these machines are for a lower level commercial finish?

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The folks @Nomads Landing are using Bonsai trimmers that they really like for trimming after everything's dried.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The "Drone" is just a smaller version of the Satellite and cost just under $6k

Latest posts

Top Bottom